Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 AM   #1  

Default Oatmeal

Have you noticed how full it leaves you feeling? I make 1 cup of oatmeal in the Am with a cut banana and only 1 cup of low fat milk with 2 cups of water.

The result is a large bowl of oatmeal. I try to have a largebreakfast 200 calories for the Oatmeal, 100 for the milk and 78 for the banana about 388 or less, but feels like more!

Although I know the calorie count the portion size makes me feel quilty, should I? So far this is working in my diet.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #2  

Great way to get your:
*Grains, fiber
*Fruit
*Protein (soy) *or dairy

In the morning! Keeps you full. And since you are eating breakfast, thats a plus for your diet since it jumpstarts your metabolism to help burn more calories throughout the day
Old 05-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #3  

Great, glad to hear this!!! I was worried a little since the bowl was HUGE!

I guess in this case portion does not count. LOL (size)!

Old 05-20-2005, 02:51 AM   #4  

I have almost the same berakfast as you, have been doing it since January. It's working for me!!! You are much better to have a good healthy breakfast with plenty of happy calories" than skimp at breakky and be munching all morning. I have breakfast at 7 and then due to my working hours don't get lunch til two or three, and usually find just an apple mid morning sees me through.

I love my oatmeal, or porridge as we say over this side of the pond! I have mine with a little bit of honey and blueberries, strawberries or raspberries, even in mid-winter when the berries have come from Chile!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #5  

Ya, great news, I am happy to hear this it works and keeps me so-so full plus it lowers points on the colesterol!!! Naturally!

Getting there, but I had pizza yesterday! Back on track today!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #6  

I read a recipe in a magazine for peanut butter cookie oatmeal and it is my favorite way to eat oatmeal. You use equal parts water/skim milk, oats, 1-2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter and a tiny bit of salt, and you have Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie for breakfast. I have also ate it at lunch. High in protein and vitamins. Yum.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #7  

Sorry forgot to say microwave it according to directions. I use old fashioned oats or oat bran if you want really healthy.
Closed Thread