Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default chit chat #128

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #2  

We had a great Mother’s Day yesterday, well I should say I did. Tommy sent me a card from him and Brandon yesterday morning, and then when he came back from picking up his buddy Jay and Jay’s girlfriend Elena, he walked in an handed me a Target bag. I opened the Target bag and there inside is the “Phantom of the Opera” two disc dvd.

We are slowly but surely getting closer to moving. I have been packing things here and there. Tommy is making this week his last week of work, and then really buckling down on packing the rest of the stuff next week. I have my appointment next Friday and I can’t wait! I mentioned to Tommy that since we have to come back down on the 25th, that if at my appointment the doctor gives me a slip to get an u/s scheduled, then I will try and schedule it for that day since we have to come down anyways.

Oh yeah…..Tommy called the lady today from the housing up north. He talked to her and she told him that she was going to mail it out right away and that we need to fill it out and send it back ASAP. Tommy said “I will have my wife fill it out because she has better handwriting.” She asked what our situation was and Tommy said “me and my wife, we have a one year old and another one on the way.” Then she asked where we would be staying once we got up there and Tommy said “my in-laws for the time being.” To which she replied, “the same place Wendy and Jay came from.” They both laughed. Then she asked if he already had a job up there, and he said no, so he thinks that she is going to some how try and help to get things all set up for us.

First off, sorry I haven’t been on here in a while.

Cristi~ I am doing pretty good. I am feeling more tired now, then before. But I think that comes along with the territory of trying to pack and chase after Brandon at the same time. I go to the doctor next Friday, the 20th.

Terrie-Lee~ Thanks for crossing your fingers, hopefully we can get the three bedroom!

Angie~ That is awesome that they called!!!

Jane~ Again, I am so sorry for your loss. No problem for starting the thread. I knew that you were busy and away from the computer so I figured since I was on, I would start it for us. We are waiting now to get the application, and we should know soon hopefully!

Dee~ Welcome to the group, can’t remember if I said it. But yeah on making it through the first night alone!

Pam~ I am glad that you guys are okay.

Anita~ Awesome job with the NSV at the party!

hello to those that I missed....I hope you are all doing great!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Angie - a lady at our church makes health/beauty aids and sells them. I just talked to her about her face cream, and since her stuff is for sensitive skin, I plan to buy some. Maybe you could start a business with it, too. Like you need something else to do, lol.

Marti - your day with Jhanai sounds wonderful! Yikes, hope you're feeling better today.

Katy - sounds like you're taking all the right steps to ensure a weight loss! I think your determination will carry you through.

Cristi - ahhh, a 3-day get-away!! Sounds great! Where are you guys headed?

Susan - thanks for the condolences. Maggie is doing pretty good. She says the house is awfully quiet, and doesn't want to cook for just herself. Our sister Mary Lou went through the same thing a few years ago, so she's been giving Maggie some tips. I can just see your sweetie on her bike in the store, lol. Too fun!!

Mindee - once again, thanks for starting the thread. Are you able to close the old one, or has Marti been doing that? Whoever it is, thanks a bunch! Sounds like the lady from housing will be able to help you. Things do have a way of working out in life.

Dee - glad you have fun with your mom. Mine's been gone since '84, and I'd give anything to just sit and have a cup of coffee with her.

I ran errands yesterday, mostly involving Katie's graduation party. I want a picture cake, and Walmart wouldn't accept the photo since it's a professional one, but a local grocery store with a bakery did. The photo is of Katie when she was 3, and oh so cute!! Then, the local newspaper is having a special tribute to the grads and so I took her senior picture in, with a sentiment for her to see. Forgot to pick up her gown from the cleaners, even though it was right on my list! Today will be my first time taking Mackenzie Jo to swim lessons. Due to Jerry's death, I missed the 1st 2 lessons. I can't wait to see the little stinker in the water, lol. The instructor has five 6 year-olds to deal with, lol. Better him than me, lol.

Have a great day, ladies!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Since Cristi will be gone on her birthday, here's an early greeting:

Happy Birthday, Cristi!!!!

I hope you have the most wonderful birthday, ever!! Have fun with Vince, and tell us about it when you get home!! We love you!!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Heh heh - Jane, you are going to love watching those little boogers in the water! They are hilarious! Leigh's class is 4-5 3y-os and I have to give the instructor an award, 'cause he is just great. They play "Motorboat" and "Ring around the Rosie". He takes them for rides on the big styro-mat ( It's like a big kick-board). They all are smiling and laughing the entire time.

Happy Birthday to Cristi - have a great weekend

I'm eating breakfast, then off to working at both schools this morning...supposedly my brother is popping in for a visit this afternoon. He is a bit of a workaholic (like our dad) and forgets to follow up sometimes. I hope he makes it as we haven't seen him since Christmas.

Sorry I haven't been getting to too many individuals, I haven't had alot of time to write out posts lately, tho' I do read things and try to keep up....

Terri - since you mentioned your new car...I am seeing that orange everywhere! I have seen it on a Honda Pilot and a Hummer. I wish I were less dependent on my car, but I have to admit I do love shopping for a new car...it's a big toy. How are gas prices where you are...we are around 2.45 dollars here and that kind of puts the brakes on joyriding, kwim?

Marti - glad you had such a nice time with Jhanai...hope your sciatica is easing up on you...I get that, too and those big ball exercises I mentioned ( the pilates-like stuff) were very helpful... massages are great for it, too...so go spoil yourself, girl!

Ok - for a late M-day treat I am going to try to track down the manicurist and get myself a mani-pedi. It's been so long I lost her number,...but you know my feet could use a little pampering so I'll have to call around and track her down....It's a public service, really, as sandal weather is coming up and I feel sorry for anyone who has to look at my feet!
Ciao

Old 05-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #6  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Jerry washed and waxed my car, and cooked me dinner and I also got a really nice plant for the house --A persian violet. Really pretty. He also picked out the most lovely card. All I had to do was spend time with my daughter. And what a wonderful day we had. We walked to church with my mum and dad, and then later in the day we went for another walk. The day was beauty.

The weather here in Ontario is absolutely beautiful. Warm and sunny today with a high of about 25 celcius (that's the high 80's --I think) The only unfortunate thing with the nice weather is that Toronto has it's first smog advisory of the summer. Makes it difficult to exercise outside--harder to breathe.

We have one more weekend at home and then we open up our trailer for the summer. Jerry and I love spending time up there away from the city. So next weekend we are opening it up. Joycelyn is staying home with her grandparents because we have to baby proof the trailer, once thats done she can enjoy it with us. I am pretty excited about that.

On another topic, I have a challenge for myself, I'm going to call it Anita's leather coat challenge. Three years ago, I bought myself a beautiful leather coat. I had never had a leather coat before and I bought it as a reward for the weight that I had lost. Well I have a goal to be able to wear it again by Christmas. I know what I have to do to get there. I just have to do it. SO that is my challenge to myself.

Marti-- YIKES! I can sympathize with you though. Since having Joycelyn I have had constant pain in my sciatica. Never bad enough where I couldn't get out of bed mind you, but I get the numbness in my right leg and the pain in my toes pretty much every day. Feel better soon.

Terri--I've been seeing that orange everywhere too! Send us some pics if you can.

JaneKatie's cake sounds really cute. When is the grad again?

Well I have to fly, Work is busy today, and I want to be able to leave on time in order to spend some time at the park with my baby girl.

Anita
Old 05-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #7  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hello Ladies!

WEll i finally have a minute.. Hubby is working 3 to midnight this week so schedule is all messed up. Other then that not too much going on.. I am really enjoying having a car though! Did get anything for mothers day.. he wouldnt even make me a coffee in the morning. I had to do laundry all day. Nice ... not!

Jane: a new puppy is always so fun! Watching the kids swim sounds like a lot of fun.. I cant wait until summer now that i have a car.. i can take the kids to the lake!

Cristi: Wow that is nice that you and Dh get to spend some time together.. should be fun!

Marti: Glad that your week-end with Jhanai was nice. I have sciatica also and i am only 25.. lol i dont think it has anything to do with age. Mine goes from my lower back and shoots down my leg.

Katy: I have been having trouble sleeping... Last night i couldnt sleep so at 11:30 i cleaned my bedroom for 2 hours! The gas here is about 90 cents a liter here. I dont know what that is in gallons.

Mindee: Wow sounds like things are really rolling now. Going to be tiring with a baby and one on the way.. make sure you get your rest!

Anita: I bet it is muggy there.. it has been really warm here and muggy also.. (we dont get smog though lol) I will take a pic of the car when i can find some batteries for my cam lol.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you had a good week-end and are taking care of yourselves. Always busy this time of year.. and everyone wants to be outside! TTFN xxoo
Old 05-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Jane~ for the early BD wishes! Katie's cake sounds nice, and I bet it will be so cute! Well, we cancelled our plans for travel, bummer. Wasn't anywhere really special but just some place to go and spend time together. The guy that is going to finish the patio that V started and tired of real fast...can come tomorrow afternoon (because next week he is going on vacation for two weeks) to prep it and then will finish it Saturday and we/I want that done so...we will do things around here for the next three days so we can be here for that. V dug out everything and framed two of the squares but hurt his back in the process-not good. You wouldn't believe all the dirt that came out of those three squares! Anyway, so he's having this guy finish it, except the brick work, so we can start on the fence soon. Yippee...I don't really care what we do as long as we are together. It will be the first time V has had that much time off.

Marti~hope you are feeling better. You day with Jhanai sounds like it was fun.

Katy~$2.45 a gallon for gas?!!!!! Ours got up to $2.20 but has since gone down to $1.98 right now-just filled up today and so glad I don't have a gas hog of a car. Enjoy your pedicure & manicure. I have yet to get a pedicure but will one day. Just think it would be a nice treat.

Terri~isn't it funny how you don't notice a certain color or a specific car until someone you know gets one? I too have been seeing the orange cars and trucks a lot lately and I am liking it. When Marti got her new car I never noticed them and now I see them everywhere. Hope you are enjoying it!

Mindee~take it easy with the packing and don't lift anything too heavy. When I was pregnant with #1 I would get bored so easy and so would rearrange furniture, mow the lawn, clean the windows, anything to keep busy. Of course now I wouldn't even attempt to do anything like I did back then if I were pregnant now. Of course I wouldn't be able to because between DH and the kids they wouldn't let me.

Anita~what a great reward for yourself. I've got faith that you will get into that jacket this Christmas.

Hi to everyone else!

Well, I spent half the morning at the doctors, or so it seemed. I have my yearly this Friday afternoon and she wanted to do some bloodwork to test for diabetes (my mother just found out that she has it) and check my chlosterol. So I get there and she does the blood work and wants urine, not thinking I had gone before I left-not sure if they have enough to do anything or not. Then tells me to wait and the nurse will take me back for chest x-rays and an EKG, yikes! Didn't plan on all that stuff. Oh well, I probably needed it done, it's been 2 years since I had a complete check-up and th elast doc never did half of what this doc did. Next is the old, fun mammogram-nothing like having your booby squashed to death between two plastic things! At least they are not metal! She wanted this done early so she could have the results when I went in Friday which is good-no waiting forever. Then met DS#1 for lunch at Olive Garden-my BD lunch from him. it was planned a week ago when he/we thought we would be gone. He has been working so much and so hard we hardly see him so it was nice to have some time with him. Had to take a couple of things to the mall to exchange then he was on his way. I am glad I don't have to deal with packing and buying groceries today, jeez...I would be too tired to drive anywhere in the morning. Anyway, it was nice to finally sit down and relax for a few minutes. Of course now I need to go get some laundry done-does it ever end?!

Anyhoo ladies...hope everyone is having a wonderful day! It is supposed to get up to 94 here today! See ya
Old 05-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Terri~you snuck in there while I was typing away...glad you are liking your new car-I saw one the other day and am really liking that color (think I said that before! LOL). It's always good to have a car with little ones, especially in case of an emergency. Maybe in DH's mind the car was an early Mother's Day gift? I have a friend whose hubby never goes out for any occasion. It's not that he is thoughtless, just the way he is. She doesn't like it but deals with it. He just tells her to buy her what she wants for that occasion and she does and everything is fine.

Anyway, take care ladies and have a good one!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good afternoon -

Cristi's birthday?? She isn't part of the birthday thread??? yikes.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISTI!!!! I'll get a birthday card out tonight.

Just popping in for a second. I should be working but when I drink my wadder I always think of Jaded Ladies........misery loves company, right?? lol

Yes, Gaby is a doll when riding her bike in a public building. lol She is a very sweet child, so loving. I need to take her in for a hearing & speech test. She is enjoying her new daycare with her half sister. They all speak Spanish, so maybe Gaby will pick some of it up?

I did get a child support check today - yay. We get to eat!! Not that I need to .....I weighed in at 152 this morning. I am not changing my ticker though , too depressing.

So, I am chugging wadder. *sigh* what a bore.

Neil Diamond is coming to Portland in Sept! That might be fun. I never did say that Wiggles were a riot, fell in love with The Captain, not at all a Wiggle but he is a great singer.
Gaby enjoyed it too....lol. It rained that day and i piggy backed her all the way out to our car. *Exhausting*

k- boss is coming!!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Just a short one today gals....(so sorry)

Jane--I've been closing them. Katie's party is going to be full of emotions! I hope you all have so much fun!!

Anita--I've wanted a challenge for myself also. You have a great one!! Leather jacket will be drapped on you in no time!

Katy--I've been doing all kinds of stretches to ease up the pain. I had James pop my back in and that REALLY helped ease it up.

Terri--I hope you're enjoying that new car of yours!! I couldn't get enough of mine when we first got it.....ok, I still can't get enough!

Cristi--Wow! What busy day you had! I hope you have a VERY special birthday and that your whole family spoils you like you deserve!

Angie--Anymore news on the show?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get accepted!!

Hello to everyone else!

I've been doing laundry for what seems like days now. Not sure how I got so far behind, but I did.

Got to bed around 6:30 this morning, and I'm still a bit tired now! (woke up at 1:00)

Anyway, I"m babbling and I need to get things done.

take care
Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Happy that I finished 66 oz's of water today. Think I will stop there for now.

We have a kitchen below us that cooks for residents and the smell is driving me nuts!! Sooooooo good.

Going to buy me some broccoli for dinner - sounds yummy to me.

Liked your idea about a food journal Katy. I think Jane mentioned that in her thread on how she lost 85 pounds too (?) There is that saying I like.......don't know where I read it but it goes "if you fail to plan - your plan will fail."
I think it does help to wake up and plan what you will eat.

k- best run!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:06 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,

Jane, got the book and read the first few pages so far really good. Nice about teh cake...have done that with some pictures...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Christi,,,and many more!

Marti, been there done that about the nerve...my right hips does that and oh man it hurts.

Katy funny you should say that about a journal one of the ladies at work just gave me a journal, shes so sweet,,wants to me my mentor,,,shes lost over a 100 lbs in the last 1.5 yr. 3 months ago she went and got her tummy tucked. She looks great.

Anita, warm weather? brrr here, we had snow this morning! ITs over cast and cold. Can't wait for warm weather....

Terri, he probably thinks the car is an early mothers day present. Whats your weather like?

Oh ya Christi how much does it cost to fill up? If Im on empty its $50. its right now 86.9 cents a litre,,,there I go again Jane,,,can't remember the sign thing geesh.
Was commenting on my memory loss lately and as bad as this sounds I can't remember if its B6 or B12 that helps with memory.

As for the call back,,,it didn't go over very well,,,and doubt that Ill get a call back again. Not that Im all that sad about it...

For mothers day Brandon bought me a nail spa kit,,,Tanner got me the cutest card and made breakfast. Of course I had to wash the floor twice to get the bacon greese off,,,but its the thought that counts.

nothing else happening,,,need to go buy some cheap gloves and spray red (blood) all over them... still need the blow torch, and garbage cans on wheels....yes this is a strange play.
Went to rehearsal tonight and was bombarded by directors all begging for me to stage manage their shows in the fall. I stood my ground and said no to two of them and said if I got on the tv show I would do his show,,,Evita...chances are slim...lol clever girl that I am...

anyways should get to bed,,,
night
Old 05-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #14  

Since we have been planning on moving on the 21st, I told him that since we have to come down the following Wednesday to pick up our mail, that if I get a slip for the BIG u/s, that I will try my best to schedule it for that Wednesday later in the day so we won't be rushed to get there. I think it would be a nice surprise if we can find out the gender that day and then stop by my in-law's before heading back up north to my parents house.

On another note though......this morning when I was trying to get to sleep, I felt the baby kick for the first time. It was the same flicking sensation that I felt with Brandon, so I am sure of it. And ever since then, this munchkin has wanted to stay on my right side.

Jane~ No problem for starting another thread. I haven’t been closing them, so I think it was Marti that closed the last one. Me and Tommy both have good feelings about this move, so we are hoping for the best! I hope the swim class was fun!

Katy~ A mani-pedi sounds wonderful!

Cristi~ Happy birthday! When I was pregnant with Brandon, and we moved into this place, I was constantly yelled at by Tommy and anyone that was around. They were always telling me “don’t lift that” or “don’t do that, let me do it.” The rest of the time, they pushed me out of the way and did it for me.

Anita~ Good luck with your leather coat challenge!

Terrie-Lee~ I am definitely going to make sure that I get my rest. As far as I know, Tommy already has people lined up to help us with the move up north, so hopefully I won’t have to lift a finger, except to say where things go! LOL

Susan~ Chug that water girl……LOL Little Gaby sounds like a doll on her toy! Awesome news on the child support check!

Marti~ How are you doing? Were you able to get caught up on the laundry?

Angie~ How are you doing?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #15  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Afternoon

Mindee: Lol you can wear the white hat.. that is the best job anyway

Angie: That is what he said .. I just bought you a brand new car! It got cold here too.. i had to light a little fire to get the chill out.

Susan: Glad Gaby liked the Wiggles.. my kids love them.. so i bought them a Wiggles movie. Emma loves broccoli too.. what a weird baby!

Marti: I am in love... with a car!! LOL oh well i feel so good when i am driving it! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

Cristi: Well i love the colour.. glad you like it.. you know i havent seen any others around here except one truck,,, i hope it doesnt catch on up here.. Everyone already knows it is me in my little orange car!! lol

Hello everyone else... happy hump day... take care ttfn xxoo
Closed Thread