Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #1  
No Kill No Beep Beep

Default Rate my Exercise Plan :)

Hey yall!

I have a little plan worked out finally, and i wanted your advice/support/criticsm.

Monday: 1 hour workout consisting of weight training and cardio (30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights and conditioning)

Tuesday: Pilates or yoga class at the YMCA

Wednesday: 30 minute conditioning session with weights and a fast paced walk around this lake near my house (2.10 miles)

Thursday: 30 minute run

Friday: Pilates or yoga class at the YMCA

Saturday: OFF!

Sunday: conditioning and weights, easy day

What do you guys think? I'm going to be eating about 1300 calories per day and i think this sounds reasonable. Thanks!
Honeychild171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Sounds good!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #3  
Mel

Hi there,
That looks like a good plan, but...how tall are you? Unless you are about 4'10", that's really not enough calories to sustain that amount of activity for someone your age. Again, unless you are pretty short, 105 is a very low goal weight for anyone. How did you come up with that number? If you are weight training, you are going to need some good nutrition to put a little muscle on you so you aren't "flabby skinny".

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #4  
No Kill No Beep Beep

Hey Mel,

Im 5'0 Thanks for the concern and your advice, and i hope i can ask one more question:
Will the weight training tone me up without bulking me up?
Honeychild171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #5  
Mel

You really don't have the hormones to bulk up. It's HARD to build significant muscle unless you are genetically gifted or taking banned substances If you keep your weights where you can do sets of 12-15 repetitions of an exercise before muscle or form failure, you'll end up with nice tight muscles without much bulk. Generally on women, "bulk" is fat on top of muscle. Make sure that you workout your entire body, not just your legs or waist, or wherever you think your "problem areas" are. If you are new to weight training, try to get a trainer to give you an orientation session so that you know the proper form, and what exercises to do for each body part.

Good luck! We have a Ladies Who Lift Forum here is you'd like to join us or ask questions

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote