View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 11:34 AM   #31
Solus

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

I take a lot of pleasure out of preparing meals that taste good. It's even more pleasurable to serve these meals to others and bathe in all the compliments. My cooking is one of the few areas I really get compliments on. There are some dishes, like my salsa, which get requested at every family function I attend. I don't get many ego boosts, so I take 'em where I can get 'em.

I'm on day 12 of being completely OP and this is the FIRST time I have ever gone more than FIVE days without breaking down. I know it's because I have taken the time to prepare all but 2 of my meals (and snacks) these past 12 days, and every one of those meals have been delicious, filling, and satisfying. I realized the reason I failed before in my last attempt to lose weight was because I ate nothing but those little frozen dinners and not only was I always hungry, I was profoundly unsatisfied. I lost weight, but I was miserable. It wasn't long before I turned more and more to my "off" day. Then I would need my "off" day in the middle of the week instead of at the end. After a while I needed two "off" days a week just to get through. Eventually, everyday was an off day.

This time is different. I always feel satisfied. It takes time and effort, but in my opinion, my health is worth it.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote