View Poll Results: How old were you when you had your first (proper) boyfriend?
Under 10 years old 0 0%
11 to 14 years old 6 33.33%
15/16 years old 5 27.78%
17/18 years old 4 22.22%
Over 19 years old 2 11.11%
I prefer girls thank you very much 0 0%
I'm still waiting... 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 06:09 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Smile Friday Friday Friday Friday Friday

It's FRIDAY!! hooray! and i'm having a party tonight - yippee! i've hired a bar in soho, do come if you can...

so. love. it's a bugger innit? (sorry, i hate the word "innit", very london). i think that if someone takes a long time to tell you that they love you it means one of two things. bad thing: they don't love you. or good thing: when they do say it they will really mean it. belle - i hope it all works out. it sounds more like he's not the type to say it lightly. i know my BF felt he had said it too quick to exGFs in the past and so knew that this time he wouldn't say it until he really meant it. it was very infuriating for a while!! i reckon you could make things pretty clear to your bloke where you stand. basically you know you feel a lot for him and you are prepared to move to vancouver too, if he wants you to. although long distance can work out, it is certainly easier when you are together. i have done long distance before (twice and neither have worked out) and i don't plan on ever doing it again.
ok. if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime somewhere hot next year then send me your email address or email me at [email protected] and i'll add you to the group that is already interested and we can get chatting about it. we're doing it via email for safety reasons...
trish - my sis had another ultrasound but the baby was lying sideways and kept putting its bum in the way so they couldn't get a view of it properly! definitely her child!! oh, and i made it to the beach. it was really sunny, but quite windy too. BF and i jogged in the mornings. i was going so slowly he rapidly became a dot in the distance!! but it was still fun. much better than a treadmill, except when the sand is too soft and you feel like you're going nowhere...
kay - is the packing/move going well? must be awful in the heat.
jen - you're probably sleeping properly as i type!! i love my bed. i have often wished for a hammock in the office. i work in a big open plan thing where folk can (and do) read my computer screen as they walk past. so no chance of a nap for me, and i'm a master of clicking on some work whenever i sense someone is coming!
jenk - enjoy your block party! i saw that you did a 5k! cool. me and lolly are hopefully going to do another one. the last one was good fun although it was so hot we had to go very slowly. still, it meant we could chat and enjoy the scenery as we went!
kierie/belle/lolly - we should def meet up in ireland/uk if you guys are around. that'd be fab.
hi to kim, janet, brenda, stacey, tonya, sarah, shalyne, heather, ali, steph, kirsten etcetcetc!! i'm sure i've missed a few out so come post and tell me off!

must go start my work,
kirsty
Old 07-20-2001, 08:34 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

remember when i won a cruise on a chat show? well, the show is coming to the states! it starts tonight, on bbc america i think.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ent...00/1448656.stm
i don't know if the show i was in will be broadcast, they are only going to show the ones with really famous american guests. keep your eyes peeled for shannon doherty cos that's the one i'm in! but since it was the last one of the third series (i think) it won't be for a while...

so, come on. where are you guys? i'm lonely. and if i'm lonely i'll eat!! save me!

kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 07-20-2001 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-20-2001, 09:15 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Kirsty: I am here!

Hello all. Well, I got up really early this morning and took the dog for a walk. It had been so long since she had gone on a walk...she was so excited but very dirty and very tired when we got home. And we only went around the block.

Kirsty: I sure do hope that you are on. Were you on it once before? Who was the guest on that one? The beach sounds fun. I am going in August to the beach so I have been busy buying cute maternity clothes in summer styles.

I wanted to reply to someone from yesterday and now I can not remember who or what. I will have to check the thread and get back with you all.

I am really trying to watch what I eat this week. So I am off to post on the journal thread. Talk with you all soon.

Trish
Old 07-20-2001, 09:24 AM   #4  
Proud Mama

Default Trying something new...

I think I'm tired of counting points, so I'm going to try the Suzanne Sommers thing. A little too restrictive maybe, but I'm going to give it a whirl. Hope ya'll don't mind if I still hang out here, I really am a Weight Watcher at heart. And I can still talk points like the best of 'em.

Trish: Good to watch what you eat. You certainly don't want to obsess about gaining weight or anything, but the healthier you eat now the easier it will be on your later. Two-fold: first, if you don't overgain it will be easier on your body in late pregnancy (doctor-approved exercise is really important for that too), and second: you'll have kept your good eating habit throughout your pregnancy and it wont be as difficult to get back on track and lose the extra weight afterwards... This, of course, is coming from someone who gained 60 pounds during pregnancy and sits here 18 months after giving birth at 10 pounds lighter than at 9 months, 2 weeks preggo. Ugh.

Kirsty: Don't be lonely hon, we're pouring out of the woodwork.

Better get cracking, I have so much work to do lately. I supose that's a good thing, means I'm valuable I guess!
Old 07-20-2001, 09:31 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone... I am feeling better finally!!! Just a smidge of a headache left. But my tummy is back to normal, which is good since we are going to a county fair tonight for dinner!!

Emma has been aweful all week. She won't sleep in her crib. She will wake up bawling after an hour and won't go back to sleep. So she ends up with us. So we don't get a lot of sleep either. UGGGHHHH. I hope this passes soon!

Trish.. YAH on the walk. I didn't walk Sadie at all this week because I was sick. She is really upset about that! Hopefully next week! I work this weekend, so she will be mad about that too!!

Kirsty... hope I get to see you on the boob tube (slang for TV).

Well, off to work, I'll be back later!
Old 07-20-2001, 09:32 AM   #6  

Default A quick hi!

I jsut wanted to say hi quickly so that you don't think I have dropped off. I didn't do any work yesterday, boss had nothing other than business lunch. I met him there but it was a waste of time. So my only work was a luncheon from 12 to 1:15! I had the rest of the day free, lovely!

Today I am in Annapolis. MIL arrived yesterday and we had a great time chatting last night. She works for WW so we talked tons about it, very fun.

I ate 23 points yesterday and scale said 164 this am (meaning 162 at WW) so hopefully I can manage to make lifetime tomorrow, fingers and toes will be crossed. Hoping to me able to go to gym after work but it's hard when MIL is here, I feel obligated to go home and hang out with her since DH will be at volleyball coaches clinic. I think we are going to grill fo dinner and I will try to stop at 20 points for the day again.

I will post WI news soon. Have a great weekend. I'll try to catch up with posts on Monday!

Sarah
Old 07-20-2001, 09:47 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default hooray!

hello!!
trish - i've been on before (putting fist in mouth). that was when i was at my heaviest as well. the shame....anyhow. i think the guest was roy schreider (the guy from the Jaws films). is that right lolly? i can't remember....and i've been to see it filmed 3 times! who were the guests the time we didn't say anything?
ooh, i just found out that if you hit the escape button you lose all your text. luckily ctrl z brought it back. phew.
hi sarah, jen (glad you're feeling better) and janet. and anyone else posting!!

kirsty
Old 07-20-2001, 10:10 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Angry I'm Addicted to BBC America

Morning Girls
Kirsty me and mom are addicted to bbc america
Jonathan Creek
Monarch of the Glen mmmm Alastair mackenzie
Father Ted Feck ARSE!
ahem changing rooms and ground force
BallyKissangel
the list goes on

I'm thinking of getting the WW pointslide tatooed on my forehead backwards
b/c i'm having trouble keeping track
yesterday i had a kashi bar coffee with half and half 7 pts
and a giant iced coffee with cream and sugar
and a bacon and cheddar omwich
not much in the grand scheme
but arg!
eeek i'm getting the call to be lil suzy homemaker
*puts on my apron and stilletos*
BBl
Kier
Old 07-20-2001, 10:14 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default bbc america sounds fab

bbc america sounds ace! so sad that the actor who plays father ted died. he was grand. hey, mebbe i'll get to do the weather on bbc america! hee hee, that'd be so weird...
Old 07-20-2001, 10:21 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I knew one of em died but i didnt know which
thats soo sad
Kirsty you totally could b/c BBC world news is on every day like 3 times i think
ok THIS TIme i'm really going
Old 07-20-2001, 10:22 AM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Kirsty - I can put my fist in my mouth too!! What a wonderful talent to have...

Sarah - Good luck at WI tomorrow. Here's to Lifetime!!

Janet - Let us know how it goes with the Suzanne Sommers plan. Maybe you just need something new to get remotivated.

Jen - Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Have fun at the fair tonight! (I love cheese curds!)

Trish - Way to go on the walk this morning...I'm sure your dog was thrilled!!

Kier - Love your comment about tattooing the slide rule to your forehead! Hmmmm...there's an idea to keep me on track!

Hello to everyone else! I'm off to get a pedicure and manicure after work with my friend so that we look good to meet our future spouse's tomorrow at the block party..haha!! Then Sunday I think I'll just hang out at the beach...I wish I were there now!
Old 07-20-2001, 10:25 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jen2 maybe we should get born to WW matching tattoos
and while you're at it meet me a spouse
have a fun weekend
OK NOW IM GOING !
Old 07-20-2001, 10:44 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls!! You have been busy today already!

Kirsty - I so hope its the latter!! His mom says he is very deliberate and takes his time, so hopefully that is what he is doing here! AGH! I don't get BBC America up here...damn!! I am so still up for meeting next year - keep my name on the email list, kay?? I would go just about anywhere (I'll start saving right after New Brunswick)

Kiminey- Your story and my story are starting to be very very similar -are we dating twins?? AGH!

Janet - let me know how you like that - i have heard mixed reviews, some love it some hate it. I hope you love it.

Kier - I have considereed tatooing it to my palm, but thought that might be painful! Hee hee...Iam addicted to iced cappucinos!! YUM Who will you cook and clean for in Ireland? Must find a nice irish man.

Sarah - good luck for your lifetime girl!!!

Jen2- let me know ifyou find a future spouse!

Jen1- glad you are feeling better, sorry about Emma, but she'll snap out of it I am sure!

Gotta run!

B
Old 07-20-2001, 11:01 AM   #14  

Angry

Happy Friday everyone!!

I have been MIA lately, lots of work, and stuff going on at home. But I am back, at least for an hour or so, and then I am off of work for the rest of the day.

I haven't had a chance to completely read thru the posts, but will try to respond to some....

Jen ~ Love the 70's list, I can relate to them all too! My most prized possession....my "Shaun Cassidy" white, bell-bottoms, that had his picture air-brushed on the bell part of the legs, and the matching microphone....those were the days!!

Trish ~ Glad the ultrasound went well, it is reassuring to see the little bugger!!

Janet ~ I think you should try the Suzanne Somers weight plan, if it is safe, see if it works for you...maybe you can incorporate some of WW into it.

Kim ~ I hope you can see you bf more. You have a very busy job!!

Kirsty ~ I will check out the BBC, I hope I see you....should we consider you famous???

Kierie ~ I think you are Martha Stewart in the kitchen, come to my house please!!!!

Stacey ~ Glad to have you back, your wedding and honeymoon sound wonderful...don't feel bad about the ring, at my wedding our singer forgot the words to a song she was singing, dead silence for a while...not good!!

Hi to everyone I missed....Angie, Steph, Lolly, Belle, Jen2, sorry if I forgot anyone!!

Tomorrow is my 30th birthday, DH sent me a dozen red roses at work yesterday (he has never sent me flowers in the 8 years we have been together, I was quite shocked!!) and he has a suprise planned for tonight (which is totally unlike him also!). I also have my SIL bridal shower and bachelorette party tomorrow, so it will be a very busy weekend.

This afternoon my mom and I are taking off of work and doing a little shopping, that will be fun!

We will be taking pictures at the bachelorette party, I hope to post some of me, it has been a while since I have taken pics of myself.

Anyway, if I don't talk to you all before I leave, have a great and OP weekend, and I will "talk" to you all on Monday!!
Old 07-20-2001, 11:15 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONYA!
I better wish you it now cos I won't be posting over the weekend. hope you have a fantastic day and you have fun with your DH tonight...
Only two more hours of work till I hit the pub! But first we've got to drink a bottle of cava that a coworker bought me to celebrate my new job. They're being really sweet about it, I'm going to be sad to leave. Oh, I doubt I'll be on telly for a while, got to get trained first. But you gals will be the first to know.
JenK - can't wait to get the gossip from your party!
Hello Belle!!
Kieire - you still there? hee hee.
Must work,
Kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 07-20-2001 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread