Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for June

Everyone who weighs on Thursdays is welcome to join in the group.
Some of us weigh on different days now but still come here.
This is the place to talk, share ideas, give support, and just have lots of fun.
This group is the best!!!!

How many are going to buy new bathing suits this year? I would love to but would like to lose 5 more pounds first. We'll see how long that takes.

Tina
Old 06-01-2005, 06:43 PM   #2  
Susan

OH NO!!!!! Not bathingsuits!! I can't believe that it's this time of the year again. Today was a hot and humid day. Wished I had a pool to stay cool in.

I found something to wear to the wedding. I'm wearing white pants and a flowery top. I decided it was better than nothing and I am tired of looking for something. The wedding is Sat.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #3  

Susan, I am so glad that you found something! It is awful to look and look and not find what you want.

Tina, I haven't had a new bathing suit in years. Maybe I should buy a new one sometime. I kept thinking that I would get one when I hit 50 pounds. But since I bounced the other direction from that, the thought hasn't been high on my list. lol

2 more days of school. Most of my things are in the new room. I'm going to have Tim and a couple friends move some more stuff down there in the morning. I'll need to get my desk emptied, then I think I'll be done! Wow! Then I need to start putting things away in the new room. I don't want to wait until I come back at the end of the summer to do that.

More new from school. Another teacher from the middle school resigned and so did the middle school principal! It's never a dull moment! Wonder what will happen tomorrow? Maybe I'll be going to the middle school.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #4  
Susan

Tammy,
Too bad that your principal didn't quit!!! We will all celebrate when that happens! Don't over do it!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I guess we can all hope really hard that the principal will quit.
Tammy, I know you're ready for the summer.
I had lunch with my sister. They got out last Friday. She hasn't wound down yet. She's still going strong each day. I told her to stop and relax--she can clean house and everything next week.
Susan, your outfit for the wedding sounds very nice. Pants are "in."
After looking for 2 months, I finally found a summer dress. I really don't think they make them for anyone but models, size 2-4.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

It's Thursday and I don't want to do anything---especially exercise.
Mimi, when do y'all actually get summer weather? And, how hot does it get up there?
Today, we're supposed to be in the low 90's. Summer is here. I'm just glad it's not raining today. It's been great for the grass but it gets so humid.

Has anyone tried the WW bread? It's 1 pt. each slice. I haven't tried it. (I'd rather eat the kind that's only 1/2 pt. per slice.)
Everyone take care!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #7  
Susan

I'm right there with you on doing anything! I did go exercise and need to get some cleaning done. i wish I could snap my fingers and it would all be done.

Tina, I agree with you on the 1/2 pt. per slice bread. I would much rather save my points for something else.

Tammy, I know you are glad school is out!

Mimi, how are you doing?

Amy, see you tomorrow. I can't wait to see you!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #8  

OK ladies. Sit down for this one!!! This morning I was standing in the hall waiting for my class to come to the room from the cafeteria (that's where all the K-3 kids meet in the morning). I see the guidance counselor with a frantic look on her face running down the hall. I looked at one of my boys. He was coming down the hall with a huge grin on his face. He was carrying an ice cold bottle of Miller Lite!!! Yep. You heard it here. I took it from him and I went on down to the office with it. The principal and superintendent were in the hall. They were a bit surprised to see me with a bottle of beer. Oh my. Austin was suspended for the last 2 days of school. I didn't even get to say good-bye to him when his mom's boyfriend picked him up. What a day. I'm glad tomorrow is the last one. The kids leave at 1.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #9  
Susan

Tammy,
I'm laughing so hard! That's great. Wonder on Earth possessed him to bring Miller Lite.....
Don't celebrate too hard tomorrow!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Oh my, Tammy,
What a sight that had to be. I bet you didn't know whether to laugh or faint.
I hope tomorrow isn't as eventful.

Susan, when do you leave for the wedding? I wish you'd send us a picture of you in your new outfit. Have a wonderful time.
Mimi and Sis, don't work too hard tomorrow. (Silly thing to say, I know.)
Maureen, are you still lurking in the shadows??? Let us hear from ya.
Amy, how's that sunburn?
Jody, what's new with you?
Tina
Old 06-03-2005, 12:40 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum - I learned about it via a livejournal weight watchers community and had to get the awesome weight tracker signature progress bar - and figured I'd snoop around and see what this site was all about.

I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago this sunday. I lost 3 pounds my first week, 5 pounds my second. Only 81 more to go! LOL!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...165/246.4/.png
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi Amanda,
Welcome to the Thursday thread. You are more than welcome to stay here.
Wow, what great first weeks you've had. Keep it up.
I'm Tina and have been around here since '98, I think. I've been a WW Lifetime member since '92. That doesn't mean I've stayed within my range, unfortunately. I'm married, have a grown son and live in the great state of Texas.
Tina

Old 06-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #13  
Susan

Howdy,
Getting ready to leave for the wedding festivities in the next couple of hours.

Tina, I'll try to get a picture for you. I'll take one of Amy too.
Tammy, YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schools out!!!
Mimi, are you still exercising a bunch?

Amanda, welcome to the group. I have to say "we are an awesome group" Where do you live? I'm from Texas too.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #14  

Welcome to the crew Amanda!! I've been around for a while also. Seems like I've known these women forever!!!

Kids left at 1. Tim and a friend came down to my room and helped me get the rest of my stuff moved. I left school at 8. I managed to empty 3 boxes. I have a zillion more to go. lol

Planning to sleep late tomorrow. I hope the dog leaves me alone.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Yeah Tammy----no more school!!!!!!!
I can't believe you stayed so late. Of course, you got a lot done.
If Kramer bothers you in the morning, just turn over and tell him to let you sleep.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Is anyone doing anything special? Sleep is good.
Drink that water and stay where it's cool.
Tina
Closed Thread