Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Chit Chat #130

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #2  
RosieKate

G'day all...
Went w/ DD3 and her preschool class to a cool farm out in Estacada today for a little field trip to visit with farm animals. This family split up a bunch of acreage amongst family members and raise their own meat and vegetables. "Aunt Leslie" is also a folk artist and many of her creations are tucked around all the lamb pens and chicken coops... a very fun visit. Some one had a digital and took pix of me and my DD, so I will post them if they get emailed to me.

Karey - welcome! Look forward to getting to know you....a party at Bill Murray's house would have been tough to pass up.. I really liked Lost in Translation

I managed to get in the 25 minute Core video...was hoping to get out for a walk, but it is raining...again. I did get out in the backyard and weed for about 20 minutes in between rain showers. My backyard is a complete swamp. I am ready for some warm summer weather.... at least we shouldn't have to worry about a drought.

Can't make chat tonight as DS8 is participating in the variety show at his grade school. Maybe next week?

Ciao

Old 05-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #3  

Hello girls!

Thought I would start a new thread since we hit 53 post on the other one!

ok...to remember what was said:

Katy--I've attempted to quit smoking many times.....but just wasn't ready. Your mind really needs to be set to quit and when that happens...I will be smoke free. I'm not sure what is keeping me from wanting to quit, but I know that the day will come. As for my sciatica, it's not really my back that aches, it's the leg from the hip joint on down. I end up walking like I'm about 99yrs old!!

Susan--I'm sorry you're going through all that stress and emotion having to deal w/Mike. Eventually the system will have to see what he's like. He'll show a pattern and eventually they'll wake up and think "OMG...what have we done to poor Susan and Gaby?" As Katy said, we're here to support you.

Karey--WELCOME!! So glad to have you here! I'm sorry I didn't welcome you sooner! Sounds like you're doing very well w/your plan to stay OP. Fajitas can be very good for you and low fat if you make them that way. I make them a lot and burritos...they fill you up and are low fat. Congratulations to your friend on carrying girls!! Twins...how fun AND scarey is that??

Sue--I know we can both eat and be healthier. Just need to get that first step of getting motivated to make it happen. Been doing my best w/eating healthier. Really helps that James wants to eat better too. He's such a great supporter!!

Terri--I went and looked at that site...looks like fun stuff! I've never heard of it so I'm assuming it's from Canada?? You know, I had to skip through yours and Katy's post some because I watch AI, but don't get to actually watch it until the next day since I'm at work. I record the shows I want to see. So, I got off the computer than watched it...then came back. Silly isn't it?

Cristi--I don't think I've heard of any of those movies. I'm so bad when it comes to new movies coming out or had been out for awhile. Never have time! I do want to see Star Wars...but will wait until it's on video so I can watch it w/James. Hard to go to the theaters when he's on call!

Ellen--I just LOVE the little clip art! What program are you using to attach it to the posts? I need to find some and add it to mine. Make for a fun and pretty reading! Also want to change my advatar. May do that after I'm done w/my long post!

Hello to anyone I may have missed!! So sorry.

Well I have to make my dogs some food. We've been making their food instead of buying it....They seem to stay "regular" and they really like it. We got a recipe book from a healthy pet store. And James treats these dogs like royalty and he enjoys doing this....so how did I get stuck making it??? Ran out of time..but he did leave the cook book open to the page that I need to follow!

Ok gals, I will talk to you all later on. Before I go, has anyone been coming in on Wednesday mornings for chat? I usually check first thing when I get on, but never catch anyone. So was curious if I'm just late or everyones been busy.

Take Care
Old 05-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies, back again!

Going to try and make this quick as Ellen is on and can't get back tonight as it is my favorite show night and they are all the season finales so can't miss them.

Karey~that would have been so cool to go to Bill Murrays house! How fun to be planning a baby shower for twins! How fun to be having twins! My brother has 12 year-old twins and they have been a joy. I too woud want to know the sex. Didn't want to when I was pregnant with the first three, just liked the surprise of it all. But with #4-I definitely wanted to know.WTG on the 3-mile walk, getting the water down and staying on plan.

Susan~(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. I wish there was something that I could do. Want me to beat Mike up? Just know we are here for you and that what goes around comes around. This all will bite Mike in the a$$ before it's all said and done with. Of course I really don't understand the lawyer or why the heck he is even talking to Mike. Just make sure you keep all e-mails, notes, &/or phone messages if possible. And yes, definitely take a witness with you to this meeting and get anything and everything in writing!

Sue~that's what we plan on doing in about 9 years. We knew when we moved here it would be temporary. I figured by then I will be ready to possibly live on a dirt road again, maybe! WTG on the exercise also and getting back on track with your eating. Wish I could say the same. For some reason I have been craving steak-such a weird craving for me as I don't really care for it. But gave in and got one from Applebees for lunch-bad, bad, bad!

Terri~I took a gander at the site for a few mns. going to go back later and really check it out. Looks interesting and I bet you do an awesome job with it. Black interior with the orange sounds really nice. I don't think I have seen a black interior in years, which seems odd. Seems like everything is grey. hope your little angel gets to feeling better. I hate to see the little guys sick.

Ellen~hope you are having a wonderful day also!

Katy~haven't watched much of AI. I usually catch the whole beginning, a little in the middle just to see what's going on and then the last show to see who wins. While I think Carrie is pretty (and love her name of course!) and sings good I am definitely pushing for Bo to win. He is just awesome! In all ways! Haven't been into reallity shows since Paradise Island-that show ticked me off and I vowed to never watch those type of shows again.

Marti~like the idea of a 12 week to Marti's Health Program. I need to do something but not really worried about it right now, obviously. I thought you had quit smoking? Or was that someone else I am thinking of? Well, whenever you decide to quit I know you will do it. I tried to get DS#2 to quit smoking but he's not having it. Thought if he had to go outside (this is a no-smoking house) to do it he would tire of it and quit, no such luck.

Hi to everyone else

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I did make notes and it does seem like I am missing someone but kind of hard to go back to the other thread.

My eating has been horrible, not sure why except that when V was home (not that I am blaming him) for the 5 days all we did was eat out. I tried to eat healthy and didn't think I did so bad considering when I went to the doc I had lost 1/2 pound. Not that it mattered or I was watching my weight. Only reason I knew I lost that was because I was there earlier in the week and she weighed me both times and both times it was early morning before eating breakfast. The exercise hasn't been happening, not because I haven't wanted to or got lazy I did something to my left heel and couldn't use it. Hoping to get back on track with that in a couple of days. Now to stay away from the steak! Just seems like a weird craving to me. Anyway...other than that just finished Ten Big Ones by Evanovich-love those books and going to start Metro Girl before I get the next two in the series of What a Girl Wants-been dying to read those and see how they end, if she finds her good christian guy and gets her prada bag! Okay, I am outta here, missed Ellen but don't want to miss the 5:00 news.

Again, Hi to everyone else Take care ladies and enjoy what's left of the day!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Hi Marti and Katy No one had posted when I started typing...

Katy~the farm sounded like lots of fun! WTG on getting the CORE video done! I'll take some of your rain here. We got a little last night, of course after I watered the yard yesterday morning. It is 90 here today and bright and HOT! Too hot for May.

Marti~just saw what you said to Katy about the smoking and yes you are right. It's like losing weight also, when you are ready it will fall into place and happen. Just ain't happen' with me at the moment. Tow of the movies are independent films and DD is into those. Some aren't so bad but others seem to bore me for some reason. Speaking of Star Wars...they had a midnight showing here last night and you wouldn't believe the people there to see it. I think I have seen one or two of them but not really a fan of them.

Okay, ladies the news just started and I need to get off this thing. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

I don't remember what my ticker says but I weighed in at 149 this morning! YAY. Gotta love that stress.

Thanks Marti. I do appreciate all the support I get at JL. Goodness knows JL is the first place I run to to share all the injustices!!!! lol

I tossed and turned all night. I was wide awake at 2 am and couldn't sleep. Today is better though.

Gaby and I woke up at 8 am and she watched Barney while I dressed. She took a bath after I was ready for the day and before I knew it an extra potty chair ( it is just one of those kinds that is shaped liek a ring) that she plays with in the tub went around her neck and she said........"I'm stuck".....lol

Poor thing. So I yanked it off..........lol. no I didn't. With my gentle touch I took it off her - left a mark on her ear though.

We went to Freddies and ate some lunch. She seemed interested in mostly some processed cheese - gobbled some slices of that up and drank some root beer.......lol. What a good mommy I am ........*roll eyes*.

She is happy at her new sitters, I am so glad she gets to play with other little ones.

Is that farm in Estacada open to the public Katy?? Curious, sounds fun.

k- better get!!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Just a quick note to say hi! I cooked my tushie off today, and have cleaning and errands to do tomorrow. Then Saturday is THE BIG DAY, and we're attending other grads' parties on Sunday after church. So if I'm not here much this weekend, hopefully you'll understand!

Karey - my DD has twin girls who will be 3 next month. She and her DHs biggest problem after the babies were born was sleep deprivation, until they started sleeping through the night when they were about 3 months old. That was pretty good for preemies. Btw, they also have an 18 month old DD now, lol. Thank goodness for vasectomies, lol.

A big Hello to all the other JLs, and have a good weekend!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/226/145

Height: 5'4"

Cool

Thanks for the welcome all

I was in the chat room around 8:50 and then 10:00 Eastern time and I was alone. Am I figuring out the time right?

Jane ~ My poor pregnant friend will actually never get sleep. Her husband is in Iraq until at least March so although she has family support she's got some long nights ahead of her. She's so excited though, and she's already a great mother! You mentioned you have an 18 month old grandbaby. I have a 13 month old daughter. She's at such a fun age. She just started walking (everyone tells me I'm in trouble now) giving kisses, and doing a lot of talking. I love spending as much time as I can with her!

Cristi ~ I didn't want to know the sex of my daughter either. DH said girl the whole time but I was convinced she was a boy. Get this.....my crazy theory was that if I didn't know the sex I'd have something to look forward to and it would help me through the labor. Obviously the blabbering of a first time mother. I actually got lucky and had a relatively easy labor but....give me a break, I didn't once think of the sex I just wanted it out!

Marti ~ You'll have to share some Mexican recipes with me. My husband loves it and you're right, it can be healthy as long as you make it that way. I actually made them with beef but I marinated the meat in lime juice, no oil, it was so delicious, DH downed it!

RosieKate ~ Regarding the Bill Murray party, I could just see us walking in. What would we say...."Oh hi, I'm the one that directed traffic so you could shoot your movie, remember me" As cool as the invite was we would have probably been uncomfortable, you know?

I had a good day OP. I got all of my water in. Only did a 1.8 mile walk, but I know it's better than nothing. I had a delicious ceasar salad with a blackened salmon filet. So yummy and then I had some sushi for dinner. I am a sushi roll addict. Luckily the place I frequent makes a lot of rolls with brown rice so I feel better about eating it. Hope everyone had a great day. And someone has to let me know the correct time in Eastern time for the chat. I can't tell if I missed it or not.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:35 AM   #9  
PamPSM644

Good morning. Think I'll write in blue today. It's going to be alomost 100 here and so I'm very into cool colors, blue being the coolest. Love my yard when all the flowers get going and the yard is freshly mowed. I've been trying to surround my yard with high bushes and tress. and have managed to do all but one side. I guess I'm trying to make it as private as one can living in the city. No more problems as yet with that nasty neighbor. I'm keeping my eye out though . Wouldn't you know, this jerk has the worst house on the block. Run down , yard full of trash and junk, even his dogs look miserable. DS got a safty bonas and some gas cards from work. He gave me one. Yippi. It's for 100$ free gas from Arco. For me thats about 4 tanks of free gas. I'm planning on going a few places I've been putting off because of the high cost of gas. It sure is fun to go when you don't have to worry.
PAM

Last edited by PamPSM644; 05-20-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #10  
One day at a time

A very happy, good Friday morning ladies!

Karey~know what ya mean. I think we all feel that way when it comes down to it-we just want it out! My first I was in labor for 22 hours, yikes! But it was an easy labor, not hard at all, just long. With the next two, both were 5 1/2 hours and the pain with my daughter was awful! She made up for the two boys for sure pain wise. But in the end I would have done it all over again! You are doing an awesome job with your exercise and you're right-anything is better than nothing. Not sure about Chat as I never go, especially on Thursday night. It is my favorite show night with The O.C., then C.S.I. and Without A Trace. But I may try and make it sometime now since last night was the season finale. I've only made chat on Wednesday a couple of times I think. Also, forgot to mention that someone usually starts a new thread when we reach about 50 posts. Can't remember why we do that, think someones computer was slow or something.

Well, I need to get going. Went tanning this morning and to the bank and now I need to jump in the shower. Don't like to smell this vanilla tanning lotion-it sticks with you all day, ick. DD is off today and we are headed to the bookstore and to get lunch. Also, need to get some boxes at the box store and pack up my hutch till V builds a corner one. We can't find one anywhere. Of course we are still waiting on the new furniture, supposed to be here June 19th but I need to get everything out of the hutch soon to get it outta there.

Hi to everyone! I know I won't be back this weekend so I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend! Take care and see ya Monday!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Hi Pam~you snuck in on me while I was typing away. Glad to hear the jerk neighbor hasn't bothered you. Your yard sounds nice. Nothing like getting free gas!

Well, gotta go. Again, have a great weekend ladies!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #12  

Good Morning ladies--

Up early and ready for the work day to be over! I'm so ready for this weekend. It's supposed to be up in the 70's (even though I'm wondering "How?") and Jhanai is here!!!

Cristi--It was me who earlier in the year had mentioned trying to quit......ashamed that I didn't stick w/it. I went two weeks....and it's like My goodness, two weeks and I HAD to smoke one??? Makes no sense. But then again, I had quit for 4yrs before I had started up again. Cigarettes are evil little magnets! They go straight to my fingers! I enjoy independent films here and there too, could not tell you the name of any of that I've seen, usually went w/a group a friends and watched them at the Bijou. Some are good...some not so good.

Susan--That farm does sound fun doesn't it?? If I wasn't such a wimp when it comes to driving in big cities...I would visit Portland more often. But I'm so horrible when it comes to busy traffic. Get anxious! When I first started to learn how to drive back in high school...,my uncle took me for a drive and it all ended so bad that I can still hear him yelling at me!! Granted that I DID leave a scratch on his car, the size of my pinky, but the way he guided me around road and told me what to do....there was no way to avoid it. (or so I thought as a kid) Anyway......I think I'm venturing of here....went down memory lane. I think Gaby would have a blast at a petting zoo!

Jane--I am SO excited for Katie!! Take photos and make sure you get a lot w/the two of you together and the her and her dad together!! AND all three of you! Heck.....why don't I just start driving now and I should make in time to take the pictures for you! I hope you have lots of fun!! Don't worry about checking in this weekend....enjoy yourself!

Karey--I sure wish I had recipes for mexican food! But I just do with what I have around. For burritos, I buy low fat tortillas, black beans and then fill them up w/tomatoes, onions, olives, cilantro and then squeeze lime juice. And if I want meat....it's usually chicken or left over roast. Quick and easy.....and I'm full after one. (but have to admit, I sometimes eat two) That's my problem right there.....portion control and learning to stop when I'm full.

Pam--100 degrees?! WoW!! Send some of that up to Oregon!!! I need to mow my yard! I have to say, I'm pretty ashamed of how bad it's looking! W/me working nights and James working when ever...then mix that with constant rain......my lawn is a sad site!! Neighbors must think we're the laziest people around! I'm hoping it drys up this weekend....long enough to get the front yard mowed!!

Hello to all my other JL friends!!

I can tell I'm tired. I'm babbling on and on here. Didn't realize that I can write a lot too when I'm tired...usually I'm just a talker!

You all have a great Friday and just think...the weekend is almost here!!!

Take Care!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #13  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

HI a quick stop off here.... It is the long week-end here in Canada... I think you ladies in teh states have your long weekend next weekend. So i probably wont be back until Monday or tuesday.. we are going to the cottage for my grandmas 80 th birthday. Oh and i think it was you who asled Marti.. Watkins originated in the states.. the main spot is in Winona... I dont know which state that is in.Michigan or Minnesota.. an M state lol. Anyways. I hope everyone has a good week-end and i will get back when i have a minute or monday... TTFN xxoo
Old 05-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Afternoon --

*sigh* you all sound like you have such normal lives. Makes me feel like a total loon. haha

I was up at 6 am to put a load of laundry in. Cleaned the living room, put away clothes, ran back down and put clothes in dryer back up to finish cleaning Gabys room.
8am went back to bed with Gaby who laid there snoring, beautiful child.Her sister gave her a makeabear ( but this was a dog) to bring home for the weekend so she was hugging that in her sleep.

Lauren went to her grandpa's last night and lo and behold Mike called while she was there.
He said he was coming in for the weekend for Gaby and he wanted to see her. That he was going to be getting a telephone number soon but he was only giving to her, not her mother to have.

Anyway, big secret!

Though Lauren being the typical 12 year old told her mom and who in turn asked Lauren if she could tell me and Lauren didn't care. lol

So, anyway. Gaby and I woke up at 9 am and out the door at 10 am because I needed to buy her some socks. So onto hwy 26 to Old Navy. Got there and we bought socks, hoping they had rain coats but they didn't. They did have plastic dog bones and Gaby wanted that for the borrowed doggie.

Dropped off video's. Went through McDonalds and home at 10:15 am. Sat Gaby down and she ate her breakfast. Gaby spilled the orange juice on her lap. So off come her clothes and clean ones back on.

10:45 am I finally am at my wits end. Grab her overnight bag and we head outside to wait.
Mike picks her up at 11 am now. So, we aren't out there long before he pulls up. Gets out and notice he is wearing baggy black pants with a pull over sweat shirt and on the back it says his last name. His hair is all messy. He gets Gaby in the car , tells her she looks nice. Gaby chatters about her dog.
He turns and takes her bags,,,,,,,,,,I say " so, are you spending the weekend in town??"

He goes " I don't have to tell you anything. I will go through your lawyer. "

I say " fine....."

*&^%$%$##@#@#$%%^^&^&&&***&^^%%$$$###@@@$%^&^&***( ((*&&^^%%$$####$$%%^^&^^^%%$%^^&&&**&&^%%$$####@@# !!!!!!!!

lol

So, I walk inside and start getting chest pains, close to tears. I just want to know where she is going to be. He gives a message phone that isn't even in the same city as him and if he is getting a new number doesn't he have to give it to me??
Of course he moved without telling me until I asked.

I called his ex and she talked to me said to ignore it and never to show him it upsets you. She said he just wants control and thinks if he doesn't talk it will make me crazy.

I exhaled and inhaled tried to get the chest pains to ease. It took 30 minutes. I got in the car and went to Goodwill breathing in and out - trying to calm down. Found a cute blue shirt..........so that helped - lol.

Was feeling better so went to Freddies and got some coffee and a new tooth brush. lol

Came to work ..............still feel like crying.

Boss went out to buy cake for the residents- we are celebrating birthdays today!

Will try and focus on the other girls - maybe go to Michaels and get a craft thing to do???

Welcome Karey! Where is Ellen?? I am a really good driver now Marti. My ex never let me drive while married.Terrified the first time I got on a hwy, couldn't merge - lol......now I am super!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-20-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #15  

Just a quick hello!!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. Waiting for James to get up so I can make noise and take a shower!

Not sure what Jhanai & I have planned for the day but we'll have fun together.

Ok...best get.

Take care!
Closed Thread