Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Default I need a hoorah

I walked around the block today. Not once, not twice, but three times!

Not at the same time, unfortunatly. However, today I felt pretty energetic and I've not done ANY exersize in a long long time so I dug out my exersize pants, found my walking shoes, syked up the dog, tagged on the leash and took my little one and my fat butt out for a walk. I was only able to manage one lap but after lunch I felt more energetic so I went out again. Dinner rolled around and my sunday shows went off and at 11:00pm I STILL had energy so I took pooch out for one more turn. I think I wore her out since the moment we got home, instead of going for a toy as is her want, she collapsed on the couch.

However, this last march seemed easier than the previous two. Is that possible? To build even a liiittle tolerance in one day?

I enjoyed the evening walk most of all. I used to walk a lot at night in my late teens and early 20's. Insomnia has always been a part of my life so on nights when I felt I couldn't stand the 3am wall shadows I would set out and walk for miles. The nighttime world is so different from the day. It's strange and peaceful and utterly lovely.

Oh, if my mother only knew, she'd have had a heart attack.
I think I may start up night walking again. Except, maybe this time I'll carry a big stick with me as I go.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 AM   #2  

Congrats!!

I too used to do night walking, back when I still loved on my uni campus. Never ahd to worry about a thing, just had to remember to let the campus police know I was out walking and about when I'd be back.

Just remember to stay safe if you do night walk.
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:12 AM   #3  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Good for you! Before you know it, those little walks will have turned into longer walks, and you'll be on the way to fitness before you know it! As Lao-Tsu once said, "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step".

Kind regards, Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" I love that saying !!

Solus you certainly do need and deserve a HOORAH keep up the great work and keep us posted...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  

Good for you, Stay focused and chin up with pride. Kudos to you
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #6  

Oh, Solus, HOORAH, HOORAH, HOORAH!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Like Ilene said, it all begins with a single step.

Here is a quote from George Sheehan, M.D. that I keep by my computer to keep me going: "Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are training and some are not."

Welcome to training camp!!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote