Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #1  
1 carton a week!

Exclamation I just can't stop eating!

so I've been eating all day long and I can't stop! granted its all been healthy food and nothing refined or full of sugar, but still! I've reached my cal max (1450) but Im still hungry and I don't know what to do! I've been drowning myself in water, tea, and diet pepsi but I still want food and I'm not sure what!
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you have been exercising a lot, or eating at around 1450 calories for a while...maybe you actually need some more food today and your body is telling you. If you decide to up your calorie intake for the day to a reasonable level-say 1600 or 1700 and make sure that it is healthy food-I think you will be fine.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #3  
1 carton a week!

yeah yesterday and today I worked out more than usual ... thanks I really don't want to feel bad about how much I'm eating
Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've had days like that. You have to figure out if anything's different about today. Today's been a very stressing situation here, so I gave in and had pizza...lots and lots of pizza. I'm pregnant anyway, so why not. I wasn't even going to try to night and realized it up front. Course I've been so upset all day that I didn't eat much of anything beforehand, so my calories have come mostly from the pizza in any event. But it's the situation that made me want the pizza. I didn't want to cook, nor go out, and I didn't want any microwaveable low cal dinners. I wanted to binge my troubles away for just a night.

If it's not a situation, then it's your body telling you something, and you probably need to eat. Just keep eating healthy. Try sticking with the lowest cal stuff you can find if you're worried about calories.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #5  
1 carton a week!

yeah I've also had a stressful, depressing day ... I think I do just want to eat because I think that then I'll get happy but nope .. so I'm going to the gym and calling it a day at 1850 cals .. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to do better tomorrow ... and try to work some of it off at the gym ...
thank god I have no evil food around ... hehe all low cal healthy stuff, otherwise who knows what I may have gotten into hehe
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #6  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I go through this sometimes too. It's worst at night time, between dinner and bedtime. I have to feel 'full' in order to go to sleep sometimes, but I don't want to eat too close to bedtime. Some nights I just say to heck with it, eat something that I know will fill me up, and work out that much harder the next morning. If you go too long fighting the urge to eat, you will end up eating way more!

I hope it was a one day thing and passed quickly!
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:38 AM   #7  
1 carton a week!

went to the gym and felt much better hehe even going tomorrow morning instead of afternoon so I can start the day off right
and it's good to know I'm not alone, thanks guys
Old 05-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

One thing I remind myself of if I go over my calories: you don't have to lose weight EVERY DAY. Some days, just learn to be happy with maintaining, or knowing that tomorrow you won't overdo it.

Look at how well you've done! Wow. One day is not going to undo 54 pounds lost!
suechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #9  

If you are well into your program, and ESPECIALLY if you are exercising a significant amount, real persistent physical hunger is something to pay attention to. No, that doesn't give you license to eat junk or eat 1000 extra calories. But, as aphil said, your body may genuinely need the food.

When I am in an intense workout cycle, I add a modest protein shake to my day, and it REALLY helps. I either use one of the AdvantEdge "carb control" shakes that's about 100 calories, or a plain protein powder that's about 100 cal per scoop along with one of my milk exchanges and some flavoring and splenda. Gulp one of these after your workout and you'll be amazed at the difference it makes. You may still feel a little hunger, but it'll take the edge off. And, your body can use the extra protein after your workout anyway.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #10  
1 carton a week!

thanks, I do notice that when I have protein after working out, I don't really think about food ... looks like I'll be having a tuna sandwich after my swim ...
I think I have been exercising more lately just because I've been stressed and thats better than eating the stress away haha, but now I've been hungrier so maybe my body is trying to tell me something ... thanks for the help everyone
Old 05-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #11  
1 carton a week!

crap! so I did it again today! I just can't stop myself from eating, and unfortunately I wasn't so lucky as last time ... I live at a University and ate in the dining halls for dinner and couldn't stay away from the sweets! then I proceeded to come to my room and eat cereal! ahhh! im up to 2200 for the day and I still feel like I'm starving! I really just don't know what to do and feel just like stuffing my face!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You feel like you're starving probably because your mind is telling you you are and you're eating a lot of the wrong types of foods that only make you hungrier. There've been days I opted for a donut for breakfast rather than eggs, ham, and wheat toast or something similar. On those days, I felt hungry all day. It was the donut. It triggers something. If you can eat the right kind of foods and opt only for a taste of the sweets you might find your hunger decreasing.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #13  
1 carton a week!

darn that evil sugar I'm going to try to give up sweets, at least maybe go through a detox of cookies, cake, and pie hehe but I'm going to allow myself those woderful chip's ahoy and oreo 100 cal packs hehe let's hope this works .. one day at a time I just have to keep telling myself