Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Smile Another newbie!

I've posted just a couple of times recently when I hit a plateau and was looking for suggestions. People were very helpful but it's nice to find others in the same weight range that I am in!

My name is Marie and I've got three boys ages 14, 12 and 14 months. My high weight was 272, current weight 238 and my goal is 150. I'm 5' 9" so I'll see what I look like when I get there and decide if I want to go any further. It took me a little over 3 months to lose that first 32 pounds then I hit a plateau that lasted for the last 3 weeks which was very discouraging! However, I think I have broken past it finally. Weighed in yesterday and was down 2 pounds! Sure hope it keeps going!

I'm not doing any particular diet myself. Just trying hard to eat healthy, learn portion control and have been exercising. Right now I'm walking between 2 and 3 miles per day (depending on my mood and my baby's mood), and started doing weight training just about a month ago which has really seemed to help. I have to admit that I seem to be getting hooked on the exercise, just hope it stays that way!

Nice talking to all of you! I'm going to try to keep up with the group but of course with 3 kids there are times when I'm lucky to get anything done!

Marie
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  
Jennifer

Welcome, Marie! Sounds like you have a good plan in place; congrats on the weight you've lost to-date! Glad to hear you're off that plateau... those are the worst, aren't they?!

My starting weight was very close to yours. It's funny - I thought I'd never lose quickly enough, but now I feel like... wow, that year flew by!

Keep up the good work & I look forward to seeing more of your posts (when you get time with those three boys! )!

Jen
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome, Marie. I look forward to seeing you around. Good job on the weight loss so far. Keep up the good work.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Marie! Great job on your weight loss and sticking with it during the plateau! Looking forward to getting to know you!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Marie. It sounds like you have a great plan in place.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome Marie!

You are doing a fantastic job of losing weight and well done for sticking with it through that plateau - hopefully the weight will start shifting again now!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Marie,

Glad that plateau is over and you are on your way again. Post as often as you are able ~ wonderful group of people here.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote