Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #203 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #2  

Smile

Good Afternoon CER's!

I hope you don't mind me beginning another thread...
Here is a link to the last one --- so you all can see the pictures

LINK to MICHELE's & WILMA's PICS! -->
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57488

I too had a lovely day yesterday... we went to church and then at around 2:00 we met our best buds and their daughters for lunch. They bought me a gift! I was so surprised!! A beautiful Book with stories and scripture along with a beautiful card... to say the least... I was touched! Also... my Joe picked up the tab for us (a first after our marriage ) --- let me explain, I usually take care of the finances, so Joe's checks go straight into our ck'ing acct. & I know exactly where all the $$ is and where it goes. So to make a long story, short... he has been saving $$ from the last few side jobs he's done, so that he could surprise me and "pay" for a meal or two totally surprising me And that he did!!! He also picked up a little trinket for me He knows how I enjoy small antique trinket boxes... this one has violets on the lid He's so sweet & made me feel very special

I called and spoke to my mother for almost an hour yesterday, she loved the Calla Lilies I sent her & enjoyed my call to her. She was going to go to her fav. restaurant for dinner, but she became ill --- flu, she thinks --- my poor mommy She said she was feeling better this morning, but was very ill yesterday. Now that could spoil a perfectly good day I really miss her...

*~*~*

Hi Gary... here You are soooooooo lucky to be able to enjoy Chinese food!!!! I can't It is too high is sodium, and fat for me now... and I sure do miss it, so I hope you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally enjoyed it!! Enough for us both!

Angie got another Rose Bush for mother's day... cool beans!!! You haveta send a picture of it's blooms. Sounds like Angie had a lovely day Good to read

Goodness... I just BET that was very interesting listening to those speakers!!! Scientific view for Christianity... hummm... now that sounds like a logic vs faith situation... I would have enjoyed hearing them speak as well. Did they use their Science to prove that Christ DID/Does exist !? I have never seen that show on PAX... when is it on?

I'm glad you enjoyed the *Garden* I am so glad to hear that Amanda sorted everything out with her coach and that now it's all behind her AZUL waving to BRENDA... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... okayyyy..... now I get it duhhhh

We never made it to Costco either... just too much happening this weekend We may go later this week.

MKay, I am so happy you and Rachel enjoyed your siggy's And that you figured out how to post it

Yes, we are enjoying some *WONDERFUL* weather here!!! PERFECT-amundo !!! It reached 72* both days and it was clear & sunny and all the birds and their songs surrounded us --- we were in heaven on earth It is suppose to reach 78* today !!!!

Hi Wilma! Awesome pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us --- whoa... that is one really red wall My father would love it!! He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES red!! I am so glad you are happy and enjoying all your new things. I really like your kitchen too!! I bet you are sooo relieved to have it finished!!! It's great to actually *see* where you write us too All of it is lovely!! Enjoy!!!

So... did you get to enjoy that *Mother's Day* cheesecake dessert I hope you had a wonderful day and that your guys did well by you

Hi Rachel, Glad you liked your siggy too Do you feel any better today
I saw your picture in your profile... you are a *Cutie-Patutie*!!! It's always great to see whom you are speaking to

Hi there Finally Ready/Nancy!!! Great to see you BACK It's been awhile! Your temps are actually warmer then we are right now I am so anxious to feel temps in the 80's right now!! I am tired of feeling cold! As for Soccer... Joe's brother has 5 boys and 3 of the 5 were into Soccer... we saw allot of games when they were little and really enjoy the game Do your grandkids like Soccer?

*CONGRATS* on losing 14 pounds!!!!! *AWESOME JOB!*

How is that Gazelle? I have heard mixed reviews on the machine. Is that how you have lost the 14 pounds?

Hi Michele, Glad you all like your siggy's... it's fun! Sounds like your DM had a beautiful Mother's day as well Scarves are so *IN* right now... bet your mom is "the coolest" with the one you made her The same with the belts! I would love to see a pic

*~*~*

Later gang...
hope this note finds everyone doing well this Monday
Time for lunch

*Smiles*

<><

EDITS: I'm playing with the FONT

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-09-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #3  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Here's a pic of the belt I made: I tried to rotate, guess it didn't work again, but you get the idea.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

Hi Michele!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE BELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so very popular today

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-09-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #5  

Smile

By-the-way... Margie B,

I got in 2.25 miles (so far) today and have
a total of 10.50 miles for MAY

How are you coming along?
I bet you are WAY ahead of me right now

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-09-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #6  

Michele...Cool belt! Is that knitted or crochet?

Sunny...How fun for Joe to treat you. He was probably so excited to do that for you. Poor mom with the yuks yesterday. bummer, but glad she's feeling somewhat better today.

EZ...yummy in my tummy chinese. yeah, I wonder what your sig would look like. Doggy Daddy? You sound like a man with tons of energy.

Slow day here at work today. Paid my bills online today at lunchtime. Two paychecks...of the wind. They're long gone!

We had a selection of little books at church for the mom's to take home...I chose the one re men and what makes them tick! EZ...see, i do try. Actually, hubby and I have been at our best since his fall. Go figure! At church yesterday, I prayed with another couple (prayer team) re an attitude adjustment and to let go of the "woulda shoulda couldas" in life. Feeling much better about life after that and today. Praise God!

Well, gotta jet and ck in later.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #7  

Smile

Hey there MKay... Guess What!?? We have reached temps of 80* here today!!!
Can you believe it?!!! I can hardly stand it It just feels so nice!

I think it's wonderful that you are so open to change and improvement, MKay... and that you and hubby have been doing so well. Maybe his fall has taught him something too --- he needs YOU! There is always something to be learned in life with it's ups and downs, don't you think so? I think that change and improvement is something we *all* should do on a daily basis. Just to rededicate ourselves each morning to our Lord and the Life He wants us to live... therefore living our best life for Him each day. I try to, but not always successful... but I don't give up and neither do you --- good for you girl!!

*Hugs*

*~*~*

Quiet day here today... Where is everyone

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><
Old 05-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

I am so sorry I havent posted lately. I have been so sick, still trying to get over this bug. I am not sure what I have, but I am feeling better and back at work.

I hope everyones Mother's Day was wonderful. Mine was great! I woke up to my husband bringing me breakfast in bed and my children showering me with their hand made gifts (I just love those). Then we all went to church and the pastors wife preached a wonderful sermon to the mothers. Then we all received roses at the end of service. I then came home and took a nice nap. Then my mother took me to Salty's on Alki. It is a really nice restaraunt on the water and they have a Sunday brunch. All the crab legs, shrimp and coctail sauce, crepes, omlettes, and pasta (made to order), three tables of decadent desserts, and plenty more!! So needless to say, I stuffed myself with crab legs and shrimp and mamosa. Oh my goodness. There goes my extra points for the week! Then I came back home and spent time playing with my kids. Niya had a bunch of new gifts (her birthday party was on Sat.) so we played around with her new stuff.

Well I have been losing 2 lbs a week so far! Down 6 lbs!! I am so excited because it really hasnt been a struggle. I thought it would because I didnt think I had the time to keep track of all I eat, but it has worked out great!!

Sunny - I love all of the sigs. Very nice. What a sweet thing your husband did for you. Dont you just love surprises!! Your poor mom was sick for Mom's Day? Oh man, well I know just talking to you made her feel better. How could she not when she has the fabulous SUNNY D for a daughter!

margie B - Did I read that you went on a date? How was it? Where you able to connect again at a later date? Hope you had fun!!

michelle - what a beautiful belt!! You are very talented!

Sorry I cant respond to everyone this time. Got alot of work to catch up on. I will post again as soon as possible.

God Bless!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #9  

Smile

Well Hello there Myisha, How good it is to see you I am so very sorry to hear that you have been ill and for so long. I'm glad to read that you are doing better now, may you continue to recover

Your *Mother's Day* sounded absolutely delish!!!!!!!!!! And breakfast in bed --- don'tcha just love all that pampering And I just bet it was well-deserved!! Now, don't you worry your pretty head about one day You had a good time and today is a new day

Down 6 pounds!!!
Woo Hoo for you!!!!

Keep up the marvelous job!

*~*~*

My hubby just got home... time for dinner
He requested french toast and eggs tonight...
nice and simple Later...

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #10  

Talking Sharing...

I watched an interview with Jim Caviezel (He played Christ in *The Passion*) this morning and they asked him how his visit went with Pope Paul... he said, "it went very well" and that he asked the Pope "if he knew that Jesus was Italian" The Pope shrugged and looked confused by what he said... so Jim repeated it and then went on to explain why he knew Jesus was Italian...

Jesus was Italian because:
1) he lived with his mother till he was 30
2) he hung out with the same 12 guys all his life and
3) his mother thought he was God

and the Pope's reply was: "and here I thought he was Polish"

PS>>> Joe changed his mind for dinner tonight...
he went to get Subway for dinner--- yum!

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #11  

Ohhhhh Sunny...and the french toast and eggs sounded yummy...especially when a little of the syrup touches the eggs. Mmmmmm. We had healthy choice sausage with green pepper, onions, muchrooms, celery all cooked in a skillet with olive oil until moist. I may regret the onions and g. pepper later. Oh well, it was good.

Mnewton...gosh, so sorry you've been ill. Flu (throw up type) or cold, sinus? Glad to hear you're feeling better. Fun M-day for you. Even a nap huh? Wonderful. You must be rested today!

Well, going to go ck out what time the bachelor is on tonight.

Hugs!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #12  

Smile

It did sound good MKay,

and I had my taste-buds all set for it too, but he really wanted the Subway tonight, we'll have the french toast & eggs tomorrow night instead... no biggie I have a fresh loaf of sourdough bread for it too

Your dinner sure sounded delectable

Sleep well...

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #13  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Red face

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been on lately, been *very* busy. My best friend since childhood who is currently on a student-exchange program in Hokkaido, Japan is moving to Tennessee as soon as she gets back in the U.S.!!!!!

So needless to say, I'm kind of upset, but it'll be okay. Also, my cousin moved out of her mom's (she's 22) and she has no job. So only the Lord knows how she'll pay for anything! But there's really nothing I can do, she's an adult now.

Thanks for the compliment Sunny you're such a sweetie!

Well, wrestling is on and I should probably go.....talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #14  

Wow guys-what a great website!!! It's so nice to read posts where everything is related to Spirituality and being a Christian. Mima
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #15  

Default Tuesday

Mima...Welcome and glad you found us. We are quite a bunch of Love bugs for the Lord.

Sunny...Hey I registered at Photobucket. What's photobucket? Kidding...I just don't know where to find cool graphics. Any tips?

The meal last night was delish but a little salty and I could feel myself puffing up later on.

Anyone watch the Bachelor? Good grief...talk about vanity. I'll take pushing 50 and nice on the inside!

Gotta go.
Closed Thread