Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday/Tuesday Thread May 9/10

Hey Girls
It's 1 month till I turn 29
I'm pooooped we had a long weekend we drove to PA went to steamtown a train museum and park went to my moms stayed up late got up early did laundry went to a big mothersday thing with my fam then came back to Jersey for a mothersday thing with DH's fam (bleh) and we got home at 9:30 and put laundry away I NEED COFFEE!
Dentist appt tonight
bbiab

Kierie
Old 05-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Well it is a brand new week! I don't have to do school or work until Wednesday so I am just chilling out right now. I have started the morning eating really well and I hope I continue doing well. This weekend we had a cookout out for the mom's which was nice but my dh's mom brought 2 dozen krispy kreme donuts...argh...soo good..hehe. It was really nice though to spend some time with them. My mother didn't come because she was occupied with my sisters. I am to the point where I don't care anymore. Oh well. Well I am doing great and I hope everyone else is doing great as well. TAlk to you guys later.

JKB
Old 05-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hello girls! Kier - I hit 29 in Feb - it's not that bad! Just think about next year!! JK, my mom is always preoccupied with my sisters too. When I was in the hospital I was totally sick and the day I was released, I stayed home that day, and my mom didn't come see me. She hung out with my sister, who lives 2 blocks away, bought her breakfast from Tims and lunch from Wendy's and didn't bother to bring me any food, adn I was home with a migrane, immobile and pregnant.

Yup, I know all about that. She even said to my sister that she was sad her mat leave was finished and that it wouldn't be the same hanging out with me on my mat leave. So I felt like - well then don't, because Cleatus and I don't need anyone to hang out with us. My other sister and I know we'll always be second fiddle, and I am usually third fiddle (though I am the baby so what is up with that).

I am starting to stress about my mat leave. On the one hand, I want to stay home wiht my baby, but on the other hand, 10 months at home seems like forever. My DH is staying home for 2 months (making the year of mat leave) at the end, by himself (hee hee, see how he does with poopie diapers!). For you americans, this seems like a lot but in Canada we're even looking at doing a 2 year mat leave. You get EI and your job is guaranteed (your pay and a position that is) when you return. Anyway, I am afraid of being depressed at home. I guess we'll see.

Well, I have to run, BBL
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

I had a good weekend. I ate not too horribly considering we were away & I had no control over what I got to eat. We had a great time visitng all of our family. I spent 5 hours Saturday running around a park with my little siblings. Tiring but fun.

For the past 10 days or so I've been having some major low back pain. I got it treated on the first couple days and it was ok but it didn't go away. On the weekend I spent over 6 hours in the car and we also went bowling. By Sunday night no position was pain free. Yesterday I went back to the chiro & for a massage. It was painful and after that the only thing I could do was lay still & ice ice ice. My lumbo-sacral joint was majorally subluxated (out). Today though it is much better. Its still painful - about where it was Firday before I went home - but much better. I think I can actually work today. I think I'll go back to the chiro tomorrow just to make sure it still good. Its frustrating though because I won't be doing any exercise for a few days. Right now I still have to move very carefully. This might be too much information but right now I can barely reach to wipe myslef b/c of the pain. Argh. Last night I was feelin sorry for myself and made DH go buy me two choclate bars & I ate them both I am just really run down. I have a huge cold sore too & am plugged up. I hope its just my allergies and not a cold. Oh yeah I went to the eye doctor yesterday and it turns out I have my mother's vision - one eye is near sighted and one eye is far sighted. This explains why I wasn't really having any visions problems. One eye would compensate for the other which is why my eyes were aching so much. Its a really light prescription but he said at first to wear them all the time and then see how it is. My Mom doesn't wear hers all the time so maybe I can be the same way. I had a hard time picking out glasses I liked b/c it was just so hard to imagine that these were really for me and that they were a permanent thing. Anyway they should be ready by the end of the week or so. It will be interesting.

JK, glad to hear you made it through exams ok. So now do you start a new semester or do you start a summer jobh or what?

Kier, Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I hope your week is a little less hectic. How is James doing since his surgery?

Hello everyone else!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey Belle, You must have posted when I was typing. When are you going to start mat leave? Do you plan on working as long as you can up to delivery? You know it you might like being at home - you never know. When you say you're worried about being depressed at home do you mean like post partum or do you mean you might be bummed b/c you can't just go out and do stuff without a bit of work/planning? It will be a big change. At least with post partum yu can take meds that help. Brooke Sheilds was on the View yesterday and was talking about it. Apparently she had post partum really badly. She has a new book out about it. It would be an interesting read I think. Anyway on another note...Looks like I'm going to be in Calgary June 25 to 30th. I have a course on Pregnancy Massage and Infant Massage. Maybe we can hook up while I'm there? I'll be staying at my Aunt's. They live somewhere in the south east near a lake or something. DH can't some b/c of his brother's grad so I'm hoping my Mom will be able to get off of work. I haven't been to Calgary in 10 years so it would be good if someone could be the map reader. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Rina - I would LOVE to meet you while you're here. I live in the NW but no worries, I can drive to where you are. There are a few lake areas in the south. I'll PM you my details! I can take you to a great restaurant or something (look at me, it's all about food).

I am worried about post-partum, but also about feeling like I don't have anything to "do". I have had a job since I was 12, I haven't been unemployed for 17 years. I have always been really busy - crazy flat out busy. And to suddenly have time, that worries me. I know I'll be busy with baby, but I am scared of feeling like I don't know what to do - overwhelmed, I guess. I wish DH could stay home for a bit longer when baby first arrives.

I am working right up to the date - July 8 is my last day of work, and if baby is late, I plan to work later too, so I don't waste any of the time I could have with baby at home, waiting. Plus, it's hot during stampede week so I'll be happier in air conditioning, with my mind occupied!

I am glad BrookeSheilds has come out about that, b/c so many women suffer from it!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Belle- You might think the baby is a full time job so you might not even miss your job. God do I wish I live in Canada, my biggest worries is having to put a baby in day care but if you have a 2 year maternity leave that is amazing. I am such a baby dork though, I plan not to work until the kids are in kindergarten. But I bet you are going to be so tired and busy with the baby you won't even miss work. That does't sound very uplifting, does it? I am just saying the baby will change your mind about everything. My mother had the nerve to call me yesterday and ask me to drive to West Virginina for my dad and run some errands. I about blew up, but I was at someone's house when I answered the phone so I spoke very calmly. I am not going because the favorite child is doing it, thank goodness. I just don't understand how you can have children and love one more than the other. I am the oldest, the first born, why not me..lol. It doesn't matter, I am not into favorites anyway.

Rina- I start tomorrow working for a teacher on a research project, I get a small stipend for the summer and then on June 1st I start two summer classes. I am not complaining...just al ittle tired of school. I am also studying for the GRE so it will be a full summer. I am sorry about your back pain, you seem to know a lot more about it then I would ever know. I am sure you will take care it the way your suppose too.

Kier- I hope everything is going great with you.

I am off to study the GRE so I can get into grad school. Talk to you guys later.

JKB
Closed Thread