Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Exercise Accountability #7 - May 23-29

Good morning gang

Slept in this morning felt good... I'll be off to the gym early this afternoon to run and work shoulders and abs...

NEXT!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #2  
Meg

Good morning, Ilene! Got in 30 minutes on the crosstrainer and a fairly decent chest workout, considering I'm stuck with a hotel workout room. They have a Cybex chest press but it just killed my shoulder when I tried it, so I managed pretty well with DBs (flat press, incline press, pec flyes). Finished off with three sets of pushups to failure with the other conference attendees gaping at me as they strolled down to breakfast.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- Doesn't it feel good to show our strength sometimes?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #4  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Are we supposed to post what we did that day???...

Well, today I spent 1 hour playing DDR ( Dance Dance Revolution ). It said I burned 100 Calories. But I think I did more since It only counted the steps I actually recorded (I tend to bounce while playing to keep time). Ok Im sure there quite a few of you wondering what the heck im talking about-- so feel free to ask!

Anyways After that I did about 20 mins on my Ab Lounge (You know the lounge chair that wobbles:P )

Actually I feel really good today. Since Its the start of everything for me Hopefully Ill keep doing it!
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:06 AM   #5  

Hi Ilene, hi Meg

yesterday I did 30 mins jog and LB workout
Today 1 hour jog

Meg, enjoy your conference !

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:01 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Good Morning Gang Welcome Luna !!

Luna -- Just post your workouts here it helps us keep accountable for our workouts!! Ok I'll bite what IS Dance Dance Revolution?? Sounds like fun !!

Today I do LEGS maybe some biking or slow running on the the weather is still awful here so I'm staying inside ....
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #7  

Hello, I'm new here. Feeling very terrible about myself, so tired, no energy to keep up with my almost 3 year old! I lost about 35 pounds on Weight Watchers in the 5 months before I conceived my son, and since I was having fertility issues, I think that the weight loss helped in the whole matter. I was about 8 pounds from my goal weight, and haven't seen wonderful numbers that "low" since that loss! I lost about 20 pounds following the birth, (my son was 9 lbs. 9 oz.) and nursing helped a lot! He was a year when I stopped nursing, and I haven't stopped struggling with the weight since!

I weigh about 206 pounds, embarrassing as it is to admit. 34 years old, 5 feet 8 inches. I KNOW I can lose the weight, I just have not found my motivation! Having a brother die of a massive heart attack almost a year ago, and being healthy for me, my husband and son should be motivation enough, but I just can't find it in me.

Exercise is so tough for me, because I have no get up and go right now. I have to force myself to do anything active. I have the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, and they are good for me. Easy enough, and I can exercise indoors, so no one has to see me, ha ha!

Anyway, I'd love to have someone hold me accountable if it'd be okay. I'd love any advice on how to get off my bum, or any other things people might have to offer.

Thanks for listening,

Dawn
Dawn Krantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #8  
Battling the Inches

Default Fun Fun!!!

YEAY!! I did some DDR again. I'll probably do more after since im still not tired. But I finished my workout routine (in only 15 mins this time!!) I think its about time I upped it a little more.

And Ilene-- DDR (I actually found a DDR thread here...somewhere) is a dancing game. You can get it either to hoook up straight to your tv or you can get it for PS2/XBOX. You can hook up floor dancing pads to it....and groove those sensless calories away! Its so much fun. Workout mode is good, because even if you suck at the game, it records every step you take (well on the special areas, so as i said before you'll probably bun more calories than they say--if you dance like me). For me its a good wake-up. I can listen to some great songs....dance... and boom Im awake! It really gets your blood flowing and your heart pounding. Its does wonders for people who are normally sluggish during the day. Plus if you get good at it, you can play the game and unlock MORE songs ^_^...which would be MORE fun.

Well, Im going to do some toning today. I got one fo those stretchy chords with the handles... Oh and my BF's friend is a trainer, and tought me some knee exercises to strenthen my knee.

--------------------Edit---------------------
So I did more exercising . Today i did some muscle toning as well. I was on the ABlounge for about 30 mins, then did some 2lb free weights arm exercises. Then I took the rubberbungeechordwannabe and did some leg/knee exercises.

I really like the ABlounge... my obleces(sp?) are raw :P

Last edited by LunaValkyrie; 05-25-2005 at 03:20 PM. Reason: DID MORE EXERCISING!!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Today I ran 6k in the wind !! By golly it was like running through water but I felt good afterwards... Didn't go to the gym though I'll go tomorrow and work something ...

Dawn -- Welcome to 3FC and the exercise thread... One way to stay accountable is to post here and just DO something, anything to start a walk around the block daily, then 2 blocks, next thing you know you'll be walking a mile!!... Baby Steps is a great moto to start off... Change SOMETHING in your eating plan, start by taking out sodas for a week and drinking water instead... having one salad/day to start, eating regularly 3 meals 2 snacks consistently, don't let yourself go hungry for too long... I eat every 3 hours, I'm worse than having a baby around ... SOOOO to keep you accountable what DID you do for your health and well being today??
Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #10  

Ilene,

Thanks for writing, and showing me support.

I am back to following my Weight Watchers plan. I started way back with the regular points system, and even though the plan has changed/broadened since then, I still like to stick to my old ways. I know it works, I just have to apply it DAILY, and stick to it! I am good at not letting myself get real hungry, and like you, I eat at least 6 times a day. That way, even if it's something small, I feel like I'm eating a lot, and I like that!

Today, I started by beginning a journal of how I'm feeling, what I'm struggling with, etc. I keep a daily food journal as well, because if I don't write it down, I'll stray from my limit of points. I already know that about myself!

I tend to emotionally eat sometimes. I was married to my first husband for 2 years, when he died in a freak accident just outside our home. He was 27, I was 22. I found him, and even after getting to the hospital and being "brought back," he didn't make it, due to lack of oxygen to the brain. Anyway, after 12 years, I still struggle with that sometimes, things I saw, etc. My mom died in 1999, then one of my brothers almost a year ago. My step mom died 3 weeks after my brother did. Tough times. The death anniversary of my brother is on June 10, and I can already feel myself tensing over that. This is when I tend to eat. Might make me feel better for a moment, but then I hate what I've allowed myself to do. I am hoping that I am dedicated enough this time around to make it through, regain some good habits, and get to where I want to be!

I've not yet exercised today. I will do that later this evening. I'm going to do Walk Away the Pounds, and make it the 1 mile this time. I've got to start slow.

Thanks again!

Dawn
Dawn Krantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Way to go Dawn , start slow but START!!! Keep up the great work !!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:26 AM   #12  

Excercise yeaterday: UBW and 3 km jog
Excercise today: 5 km jog

Have a great day
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

2 miles this morning at the high school track.

Felt REAL good!!!!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  
Battling the Inches

I have to say.. I only ate three meals yesterday.... but i had ALOT of fiber, so is tayed pretty much full throughout the day. I was pretty impressed. According to fitday, i burned 3300 Calories, but i only took in 1517...---is that the formular for weight loss?? Burning more than you eat? BTW I went to Ruby Tuesdays, ate a big, lovely meal, THEN checked the Cal count---and you know what?? IT WAS WONDERFUL-- I kinda used my Cal's like daily money... I only had 900 left, but i only spent 600 ^_^ ok im on a ramble..

So today I started with DDR to wake me up. Did my 75 cal workout. Then I did ABS. Then Ill go back to DDR and do some more cardio work (i really need it).

I hear it s better to work out in the morning oposed to at night (something with oxygen going to the muscles).
Old 05-26-2005, 11:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I got in a bike ride with DD this evening! Super cool!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote