Old 05-13-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default Question

Hi! I am thinking of joining LAWL. I have lost 75 pds and I want to lose 20-30 more. I havn't lost any weight in a year. I am doing WW. Does LAWL cut out sugar? Can you tell me somehting about the plan? Thanks! Lynn
ThinLynNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #2  

Hi Lynn (that's my DS's name, too!)

Wow -it's great that you have lost 75 pounds! That's a medium sized person!

The basic LAWL plan is an exchanged based program with protein, starches, fruits, veg, dairy and a fat daily -- the number and size of the portions depend on how much weight you have to lose, and how much exercise you do on a regular basis. There is sugar in the daily 'lite' allotment - the lites are either energy bars (like Luna bars) or shakes. In the weight loss phase you have two a day. The price of the lites are NOT included in the weight loss weeks, and they average between 20$/week (at bulk rate) or 28$/week at regular price. You DO NOT have to do the lites - they will move you to a higher food plan - but this is one way they make money - so they will try to convince you to go that route.

It can be pricey. The cost is all up front, and includes your weight loss weeks (average a 2lbs/week) 6 weeks of stabilzation, and 52 weeks of maintainence. The price varies from center to center - I paid 7$/week for all my weeks. Sometimes there are specials for weeks as low as 3$. There is an option to get a rebate of your money - but you have to buy the lites, and you have to follow all the rules--including going to the center 3x a week to get weighed in.

There are also various LAWL supplements that are not required, but they do try to sell you.

I figured that the cost was comparable to WW - since WW has maintanence free, but I was paying for them in LAWL.

The diet does work, if you do it! (I've lost almost 40 pounds, and still have about 40 to go) But - to warn you - there is no concept like extra points to use over the week, or saving a food for one day to eat the next, or events that we consider as Life Happens (like birthdays, weddings, etc. . )

Hope this helps! Ask if you have more questions.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Lynn,

I've done both WW and LAWL. I have been very successful with WW-lost 80 lbs with 20 more to go-3 years ago-and have gained it all back (all my own fault).

Why am I on LAWL? Honestly-I needed the accountability. I needed to HAVE to check in with someone on a regular interval(LAWL you check in 3 days a week). The WW meetings don't work for me-I had lost the 80 lbs (totatally on my own), taking advantage of the WW Online tools.

I have found with LAWL that since I have chosen my own personal counselor-I have been doing a lot better. Normally you take any counselor that is available next in line...but I decided that was not working for me, so chose a particular one to see each time I go in. It means I may have to wait a bit longer-but it is worth it to me.

So.....getting to the point....LAWL might be good for you because your choices are narrowed down and the balances of food are a bit different than WW-it might be enough to shock your body into losing again.

But I still defend WW as the best around-the program itself-not the meetings.
skandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  

I will add to my previous statement - the good thing about LAWL is the daily food diet - I eat good food, and I'm not tempted (too much) to save points for junk. When I'm hungry, I know from my available portions what I can eat. If you are looking for something more sructured, it is a good plan.

julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:46 AM   #5  

Thank y'all so much! I have been lurking and I have some more questions. Ok I am allergic to soy...so from what I have read I would be put on the red plan...do you have to exercise alot on the red plan...and where would you go from there if you weren't losing?Thanks Lynn
ThinLynNow is offline   Reply With Quote