Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #31

Welcome to the newbies!
You're in the right spot! I'm down 22 1/2 lbs. I've been on the plan 14 weeks. I'm a little slow so I gotta catch up! I'm set to get down to 170. I started out at 247. I gues I'm at 224 1/2. That's really an accomplishment for me! Just a note to say Hi and hope everyone has a great weekend!
Janie
Old 07-22-2001, 10:39 AM   #2  

hi everyone
that's great janie keep up the good work and you will catch up.
i'm only 1/4 lb down myself and i know i can catch up too.

you know i don't like their scales i like my it says 195.5 today but durning the day it always goes up b/c of what i drink all the water and what i ate so i like mine better
talk to you soon
Old 07-22-2001, 02:16 PM   #3  

Hey everyone!!
Thanks Janie for starting a new thread! The other one was getting kinda long. I was just wondering out of all of us, how much weight have we lost total? I have lost 11 pounds, which I think is the smallest amount. I am just curious.

Hope everyone has had a good on the plan weekend!!
Marcie
Old 07-22-2001, 09:00 PM   #4  

Default Update

Well, as ya'll know I started the jet start last Wednesday.
I did great Wednesday and Thursday - then Friday the doctor I work for bought Mexican for lunch. I thought I would be smart and order fajitas and only eat the meat. Yeah, right! I ate everything except for the tortillas! I won't tell you how wonderful the beans and quacamole were! Anyway, I went to weigh in for the first time that afternoon. Lost 1 pound. I did confess to my goof... I can't say I did good that night either. I did ok on Saturday. Then this morning I did a GOOF at breakfast but got back on track.
HELP! This is hard! Tell me I'm not the only one of you who messed up this bad in just the first week.?????
Old 07-23-2001, 09:30 AM   #5  

Default I feel better now.

Well, I am at work this morning and I weighed. Even though I goofed a few times - I've still lost 3 more pounds!!!! I hope LAWL scales show the same when I go this afternoon.....
Old 07-23-2001, 09:54 AM   #6  

Default Hang In there!!

Slamby, Hang in there. It is hard, but you have to tell yourself that you are paying a lot of money for this and need to stay on track! I have fallen off the wagon many times before hence the fact that I have only lost 10 pounds. Its like my counselor says, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. It just isn't worth it. Don't beat yourself up....just get right back on track. My hardest times are the weekend. I always seem to slip up on the weekend. Good luck at your weigh in and I hope you lose those 3 pounds!!
Marcie
Old 07-23-2001, 05:12 PM   #7  
Domestic Goddess

Talking First day allmost over!

Well, I went today and got my bars and the food plan that I'll be following. I'm on the red plan. I came home and called my friend and she asked me why they didnt have me do a jet start plan. I didnt even think about it until she asked me. I wonder if it isnt because I have ALOT of weight to take off??? Or maybe since I'm coming off the Atkins Diet?? I'll be asking this question on Wensday when I go in. I'm still nervouse about this whole thing. I've failed at so many of my other attempts to lose weight but....I've never been on a plan like LAWL and I really do think I can do this. I'll probably gian more confidence as I see results.

Arent the bars good. I got the chocolate mint and also the yogurt fruit bar. I didnt try to yogurt bars yet. I'll be taking one of those to work with me this evening and eat that while all of the other nurses eat their junk .

I'll be going back into the center on Wensday I'll let you guys know how I do.

Have a good evening everyone~~*~~ChrissyB
Old 07-23-2001, 05:23 PM   #8  
Domestic Goddess

Question Who's keeping this a secret???!!??

I havent told anyone with the exception of a very good friend that I'm doing LAWL. She's doing it too and were cheering eachother along.

I wonder how long it'll take my DH to notice that I'm losing weight. Probably a good long time as the last time I lost weight I was down 50 pounds and he still didnt notice I figure if I dont tell him I'm doing this then I wont have the disappointment of asking him if he's noticed and then having him tell me' " Well, Chrissy I see you everyday and it's hard if you see someone all of the time to tell ." Of course this comment always burst my bubble. So I figure it'll hit him like a ton of bricks some day that I'm getting smaller.....until then a little secret wont hurt LOL!!!!!

Anyone else keeping this a secret from their significant other??? LOL!!!
Old 07-23-2001, 06:28 PM   #9  

hi everyone
slamby that's great keep up the good work we all can do it
i went today and lost 1.75 and a total of 10.25 in 5 weeks. i go back on wed. i'll tell you how i did
talk to you later
Old 07-23-2001, 06:43 PM   #10  

Smile I lost 5 lbs on JET START!!!

I started Jet Start Saturday and went in today for my first "official" weigh in. I LOST FIVE POUNDS!!! Whooo Hoooo! I was worried because I didn't "see" any difference, but I didn't "see" the weight going on either!! I'm really physched up about it now. I had been sooo worried I wouldn't be able to do it, and while I'm still worried, I also see that I've accomplished something! They put me on the purple plan, and I've been looking over it, and it seems "doable". I tried my first LA Lite, the chocolate shake...yummy!!! Everyone has said how they (the lites in general) are sooo good, but I've tasted other diet bars, etc, and figured they wouldn't be any better then they are, but they are REALLY GOOD. At least the shake was. And it really satisfied my 'need' for something sweet! It's been hard giving up my Pepsi's (I decided not to do diet soda's) but I'm surviving it. The hardest part so far was avoiding all the goodies set out for a family function. Homemade cookies, chips, etc. I just tried to avoid the kitchen! I am actually excited about going back in on Wednesday...our scales at home are different, so, we shall see!!!

starting weight 233 1-2
current weight 227
goal weight 180
Old 07-23-2001, 10:34 PM   #11  

Congrats Chrissy and Sue!! It sounds like you are getting off to a great start!

Dee, you are doing soooo awesome! Keep up the good work!!

I tell ya, I am stuck in a terrible cycle. I have been cheating everyday for a week now and am so scared to go in and weigh. I am so angry with myself. Why can't I just stay on plan? Anyway, I don't mean to bring negativity, but I am just having a hard time. I know what I need to do to lose the weight. I am having a hard time with my new job and I think I eat to make myself feel better. It is like an alcoholic or drug addict. UUGGGHH! I want so badly to lose the weight but yet I don't stay on the plan?? Makes no sense to me either.

Well congrats to all you losers!!! WEIGH TO GO!! Keep up the good work!!

Marcie
Old 07-24-2001, 09:06 AM   #12  

Default Second weigh in

Well, I went last night and they showed I had lost 2 1/2 lbs! So a total now of 3 1/2. Not too bad for less than a week, huh? (Especially since I've cheated!)

Marcie - Remember you are the main reason I even found LAWL. Keep that in mind when you are struggling with yourself.
SasseMom - YOU GO MOM!

TO ALL - You are all doing wonderful. I hope to keep up.

****A little bit of trouble: This weekend ANOTHER person (complete stranger) said, "You look like Roseanne." I am admitting this to you all because it hurts so bad. I've even dyed my hair blonde before to try to not look like her....Wonder if I could make any money????

Start 188.5
Now 185
Goal 135
Old 07-24-2001, 09:12 AM   #13  

Exclamation OOPS

I forgot to ask ya'll something.
How do you season your steaks? I usually marinate in a wonderfully salty sauce. What can I do?
How do I make it tender without the tenderizer?
I want to have one tonight, so please HELP!
Old 07-24-2001, 10:04 AM   #14  

Slamby, thanks for the encouragment..I really needed that! I am back on track today. I am sitting here eating my lite jello and watermelon. Congrats on your loss! Its a great feeling huh? I usually go to the store and see if I can find a low sodium marinade. I use one that is very low in sodium, but I can only find it at certain stores down here. I used to marinade in Dales Sauce and it has like 1070 mg of sodium YOUCH!!! Anyway...by the way I know how it feels when someone tells you that you look like somone..I've been told that I look like Wynona Judd. UUGGHH! If it helps any I think that Roseanne is a pretty lady!! But just ignore them and know that you are losing weight and gonna look great!!!

Good luck with your steak and thanks again for the encouragment!

Marcie
Old 07-24-2001, 08:56 PM   #15  
choose it to loose it:)

You know what, people can be so mean. They don't realize that others have feelings too.

I called la and told then that I wanted to put the pan on hold b/c of hubby being out of a job. I didn't think that I could afford the bars. I was feeling pretty bad about that. So I have until the end of August. I just have to keep myslef focused and not eat things that aren't on my plan Yesterday I was really depressed. I went over to my mom's house and cried my eyes out. I just hate the fear of losing my house.

Karen M
Closed Thread