Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 03:45 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default former chub clubbers #14

fyi-former rosie odonnel chub clubbers. Move more, eat less!!!!

How are you all? I am so happy, we are all posting again. I was doing so well, but then life got in the way again. I really need to go grocery shopping. Healthy quick foods are needed. It has been so muggy. I don't do humid! I can walk out side up until 100 degrees but anything over 25 % humid, forget it!

I am helping a friend mend a broken heart. Dating sucks. I am glad not to be single! My children have returned! So much to do! I need to do my bike today. I haven't walked in days! I have a walking date Thrus. I better excersice before then! ~audri
Old 07-09-2001, 11:31 PM   #2  

Flower, I hate the humidity also. Sounds like you are doing good. Are you happy to have the boys home?

Mailwhale, I'm glad things are better with your hubby. It's great if you can keep the communication open but sometimes that is hard to do.

Karefree, sounds like some nice "me" time you are planning. Don't worry about your son, I think it's just his age. We had some bad times when my daughter was that age but it didn't last long.

I know Dolphingirl is probably enjoying her vacation, wish I was with her.

Things have been going good around here. Had a nice time in NH over the weekend. Been doing pretty good on the eat less and move more.
Old 07-11-2001, 02:41 PM   #3  

Default Hi, ya'll . From a happy gal on hiatus!!!

I am enjoying my time "away". I am actually not that far away right now but they don't know that.

I left on Sunday morning and went to visit a friend who I have known almost all my life and had a great time catching up with her and her family. I felt like a 12 year old kid on the first day of summer vacation when I was waiting on her to come and lead me to her new house. Had a wonderful time.

I am now at the home of a friend here in my town and getting to know the newest member of her family. She has a new puppy. A real rescue named Dexter. He has a lot to be grateful for. Someone was VERY mean to him but he has found a great new family.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks, Sandy. I hope it is just a stage with Jesse. Are you spending much time at your vacation house this year? How is the newest 4 legged family member of yours doing?

MW, hope all is still going smooth for you and your family. Let us all hear from you.

Audri, I think we just reached 90 recently here. That is a real mild summer for us. I would be if I had to cope with your tempertures!

Hope Dolphin is having a great vacation. Let us hear all about it, okay?

TTYL,
Karen
Old 07-12-2001, 11:33 AM   #4  

Hello ~

I've been up in the mountains for a few days. NO, it was not me who left a campfire unattended. So sad that someone could be so careless...and now 4 firefighters are dead. So sad.

I'll be at the inlaws this weekend... so no plans to "diet" yet and the summer is wizzing by

I hope I pull it together soon! Take care pals!
Old 07-12-2001, 06:17 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

I am just not in a dieting mood. Probably being on my period has a lot to do w/ it. Incredibly hot weather probably has more to do w/ it. I walked very slowly this morning and I played in the pool later on. I am hiding indoors till this evening. We are gonna go see a baseball game w/ the kids. I will splurge on a hot dog or nachos. Maybe I will sign up for an aqua class this weekend. That was fun last summer. Gotta find out when and where. Chris's schedule is never the same. Hard to plan things. ~aud
Old 07-15-2001, 10:35 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

I chopped off my hair. 24" off the top and 18 off the back. Major change! Got blond highlights too! Wow! ~audri
Old 07-16-2001, 01:02 PM   #7  

Sounds cute Audri! I need a trim...feel like a perm too even though this straight stuff is in....Mine is just soooooo straight!

No, I'm not in much of a dieting mode either....hmmm, not even inspired by a Monday. But I don't feel like being a pig either. Perhaps just a little sensible eating/ water drinking and occasional exercise is all I can hope for now, and would probably be a good start! Have a great week!
Old 07-19-2001, 11:43 AM   #8  

Default Hey gals!

Audri, your hair sounds adorable. I got 9 inches taken off of mine a couple of weeks ago. It is still sholder length though so the change wasn't that big. I wish I had your bravery!

MW, isn't it funny how we always want what we don't have. I have just recently (other than a couple of curly perms) stopped fighting the curls. I spent most of my life blow drying the curl out of my hair! How I envy your striaght locks!!

Where is everyone else? How was the vacation Dolphin?

And Sandy? What's happening with you? Are you enjoying the new pup? (I guess it's not really new still but....)

I am trying....Sorta'. I'm watching what I eat....Sorta'. I am having an occasional glass of wine. I know that is not good for the metabolism but when I am on my last nerve it helps. Eating lots of salads and CRAVING honey mustard dressing. I have not been able to find a fatfree brand though....The one I have is light but we all know that is not REALLY low calorie or fat.

I'll check in soon. TTYL,

karefree
Old 07-19-2001, 01:20 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

Default what a relief!

I purchased a 2 year plan at MSN on monday. I can't handle counting hours ect. Besides if we signed up at Chris's work we got a 200 $ shopping spree. (best buy) I got a scanner and chris got a DVD player and some DVDs. And we got a rebate coming. So it is good. Anyways, it took 4 days to get this thing up and running. We set up a temp account because I was about to throw a major fit. Being polite and patient gets you no where! So, if you want photos of me, private message me your email and I will try to send you something! Mom took pics of my hair last week, hopefully I will have them soon. ~audri
Old 07-19-2001, 07:30 PM   #10  

Hello ladies,
No too much going on around here. Sometimes that is a good thing.

Audri, must be hard getting used to your new hair cut. I got mine cut today also but I have short hair to start with & it's straight so I don't have to worry about those curls like karefree.

My puppy is finally starting to calm down. About time, she's 17 months now. I'm starting to like her more. We have never had a dog like her before & hopefully never do again. She weighs 80 pounds now. She still drives the cat crazy, won't leave him alone.

We go to our house in NH just about every weekend. Really enjoy it there, it's good for the dog also, she runs the whole time we are there & sleeps all day Monday. My hubby has been working a lot of hours lately so weekends are about the only time we get a chance to be together.

I'm still exercising but not as much as I should. The food hasn't been too bad lately, I'm still drinking my water so that's a good thing.

Take care everyone.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:47 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

I walked 2 days in row at the park. I feel good! I hope I can keep it up! I hope you all are having better relationship issues these days. Chris and I are doing so much better than last year. Fatherhood has done him good. ~audri
Old 07-21-2001, 08:19 PM   #12  

Hi ladies!

Well, Well, Well, do I have anything to say? lol, I'm not losing weight but did jog yesterday...may try to go tomorrow and start a more cosistent schedule there...food? I du-no.

Relationship? I spent most of today cleaning the garage...the tool bench area that has never been organized in the year we've been here cause I was leaving it as mans work....the man was inside watching baseball! Of course he is on call the poor baby...he needs to keep himself rested in case an emergeny comes in I guess.
Old 07-22-2001, 12:58 AM   #13  
you can call me flower

Mailwhale-I hear your sarcasome! (sp?) Cute! I completely understand. Have you ever wondered why guys can find the energy to help a buddy out but at home they are tired or sick or something to help out at home? Men! ~audri
Old 07-23-2001, 11:59 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies. Well, I'm home from vacation & back in the routine. I got up this AM & exercised & now I'm ready for my day. Exercising on vacation was more fun though. We walked, hiked, swam, snorkled, did a great water aerobics class & basically just kept moving. It was so fun. I got home with the scales saying just what they said when I left so I am very pleased. Now I need to get them on the downward plunge again.

I hope you are all moving & grooving so you can smile with the results.

Have a great day. Enjoy yourself & be sure to drink your water, move your body & watch the things you put in your mouth. I still believe we can all reach our goals. But it does take ALOT of effort. Keep trying!!
Old 07-23-2001, 02:26 PM   #15  

Default A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! to Dolphin!

Maintaining on vacation is a miracle although it does sound like you were having fun with the exercise. A few more calories aren't too bad when you are burning them like you were. The water activies sound wonderful!

Audri, you know my email and I would love to see your new hair. I am sure it is adorable. It has also been a while since I saw the baby and I don't think I have ever seen the other two. So send those pics my way. It sounds like you got a good deal on the ISP and I envy you the scanner.

MW, I HAD to laugh at your post. I know just how you feel. It amazes me the way they think! I have often told Paul that if he goes before me I am having the words from Annie's Tomorrow engraved on his head stone. "Tomorrow. Tomorrow. I love ya', Tomorrow! You're ALWAYS a day away!" He is a bit of a procrastinator. Of course, that means that I don't have to worry about what he puts on my head stone if I go first....It will never get done. He will always be going to do it "tomorrow"!!

The salads are a mainstay of my diet lately. Still craving the honey mustard but I finally found some that was fatfree. Unfortunately I got a hunk of blue cheese on sale and that has also been going into it. Just a little but still.....I sliced up 3 cukes this am and also sliced a vidalia onion. Made the vinegar/sugar/ oil (light on the oil) and have them soaking for tonight.

Exercise? What is that?

Sandy! 80 pounds is certainly no puppy or, if it is, I would hate to have to feed her at full growth! LOL! It is cute that she takes Monday to recuperate from her weekends. Sounds like you are doing great. I am glad to hear it. Keep up the good work. Are you still going to the site you mentioned that Taz created? Tell her 'hi' if you do.

TTYL,
Karen
Closed Thread