Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 06:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking ChitChat#131

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us
Old 05-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #2  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

TGIF!

Well it is friday and DH should be home soon.. so probably wont be on for the weekend. Sounds like a lot of you are having rotten weather.. It has been sunny and hot here for a week! looks like we might get a little rain here today though... it is muggy and the bugs are fierce.. always a good sign of rain. Not much going on here.. got a few calls for Watkins stuff yesterday.. so that is good.. It has been around here for a long time and not a lot of people sell it anymore, and the toilet cleaner is the only thing that works on teh hard water stains around here... i have already sold about 10 or 12 bottles of it!! and the bug lotion... Ah well i will be back probably on sunday or monday.. Have a GREAT week-end Ladies... TTFN XXOO
Old 05-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning chickies!

Terri~I agree...TGIF! Not sure why, but it always feels good when Friday rolls around. At least this weekend except for a few hours on Sat and Monday DH has the weekend off. Hope your family has a wonderful weekend!

Not much to say...getting ready to jump in the shower and head to Target. Need to pick up some laundry detergent and a couple of chairs for the deck. Took the furniture off of it to put on the patio and it's too bare now except for a few flowers. And of course have a couple of loads of laundry to do. The great thing about the washer and dryer is I can load it and leave! Of course it will beep until it is turned off but if no one is home it doesn't matter. Love the dryer because when it goes off it will beep and after a minute it will turn on for a few seconds, beep, turn on...so the clothes don't get wrinkled. Anyway...I'll be back later.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
RosieKate

TGIF!

Yahoo- got all our permits yesterday.....we have to wait for a visit from Erosion Control, then we can start digging! DH says the permits are good for 6 months, so I just keep humming my mantra, "Done by Christmas...Done by Christmas"..Will try to keep photo progress posted.....We are slowly coming to grips withthe fact that we will probably have to dig out ourselves as we can't get a bobcat back there without tearing down some major shrubbery. I'm going to look at it as an exercise opportunity..should get some decent biceps and shoulders out of it....lol

Today is going to be 90plus degress here..bleah... we had so much rain and now the weather has turned on a dime...going to take DD to park this morning, then probably play in the kiddie pool while we wait for EC.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Old 05-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #5  
RosieKate

http://photos.yahoo.com/rosiekate37

BTW - new pix of kids here...new albums are "Trotter b&w" and "Portraits 2005"

Hope the link works

Old 05-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Katy what a positive attitude to all the hard work that is facing you....lol Shoveling is a good cardio work out plus with so much work it can also be called a weight training. Just remember to stretch before and after.

Marti, working your shift would be hard on anyones body,,,while the world is mostly asleep you are at work,,,IVe done the night shift and found it hard on my system.

Terri, we have calicum big time here,,,have to clean with lime.calicum away,,,Im so used to that now that if we go somewhere where the water is really soft I hate washing my hair cause it never feels like Ive got all the stuff out of it,,,

Cristi, I am loving my washer too....we didn't get the dryer but Monte has said we should put a few dollars aside for when we do need one we can get the matching dryer,,,the new washer is so good that I barely have to use teh drier as much,,,instead of an hour we use 40 minutes.

I have the day off but will be going to a funeral in Eckville,,which is the neighbouring town from Sylvan. My friend Colleen has now lost her dad,,,her mom was 8 yrs back. I also have to go and talk some sense into my step dad. My mom called to say shes worried about his health,,,and he won't listen to her about going to the Dr. so shes called in the heavy machinery...me. I noticed the last time I was there that he was pretty thin...
Id much raither stay home and do all the lil things that need doing but,,,this trip can't be avoided.
I never did get a call from the tv show,,,and Im cool with that,,,just one less stress in my life.
Brandon's graduation is on Wed. we are having the party June 25 in Sylvan,,,then he has his surgery on the 30th oh ya.
well I should get myself out the door,,,hate driving on the highway on a Friday...arghh the traffic

toodles
Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #7  
One day at a time

I'm back again! Finally!

Not sure what the heck happened but I posted earlier and when I hit submit the site went down and haven't been able to get back on till now! Of course I see it didn't take my post, UGH! Anyway...

Katy~thanks for sharing the pics! The are great and the kids are getting big! I especially like the family pic, very nice-you guys are a nice looking family! Are you guys excited to finally get the construction started? I know everytime we do something to the house I get excited, even if it is planting a shrub, LOL. It will be over before you know it and the end result will be well worth the trouble, just keep smilin' Can't wait to see pics of it all.

Angie~(((((HUGS))))) to your friend and her family. So hard losing a loved one. I do hope you manage to talk your step-dad into going to the doc. Men can be so stubborn sometimes. Know what ya mean about the washer...the spin cycle is GREAT! It is so good that when I take the clothes out they feel like they are dry. Needless to say...when I do a heavy load they dry in one hour as opposed to 2 or 3 like before. CONGRAT'S to Brandon next week! Boy, they grow fast don't they?

Hi to everyone else wherever you are! Hope you are having a great day!
Well, don't remember what I said in the post that I lost. I probably won't be around much this weekend. I'm sure I mentioned it...we are starting the fence, weather permitting. V will dig the holes tomorrow, Sunday set the posts and get started on the rest Monday. Hoping to have it all done, with the exception of staining it, in two weeks. Just depends on how much he has to work. We will stain it a couple of weeks after it is done and has been up. So should be a fun weekend. And of course I will be taking pics. We always do a before, during and after. I actually have a scrapbook and a photo album. The photo album will be passed on/left for the new homeowners when we move. Anyway...

Whatever everyone is doing this weekend, whether it be working around the house, traveling to a fun destination...be safe and have a fun, wonderful Memorial weekend!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #8  

Hi girls--

Sounds like it will be pretty scarce here over the weekend. I've got plans to work in my yard...trim up the edges of the yard and mow some more before it gets too long again!!

As Katy mentioned, the weather here is HOT!! And it's hard to adjust when you just had cold rain last week!

Terri--Have a great weekend. Do you have plans? Enjoy it all!

Cristi--The dryer sounds fantastic! I would love to have something to remind me that I forgot my clothes are getting wrinkled! I wasn't able to get on the site earlier either. There must have been some maintence or something going on.

Angie--I don't really mind the night shift. It's James' shift that throws me off. He doesn't have set schedule...he just works when they need him and so I try to stay awake if he's leaving around the time I'm coming home so I can see him more. Plus...this week I'm PMSing and I'm always tired then!

Katy--Love the photos! Your family is adorable! I really enjoyed the B & W photos. They are great ones to have blown up and hung up in the house! Glad you shared those w/us!!

Hello to all that haven't made it in yet!

Oh I am so glad it's friday and that I have a THREE day weekend. I get to have normal sleeping hours!! No plans but the yard....may go take Jhanai out to lunch somewhere but don't know what her and her dad have planned.

Ok...I need a shower.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend to those who will be busy!!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:46 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Karey - Neal and I are big Lost fans, too. I was really surprised that Carrie got her baby back. Now what about poor Walt??

Marti - enjoy your weekend! We're having Neal's brother in on Sunday, so I've been planning for that.

Sue - for not using food as a reward! You'd never get to goal that way! Btw, we've got fresh strawberries galore - wish I could share with you!

Cristi - did I know you're moving?? Or do you just mean eventually? Anyway, have a good one!

Angie - sounds like you are a busy lady as usual!

Katy - OMG!! I can't believe how great you look! How much have you lost now? Even with your DS standing in front of you, it's very obvious that you have lost a lot! WTG!!!!!

Terri - glad you're doing well with the Watkins products!

Well, as I told Marti, Neal's brother Paul will be here Sunday for a Memorial Day dinner, so I've been working on the plans for that. Also on Sunday, Neal begins ball practice. He and Dale are going to be playing on the church softball team. I'll be going to all the practices and games, and can't wait!

Right now, there is a heck of a storm brewing, so I'm going to post this before my power goes out!

TTFN
Old 05-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good night!

Is it hot enough for you Katy?? lol Waaaaaay hot. Sitting in my AC office not wanting to go home. Lovely pictures!! The BW is so neat, need to do that with my girls.

Eveyone sounds so busy and I know this whole subject is boring you to tears. At least it is me but I will say Gaby didn't go with her father today. He called at 10 am saying he was on the coast waiting for a check. Could he get Gaby later in the weekend?? I said I would think about it. I really needed to go because I had to figure out what to do with Gaby.

I ended up taking her to Doug's for the day.

Mike and I talked for a few minutes.He seemed ok and was open to me writing down foods Gaby might disagree with, he said he called on the car seat.
We started getting into area's that had nothing to do with Gaby and said I had to go.

The area was something.....I forget. I did say I thought it was mean how last weekend he said he didn't have to tell me anything about where Gaby was going to be.
He responded that I went to Hawaii and he didn't know where Gaby was,.,.,,,,

I said that was a different ballpark. We weren't even talking back than. There was also no order in place that we had to follow.

Just another example of him always bringing up the past.

So, anyway. I called his father. Because I knew he had been in Portland the day before. His father said that was true. He had come in town to get the girls.

So, why did he go back home? Seems strange to me. Or I am just paranoid.......

Anyway, Rocky and my mother said to let him see Gaby. So , I left a message that he could come and get Gaby if he let me know when by 10 am Saturday.

He paged me at 2 pm and I called back. Now he was saying he wasn't coming in after all......that he was going to ask for 3 rd party pick up , that he couldn't get along with me and me putting him down.

huh?? I must have missed something. lol

I was trying to be nice, I didn't have to let him see her at all once he misses his pick up time.

He went on about my mental health and I said that was enough I had to go.

He continues to belittle me and my mental state........starting to feel emotionally abused by the man.

anyway, i better go.........I have Gaby though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY. Happy Days are here again.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hi ladies and a very happy Saturday!

Taking a break for a few minutes. I know...a break from what?! Someone has to supervise the men! Didn't take long at all to dig the holes and clean up the dirt around them. Vince & Josh are out trying to find posts. Even though they are doing it tomorrow and was going to wait till tomorrow to get them, V had to go get some of the stuff and saw that they didn't have any, AAHHH!! So they are going to the different Lowes trying to track some down and I have nothing to do but wait. Well, I probably could find something to do, like laundry. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain tomorrow or Monday like they are saying on the weather. At least he (Vince) has S, M & T off if it does, has to go into work later this afternoon for a few hours. Anyway, sorry for going on about the fence...just so excited about it getting started finally. Had Josh mow the yard yesterday so the dirt wouldn't be piled up if he mowed today liek he usually does. He said he would mow if I would mow the back. Let me tell ya, it has been years since I mowed a lawn and I am so out of shape even though I have been exercising regularly. It almost killed me but I did it! Now I am thinking about doing it more often just for the exercise, man talk about a work out! It's the sides that get me because they are uphill.

Jane~yes, I do mean somewhere down the line. Have no plans of moving for at least 10 years! And who knows what will happen down the road, may just end up staying here longer. Originally our plan was to stay here 10 years and move back to the country, can't believe we have been here 1 year and 3 months already. First DH played on a team at work and it was fun to go to the practices and games so I know you will enjoy watching Neal and Dale. Have a great Sunday dinner with your BIL.

Marti~glad you get a 3-day weekend, hopefully you get some time with James too. Enjoy the outdoors and try not to get too hot.

Susan~I would have to say Mike is the one with the mental problems, of course we all know that already. Wish there was some way you could get all this down and prove all the stuff he is saying so the court would see he is unstable and a liar. I don't know why the court most of the time seem to favor the father and take their side, it's just crazy to me. Just keep your chin up, take deep breaths and smile at him. When do you guys finally have your day in court?

Hi to everyone else

Well, ladies, guess I better go start a load of laundry and get that out of the way, maybe vacuum also and while I wait for the guys get back. Supervising is a hard job but someone has to do it!

Take care ladies and have a GREAT weekend!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #12  

Morning all!

Jane--I hope you have a great visit w/BIL. I sure wish you could sent some of your strawberries!! I love them and Jhanai REALLY loves them. She would rather just eat them as is instead of shortcake.

Susan--Sounds like Mike is emotionally abusive. Likes to make himself sound like the victim. Glad you have Gaby right now!!

Cristi--The weather went from 90's yesterday to rain when I woke up! But it's suppose to clear and get up to 80's. This weather this year is just TOO crazy!

Well James has most of the day off....he'll probably work later on tonight, so we plan on doing a BBQ and just hanging around the house today. He's getting ready now so I better get my self cleaned up too. We want to take a drive (or at least I do! ) around the lake.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #13  

Good Morning!

It was a thundery day yesterday and the rain was pretty much non-stop! All I could think of was the campers out there for Memorial Day Weekend. I really wanted to work on the yard but instead....

I got to spend the entire day w/James!! We drove around town, did some shopping and then cuddled on the couch watching the movie "Duplex" . He didn't even have a day off, it was just a lucky thing that he didn't get called out.

I hope the sun decides to come out today, but I if not, there is always the house to organize.

I hope you're all having a great Sunday. I'll check in later on.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Marti what a nice day to snuggle on the couch....rainy and with your favorite guy...lol So was the movie good? Have wanted to see that one.

Katy have to say the same as Jane you have lost alot of weight and it shows...WTG!

Susan, don't take what Mike says to heart,,,its obvious to all that hes the one with the mental problems...which if he wants to keep bringing up the past can really look bad for him...his past looks pretty bad.

Cristi, I love when things start to get done....fence, and deck,,,you will be sitting in the sun in the back relaxing in no time...

Not much happening today,,,I finally cleaned my flower beds,,,pathetic thats its almost June,,,going to go buy some bedding plants and pop them in the ground...before my parents show up on Wedn for Bran's grad. Found rabbit poo in the dirt around my pernninials...arghhh
My friend Shawna is moving today and Motne offered his big truck so we have to go and give her a hand with that, plus Tanner is doing a mini football camp today,,,arghhh footb all already? geesh I still have nightmares of last season. Plus since Tanner has barely anything else to do hes wanting to audition for the young canadians...*sigh and of course the play Evita is coming so hes already set for that one...need to sit down with the boy and let him know hes killing me...lol
Anyways need to go take a claititon,,,breaking out in a major rash...love them allerigies...
toodles
Old 05-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Default ...

Good Morning!

Gaby and I are heading for church via way of Starbucks.lol

Had a good day yesterday with the girls. We watched Stepmom last night and I cried. So sad.....when Susan Sarandon said "I have their past and you will have their future"......because she was dying and Julia Roberts was going to be their stepmom........whhhhhaaaaaa........

Gaby is in good spirits, so funny and relaxed. I am happy to see her like that.

Need to work later on today and finish up my newsletter.

THANKS for being so nice. I know he is the one with problems.He is mean.......

Court trial date is July 27th.

Though we have the custody evaluation date where we give our money sometime before the 15 of June......

better get!!

Hope u all have a good day!!
Closed Thread