Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:23 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 5/16 - 5/22

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=846791#post846791

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #2  

Good Morning! My DSL was down, and just now came back up. I hope my lateness in starting the new board was not an inconvenience for anyone!

The weather is very cool here...and sunny. Just gorgeous! I am going to do a little planting and weeding in the garden. I had to hunt down my daughter...she crashed at a friends house last night and never bothered to call or let anyone know. I finally called her Blockbusters and talked to the girl she worked with last night to find her. She will probably be mad at me, but oh well! You don't want to know the awful things that went through my mind before I knew for sure she was ok....

I will be back later! Its a new week, so lets make it a great one!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #3  

Cool Woooohoooo!

Our countdown till the end of the school year is in the single digits!
And ...I am only working four days this week! YYYEEEAAA!!
My daughter has dress rehearsal on Fiday afternoon, so I scheduled my yearly checkup for that morning and I'm taking a sick day. I did not want to sit all day at work and then sit all evening in the high school auditorium. My appointment is at 9am. So I got a sub and hopefully I can get some things done around the house before we have to leave.
I am really looking forward to this summer. Maybe I will have time to get in a lot more exercise than I have recently and I can come back to school a new, smaller person
Hope all of you have a great week!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  

Good morning all. Just popping in to finally post. I've been hiding and lurking. Oh doesn't that sound so bad!!! I've started out the day with a breakfast bar. Legal one. It wasn't the best of breakfast but suited me today. Maybe tomorrow I can get back on the eggs. I went clothes shopping Friday morning. I was trying on shirts and finally looked at myself in a full length mirror. And oh my gosh, I didn't realize how bad I looked. Hopefully it gave me the push I needed to climb back in the wagon. So Bob please send it around. Did ya all have a good week end? Guess I'll check back later.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #5  

Good Morning. I am tired this morning. I made a Blues Clues cake for my nephew last night (his birthday is tomorrow). I was up until about midnight, and then got up at 6 a.m. this morning. It turned out alright; there are a few things I'd change, but nothing a 4-year old will notice.

I hope to get to bed early tonight since tomorrow will be a busy day. I have to take Britt to school, and then take the cake and present over to my nephew, and then take Lane to swim lessons. We will then come home for a few hours, and then have to pick up Britt from school. I am then dropping Britt and Lane off at DH's office so I can go do a survery for a company. They are a research company that I do stuff for on occasion. This is a two-hour deal and I get paid $100 for it. DH is going to take the girls to Peter Piper Pizza for dinner and games; they are doing to have fun. My research topic for study group....diarrhea. Hey, what the heck.....I just had a fresh bout of it with the antibiotics, so I'll get paid $100 to talk about it. It's only women in the group.

I did not go to the gym on Saturday. I wanted to get this yeast infection under control...I think I am almost there. I do plan to go today, as well as W & F, if all goes as planned. I will miss Saturday this week as well, as we are having a garage sale. I was at 121.5# this morning, so I need to get back into it. I really like to stay right around 120#. I also feel so much better when I get my exercise in.

Britt is in her final stretch with school; she gets out next Friday (27th). They have a half day that day, so I will plan something fun for when we pick her up...start the summer off on a fun note.

I went to register the girls for some classes at the community center. Lane will take a class called "Look What I Can Do." This is a class that has age-appropriate crafts, games, story time, dress-up, etc..Britt will take an Art Class and a Pom/Cheer class. They will both take Tumbling classes. They will stay plenty busy this summer with those, Mom's Club outings and Swim Lessons.

We may be going to Branson this summer for our summer vacation. We are in the talking/near planning stages of that.

Anyhow, that is the scoop here.

BOB: Love the new Avatar; what took you so long to put that precious face on there, anyway? I usually buy extra bananas and cut them up and freeze them. You can then throw a few chunks into your smoothies and get the ice and smoothness. The shower cake sounds fantastic! Was the wedding this past Saturday or next Saturday?

Monet: You can only do your best. We know you will always be here for us....better late then never, eh? I can totally understand your worry; your DD should've called you.

Thin: I hope you enjoy your summer and meet the exercise goals you set for yourself. I am going to get up on Mon & Wed at 4 a.m. to go to the gym before DH goes to work. I will then take both girls with me on Friday afternoons (my 7-yr old doesn't like to go to the childcare) and then out to lunch or somewhere fun. I will then go Saturday mornings early. That way I can get 4 days in during the summer.

I better go check the laundry.

Have a great OP day!!
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 05-16-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:07 PM   #6  

Good morning....

I had a great start this morning with Jess sleeping later than usual. She was usually up at 7 to 7.30 am but today about 8.30am which was definitely a treat although I was up much earlier. I am in such silly mood today and I am not sure why but I love it when I feel so upbeat. I did manage to make a hearty breakfast and also made and assembled my sausage and eggs breakfast casserole for tomorrow. I love to make the breakfast casserole once in a while and it will take care of my (and my family) breakfasat for whole week although I don't always eat it everyday. I also did some ironing and also did a load of laundry. Not bad for me since it is not even 12pm yet...lol.

The weekend was great. I took Jess to a fair my county organized and it was called, "Taste Of Fayette" and we had such great time. Jess get to ride in few rides and even played in one of those blow-up stuff for kids. We also tried a few foods from different vendors (restaurants) and also got free ballons and snow cones. Dh get to take a peaceful nap while Jess and I visited the fair ourselves. It was a good day.

My menu :

Breakfast : 2 leftover medium pancakes with scrambled eggs (mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes).

Snack : Too full so didn't have any.

Lunch : Not sure....but will be something simple.

Snack : Yogurt and mixed fruits.

Dinner : Grilled ribeye steak with salad, baked beans and a starch. (Dh is off so that's why my dinner menu is much better today

Some replies :

MONET : Thank you for setting up the board. No...no inconveniece at all, just grateful that you are taking care of this board Sorry Laura gave you a scare. As a mother, I can imagine your fear so don't blame you for calling her friends to hunt her down. I would too

THIN : I can't wait for the summer holiday either. We have some visitors coming and I am also hoping to do spend a lot of time with my daughter before the baby comes. Have a great week ahead.

TONI : Hello there, I have missed you. I haven't been here a lot like I wanted to but I always try to read all the posts and sure missed your posts. Hey, we are all here for you and every little steps you take will be worthwhile. And so you know, I haven't been all perfect myself but I know I could have done much much worst without SB

Got to go check on Jess and dh. Wonder what they are up to...outside

Julia
Old 05-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning ladies.

Whew! I have to come to work to get some rest. It was a busy weekend. Graduation was nice. Now I feel like my job is done. Both girls out of college and one with her masters. Now if I could get my youngest married, I really would be done.

Graduation party yesterday. End of discussion. :sad:

Really busy here with this presentation tomorrow night. No one is doing their part so that means tomorrow will be nuts.

Monet, just that you start the boards is wonderful, so if you are late, it's no biggy. Don't you just kids. They can be so inconsiderate at times. I'm sure she will think you are silly, but that's what moms do.

Toni, Funny what gives us the final push to do something. But until we find it, we waiver. Hope it helps you stay on track. Maybe I need to go look in the mirror too. Glad you are back on here.

Thin, glad your school is almost over. Teachers are so underrated, I don't see how you all do it all year.

Nat, you do shuch a good job of keeping the girls doing fun things all summer. They will be learning and having fun at the same time. I loved your topic for your survey. Ought to be interesting.

Ken, glad you are feeling so good today.I bete Jess had a great time at the fair. Did they have animals there too?

Bob, Tippy looks so cute. Thanks for the recipes.

BF; cereal bar. coffee
Lunch, salad with a dab of ham and cheese, orange
Dinner: probably BLT. Got to run out early.

Got to run, hope to check back tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #8  
Going to Meet My Goal!

good wonderful monday morning ladies i have been bad bad bad this last week...only got 3 dys in of exercise and wasnt eating the best...yet somehow i made it down to 182.5 for the last 2 days lol but im not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth lol....i need to hit the grocery store this morning and do a bit of cleaning and then i dont know what ill do after that....but with all the cleaning i have to do im sure it will take more of the day rofl..

Monet: i understand about the worry...when i was living with my mom (after i turned 18) her only rule was that she didnt care where i went or what i did, i didnt even have to call....but i DID have to be home before she woke up in the morning......and that seemed to work out for both of us....dont worry about ur daughter...she'll understand when she has kids

Thin: WOO HOO im right there with ya cheering the end of school hon hope u have a great vaction and treat urself to some pampering

Pancho: see there was a reason for ur diareha lol now ur more able to talk about it for ur survey

Keng: are you getting that whole "cleaning the nest thing" cause if you are...you can come help me with mine lol
Old 05-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

I feel like I had no weekend at all! I didn't get any laundry done, didn't get anything done around the house...I'll be glad when this wedding is over and I can get back to being normal! The wedding is this Saturday, so Friday night is the Grooms dinner, then Saturday, I've got to be at the wedding/reception site pretty much all day. Then the wedding is at 7p.m. We're all staying at the hotel where the reception is so we don't have to drive after drinking. Another weekend shot all to ****! Hopefully, I can get some laundry done during the week....BUT, my Nephew and his Wife are on a cruise so i've got to go over and feed their cats and do liter box duty! How do I get myself into these things!

I've got a meatloaf in the oven for supper, got to take Tippy to the Vet for her shots...AND FEED THE CATS!!! Got to get all this done before the Bachelor comes on tonight...SEASON FINALE!!!

NAT...isn't my Tippy a cutie? Sounds like you're as busy as me! Are you feeling better? Never been to Branson, but I hear it's a fun place!

JACKIE...another chapter closed...Is your Daughter going for her Masters as well? I know your other Daughter has hers...Sorry to hear that no one is helping you with the presentation...fingers crossed it goes well!

Alison...where is it that you go to school? Must have been the weekend all around to not eat well...Are you done with all your tests?

JULIA...I make that casserole every now and then...I just love it..do you put cheese in yours? How are you feeling?

TONI...I think we're going to have to hire a driver for the wagon ...we're all going to be sitting in the dang thing before it's all saidand done!

THIN...sounds like a busy Friday for you...hope it all goes smooth!

MONET...OH OH...sounds like someone is in trouble!!!

I better check my meatloaf....I'll be back later!

BOB
Old 05-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #10  

The weather is sure beautiful today. We were out walking a little bit. Other than that, nothing much happened

Some replies :

PANCHO : Wow, what a great baker you must be. I agree your 4 year old nephew will not notice any imperfection. I am sure he is just so happy that he has a Blue Clues cake that auntie makes him Tomorrow is indeed a busy day for you so get a good night sleep tonight. I have to visit my local YMCA to see what activities they have that Jess and I can join without costing us an arm or leg. Few plans in mind so far is to visit the library, visit some pick-yourself fruits farm, get together with some friends and do things together and visit the park and maybe have a picnic or two. I am ready for the summer holiday now

JACK : Congrats on your dd's graduation. Did you ever think that this day would come? Right now, I cannot imagine Jess being a teenager let alone a college graduation...lol. When she was first, I told myself that it would be a longgggg time before having to worry about school for her but before I know it, she is already in preschool. I bet it was an emotional day for you We had a great time at the food fair and no, they didn't have any live animals at all but would be nice though

SEBRAY : My house is still in a mess....despite the little cleaning effort I put in here and there. Sigh....how can 3 persons make so much mess...lol. Sorry, can't help you with your mess while mine still unattended to...lol. Okay, climb on the wagon...I am sitting next to you

BOB : Don't worry, the housework will still be there when the wedding is done. No worries...lol. I love hearty breakfast casserole and I got my recipe on Jimmy Dean's website. Love it!!! I put lots and lots of sharp cheddar cheese on it, not the healthiest but so yummyyyy!!! What do you have in yours?

Got to go...Jess is calling for me to give her a bath.

Julia
Old 05-16-2005, 05:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys..no time to post. Just a drive-by
Old 05-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #12  

Woo Hoo I'm going to make it through the day! I've eaten so well today. Just finished a dinner of center cut pork chop, spinach and two helpings of salad. Will have a slice of cantaloupe in a bit. Oh boy I'm praying I can make it through another day.....

Heartmom- somedays are like that. A great big Howdy to you..

Bob- Wow you are so busy. Hope you get some rest this week but sure doesn't sound like you're going to. Wish I could do your laundry for ya...

sebray- Sounds like you didn't do to bad. Aren't you glad we now have a new week...

Jack-K- Glad to see you survived the graduations. Your kids must be doing wonderful!

Julia- How are you feeling? The fair sounds fun and a good Mother and daughter time. I think I need to make a casserole like that.

Time for me to run......
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #13  
Going to Meet My Goal!

well the day is almost over....we FINALLY were able to mow our lawn....that took almost 2 hours lol...had cheeseburgers for dinner on ww rolls....man they were yummy

BOB: yup ive been done with school since the first week of may....got all my grades in...4 A's, 2 B's and a C+ in math

Keng: you may have to drive that wagon straight into my living room lol...although it felt really good to get out and work in the yard...so maybe ill be motivated to workout tomorrow

Heart: {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Toni: i thank god for all the new weeks otherwise id be too depressed to keep it up lol

well hope u ladies have a great evening
Old 05-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening.

Howdy ya'll! I think I have it all backwards....the scales are up 3 more pounds *smile* We had some wonderful goodies from the garden this evening...radishes, a tomato, squash, zucchini and a banana pepper. These all came from Mama's garden. Mine isn't that far along yet. I did get some cayanne peppers already but they aren't hot. I'm still at mama's but wanted to send big giant hugs......(((((((((((((hugsssssssssss))))))))))))) )

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #15  

I hesitate to post. I drank a glass of white wine, then two rather full glasses of port. The short of it is that I am rather schnockered. I know I will sleep like a baby tonight! The port was excellent...Taylor Fladgate Tawny ten year barrel aged port. Oh my, but it was wonderful port!

I got my poblano peppers into the garden finally! I spent over an hour weeding too. All I am pulling out are volunteer tomatoes and amaranth plants coming up from last years seeds. They are taking over the garden! I have at least another two hours worth of weeding to make it look presentable.

I made a stuffed sole tonight. It turned out very good. Next time, I will make some changes to the recipe. I want to try it with triscuits to make it totally legal. I used ww ritz, which are not. The new Asian market, Super H mart, has wonderfully fresh fish, very cheap. I paid $3.99 for the sole, and got Tilapia for $2.99 a pound as well. My plan is to shop there once a week and get fish to have for at least two meals a week. I just can't afford NOT to!

I am going to crawl in bed soon...so I wish you all good night, and sweet dreams!

Closed Thread