Old 05-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Cluck- 5/6

Ok...so I was going to name this "fried Cluckers" but changed my mind Figured I'd put it at a more noticeable title. Not going to make the Mothers Day challenge---thanks to TOM!! The only GOOD thing is I know the bloating/weight gain will go away.
Hope you all have a great weekend....and the Mothers in the crowd get the day off
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Where's Dottie and the rest of the LC chickies.... gee I hope we didn't scare you away come out and play will yah.

How's everyone's world today? Doing okay here, sosdd.

Whatcha got planned for the weekend, here in the east coast we got rain and thats about it.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  

Oh Leenie: We are supposed to be getting a Nor-Easter this weekend. 40 something mile an hour winds and rain....GEEZ! So much for working in the garden this weekend. Then my mom and oldest brother are coming over for Mothers Day on Sunday.

Brenda: I'm with you.....I feel like a bloated mess today. I was doing so well. It just goes to show you that we change daily...that is why we should only weigh ourselves once a week......The moon, the weather...who knows what causes it.

Well, like I said....I am a bloated mess today. Don't know why. I haven't had anything to warrent this....well I must have done something....whatever...I will just keep on doing the right thing. Speaking of the right things.....I had two tiny tootsie rolls this morning....WHY DO PEOPLE BRING THOSE THINGS IN TO WORK? Why I ask!

jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning Chickies!

I am so happy that the scale is going DOWN DOWN DOWN! No official numbers until Monday... But I can tell ya I am pleased! I havent seen Losses like this since late 2003. And I know it is due to the yeast free diet!

Today I have to get my allergy shot after I drop off the kids then to the gym for my personal training appt. I am very excited!

Brenda - Like you said that water weight will go! I remember that well! (since the hysterectomy, I dont get the water gain, athough I get other symptoms) hang in there!

Leenie - Good Morning! This weekend is my daughter's dance recital (Tonight and tomorrow afternoon!) DD also has a softball game tomorrow morning! For Mother's day I am not sure what we are doing yet, other than going to church and the family taking me to Claim Jumpers for dinner!

Jane - Not more rain there too? We have sun this morning but all week it has been raining! Keep on doing the Right thing! You can do it!

Well, I am off until later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #5  
on my way down again

Smile

Hi everyone. Just reading how everyone is and checking in to help me stay OP today. I'll check in again later. Have a great day!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Not sure where they went. Like you said, did we scare them off? Hope not!!

Jane: I agree and will keep doing the right thing along with you Mom already knows I'll be eating salad with my chicken tomorrow so she's bought me some lettuce (WHY that woman INSISTS on paying for EVERYBODY to eat is beyond me!! But I love her to pieces). Did you tell you doc you quit doing low cal and are back to low carb?
Was just curious to what he/she said.

Karen: Congrats on the scale going down and I can imagine how excited you are!! Keep up the great work!!

Sonnet: Have a great day!!

Ok. I went and bought some SF jello. And some Redi-Whip or whatever that canned whipping cream is called. Claims to have <1 G of Cabs per 2 TBSP of cream....so not sure if that's true but I'll believe their lies to get past this craving for chocolate. lol. Seeing how I can't find the zcarb bars in the stores I go to I'll settle for this
Old 05-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #7  

Well I am about to pack it in and head home for the weekend! What a day.

Don't ask what I ate...it wasn't pretty

Brenda: I didn't say anything yet to my doc....she won't care really...whatever works for me is ok. She was just making a suggestion. I hate to say this but 2 tablespoons is 2 tablespoons....watch out for that "I think this looks like 2 tablespoons"

Sonnet:

KarenW: The right thing did not happen today! But that is ok....back to plan tomorrow. I may even get in some yoga if I can.

Well, I need to run...hello to anyone I missed. Have a great weekend all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Jane: Nice to see your spark back

Well, I got some exercise in but not sure how much. I went outside to "play". Planted some flowers....and started digging in the spot where I want the garden (same spot as last year..but it was all grown over with weeds and stuff of course)...and my neighbor came over with his tiller. WOOHOO!!! He is such a nice guy! He offered to come back next week before I plant it and he'll go over it again. I believe I'll take him up on that offer. Now I've got to figure out a way to pay him (and his wife!) back. They (he) don't want money. Maybe I'll get them a couple rose bushes. Most people like roses don't they (I say most because I'd prefer something else ). Also....made a "wish list" for DH and DD's to go by on what to get me for Mother's day...so we'll see how well they take the hint. lol
Old 05-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #9  

Hey all-

No, I'm not that easily scared away! Just been life being crazy and not getting computer time at home. DH and I are getting estimates on new siding and windows and it is freaking me out! I can't believe how expensive it all is! Then I start obsessing about what about the porch. What about the back awning, what about the garage door. New front door? Mailbox? Door bell? Light fixtures(front, rear, and garage @ how much $ each???) Basement windows? Does this ever stop? I don't care about this stuff and to spend so much on this! Aughhhh....

Diets, out the window. Although, Brenda, I do like my SF jello with Reddi-whip. It never stalled me and has saved me many, many times in my true Atkins days. I may make some this weekend...thanks for the idea.

Cooking for DM and her lovely groom, DS, BIL, DN and DH on Sunday. A spiral ham, cucumber salad, baked beans, coleslaw, corn muffins and cake. Everything easy and can just get put together and served buffet style. I have to do it, I'm the Not-Mother female in the family. Does that mean I have to clean my house?

That's it for my whining for today...

Hi Leenie! Jane, we are getting the same storm they say- I'm in suburban NYC...good day to stay in and read tomorrow!

have a good one,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 05-06-2005 at 08:43 PM.
dottiejon is offline   Reply With Quote