Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #1  

Default FRIENDS WITH OA & RA #17...

Ok.......where's everybody at???? Get back here, I'm lonely! I know......I've been missing, also. Had a few bad days, then got my treatment. Dr said he'd have to run more blood tests to see what kind of Lupus I had. If it's from the meds, I can keep taking the Remicade. If it's systematic, I'll have to stop it. He's also checking my thyroid, because of all the fatigue. Another "wait & see" time for me.

How is everyone feeling these days? I hope you're all enjoying beautiful spring weather, the reason you're not posting. I do miss you all. I know Joanne's on the beach! Yeah..........I'm jealous!

I'm not a beautiful singer, ageoldie, just enjoy it...& I suppose that's why others like to listen to me.

Well....gotta go get ready for work. Still a little weak, but, will be ok there.
Everyone take care.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- Yes I have been on a beach.. I was at Daytona last weekend.. The TOPS convention was there and I was Qween for our Palm Harbor chapter.. It was a nice weekend. My daughter went with me.My sister and her hubby were there also. She is leader of our chapter... We ate out at nice places. The last night there was not so good. It was prom night there. I was surprised to find out how many high school kids were raising ****. Drinking ,yelling ,banging on walls, smoking pot ,I'm sure. We heard the conversations and we were pretty sure that was the case. etc. We called security for all the good it did.I find it hard to believe their parents knew what their kids were doing.My daughter was fired up and complained to management. Well they gave us 1/2 off for that night and said there was nothing they could do about it. HA! Call the parents!!!
My OA has been hurting for several weeks. Now my stomach has said hello.. I guess it will take a few days for everything to calm down.. I walked my 3 miles to the beach yesterday. It is in the 80's here.We had rain and hail here this A.M so I didn't go to my water exercise..
That was my week.. I hope we all have a really good weekend coming up..
See you later my good friends..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I was going to say good morning, but looks to be more like GOOD AFTERNOON!

Glad to see everyone is well. I'm still achy in my hand, AGAIN! I'm going to ask my doctor about this fatigue thing though. I am so tired all the time now that I can barely keep my head up. With the exception of a couple nights this week, I've been sleeping solid through the night and still wake up feeling like I ran a marathon. My limbs feel heavy and my eyes just want to close and sleep for a long time. This has been going on for over a month now.

Charlotte-It happened again today but not to the extent I was telling you about on Sunday. Nicole started throwing a fit in Lowe's and I just picked her up in my arms and carried her out kicking and screaming. I didn't yell or lose my cool. I just told her she wasn't being nice and so the shopping was done. I buckled her up in the carseat and she kept saying "I'll be good now" and I just told her we'd try next time. That was it. She didn't scream after that. I guess I'll just have to keep doing that with her. It must get the point across.

Joanne-What's Daytona Beach like? How exciting to be the Queen for your chapter! That is great. I'm like you. I don't know why everyone lets the kids get away with the drinking and drugs and stuff. My dad told me that if we ever got caught doing that, we'd be sitting in jail until he came and got us. That was enough to scare me to death. I never got in much trouble. Parents just don't care anymore. And if kids do get in trouble, all they seem to get is a little slap on the wrist and basically no consequences to their actions. The teenager now are not really going to grow up to be very responsible adults. That's scary.

Today is another sunny day around here...in the 70s. I bought some fertilizer at Wal Mart for the grass and we need to start getting the garden area ready for planting. I should be outside doing that but I just don't have any energy for it either. My cat is clawing at the window. She wants in. That's her way of knocking. The disturbing thing about her is she jumps the fence and then leaps onto the screen of our upstairs window by our bed and scares me half to death at night. Then she lets go and you can hear her slide all the way down the side of the house. She's strange. I can't seem to pick out a "NORMAL" animal. Mine all have their little quirks. Better get back to picking up the misc. things around the house.

Talk to you all later.
Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

I've been visiting a RA group on Yahoo and was picking their brains on extreme fatigue. A guy mentioned that I may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Do any of you have it? I read a couple of web pages and it sounds alot like me but there is a few other things that have alot of similarities....like bipolar disorders, depression, hypthyroidism, etc. I guess my best bet would be to visit my family doctor lady or get into my rheumatologist again.

Kelly is still sick. His throat hasn't changed at all and he's running a fever again. ALL of this while on antibiotics. He's giving it until the morning. If he doesn't feel better then, he's going back in. Last night I couldn't even sleep in the same room with him. He's a mouth breather at night and with his throat almost swollen shut, he doesn't get much air and that boy can snore...and then he gasps trying to get air. YIKES! I would start to doze off and he's startle me to death. Now Nicole took a late nap and she doesn't want to go to bed yet...This mom is tired.

~chris
Old 05-06-2005, 01:15 AM   #5  

Hi Chris .

I don't think I have CFS but FM is closely related. There are a LOT of Drs. that believe it is the same thing, but acting differently. I seem to have the fatigue more than the pain, anymore. It can be dibilitating for sure. However, lots of things can cause fatigue. I think, in my case, it is the meds I take for Atrial Fibrillation (heart), and a chronic yeast problem, caused from Cortisteroid shots. Now, I seem to be stuck with it.

I am in a catch 22,because I KNOW carbs make me tired. FM can have a reactive hyperglycemic thing going on. However, when I cut the carbs, my heart goes crazy. It sure doesn't like the SBD at all. So, I seem to be between a rock and hard place.

Angel, glad you got your treatment and hope that you are feeling much better now.

Joanne - congratulations. I bet you had a fun time. Hope your stomach is feeling better as well. Gosh, it is always something going on with us.

Well, tomorrow is hubby's 60th birthday. Will be having friends over for dinner and then on Saturday we will go to my daughters and spend the weekend. Another party there on Saturday night.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #6  
Hang In There

Funny how when I'm not feeling well, I think of all of you. Well, maybe it's not funny at all. I know you all understand, when I'm so fatigued I can't hold my head up or think straight, but still look like I could take on the world. I've been having a really bad week, but I remember all of you and somehow I don't feel so alone.

The stress of the business is still going strong, but at least we are still hanging in there. I had to sell my blue convertible because we needed the money, and it was like loosing a good friend. Even thought I haven't driven it in over a year, I really hated to see it drive away. But at least I know the girl that bought it will enjoy it as much as I did.

Well, that's all I know this morning, I'm still trying to wake up.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #7  

Good morning friends,
I do hope everyone is feeling fairly well this morning. I'm doing better now, since my treatment is "kicking in".

Chris...you did very well with Nicole. That may be the remedy for that problem, at least. If she likes to go shopping with you, then she is in the store ONLY if she doesn't misbehave. When she grows up, you'll have to tell her how much help you had from other resources. I hope you find an answer to your fatigue. I had thought about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but don't know anything about it. Hope DH gets better soon.

Happy Canuk...I know what you mean about the catch 22. I'm really anxious to find out if I can keep taking my treatments. Waiting on lab report about Lupus. Hope your DH has a great birthday!

Joanne...enjoy that beach.....even if I AM JEALOUS!!!

Ageoldie...I suppose you think I'm totallly crazy for what I said about my singing. Of course, I AM totally crazy ....but, I was responding to what someone else on another thread posted to me. I knew one day I'd get my threads mixed up!!

Did I tell you all that I'm going to be grandma again? We just found out. This makes #12!!!

Everyone have a good day.....
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  

Hi Barb and Angel.

Barb, nice to see you here this morning. It's nice to be thought of, even if it is when you are not feeling well. We all serve our purpose Too bad about having to sell your baby, but Iguess it was nice to have it TO sell, if you needed the cash. Hope you feel better as the day goes one.

Angel - I am glad you are feeling better. Hope it stays around for awhile. About your singing - well that is just nice. I also enjoy singing, but I can't think of ANYBODY that would want to listen to me However, there is nothing nicer than belting out songs - makes you feel good.

Chris - I forgot to mention about CFS. There is a blood test that is done. You usually have the EbsteinBarr Virus in your system if you have CFS. Here is a website that explains it http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/cfs.htm

Hope your hubby feels better soon. He should head back to the Dr.

Hope you all have a good weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to you all.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Anne, EBV...hum. How long does that stay in your system. I had mono when I was pregnant with Nicole. I'm going to have to ask my doctor at my next appt.

Hello everybody. Sorry so short but my brother is here and the house is getting active. MY sister is coming over too and I have to watch her kids for her while she gets her hair done. Hopefully it won't be some weird color when she's done. SHe's kind of notorious for that. Except she reacts badly to the black dye.... Everytime she ends up at the doctor for prednisone and antihistimines. Such a dork.

~chris
Old 05-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

When it rains it pours. I had to take Kelly to the ER today. He was on a service call and he'd been feeling strange all day. At this call, he got the feeling that something definitely wasn't right. He got in his van and couldn't remember how to start it. He couldn't remember how to run his computer and he knew he wanted to get home but couldn't remember the way to get home. He made it after he drove around for awhile until he saw the church down the street that looked familiar. He had me scared to death. I took him in right away and they were questioning him on the date, what meds he takes. He couldn't remember the date. He knew his meds but didn't know what he was taking them for. He was crying and so scared. Turns out he was dehydrated from this stupid strep infection. He also tested positive for EBV (the good old mono). Kind of wondering if that may be my problem too, with the fatigue and all.

I am just glad that he's okay. When he told me about his confustion and disorientation, I immediately thought stroke. He was drenched in sweat and white as a ghost. His temp was even low....96.2. Well that's enough excitement to last me for a bit. We stayed for 2 bags of fluids and they let him come home. HE's resting now and they want him to stay resting for the rest of the weekend.

I'm going to play a game on uproar.com and then go to bed.

~chris
Old 05-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYBODY
We are joining our son and his wife and her children for a nice meal tomorrow. It will be nice not to have to cook on a holiday..I hope all of you have the same. Joanne
Old 05-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #12  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Sorry I haven't been around....I've been so busy. I'll be gone early tomorrow, also, until late. Sure glad I had my treatment last week! I'll be back soon as I can. Chris.....sure hope DH gets better real soon.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #13  

Default Hey There

It is getting really warm here. I have loads of work in and out of the house.. I wish I had extra hands..
I think I am getting a cold. My sister has a bad one and yes we were in the same room for just a few minutes. She told me it is a virus going around. I go for a long time and catch nothing and then I catch everything that comes my way..
We had a lot of work on the trees in the yard done yesterday.
Hope everyone is well..Joanne
Old 05-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #14  

Good morning friends,
My heart is heavy with sadness today. My daughter miscarried her baby. It happened Sunday (on Mother's Day ), but she didn't let us know until last night. She is so upset & didn't want well meaning family & friends to keep saying "it's for the best". She kept hearing it from her DH's family. Paula has gone out of town to a motel to be alone for a few days. I am so worried. I know she'll be ok...but I want to hold "my baby" while she's grieving. Please pray for her.

Sorry I've been so busy. My sister & I went into business together, & it has taken a lot to get started. We bought a store called "Herbs Instead". It's been doing very well for 10 yrs in our town. We sell pills & creams & oils for everything. We are both very excited about it. She said that she wanted to take me by the hands & us jump up & down...but, we're neither one able.

Chrily... how is your DH doing? I do hope he's much better now. You poor thing. Getting more & more to have to handle. Hang in there!
Did your brother get to stay very long with you? I know it was nice having him there. I always wanted a brother, especially older than me. I had one 3 yrs older, but he died at birth. So, I was the middle of 3 girls. I hated being in the middle!

Joanne...it's really getting warm here, also. That cold (or they're calling it the "cruds") is going around now. Every other person you see, is down with it & losing their voice.

Happy Canuk...I think about you when I get so fatigued & wonder how you've made it all this time. I ask my Rheumy what I could do & he recommended exercise. With the OA, though, exercising is almost an impossibility. I'll just do what I can, when I can.
Yes, singing helps my feelings. Even if I'm home alone, I'll get out my equipment & mike & sing awhile. I makes me feel better....& of course, I need the practice!

Barb....Good to hear from you. I loooovvvee that musical signature!! You find beautiful graphics...but, that's my favorite of all!
I'm also sorry you had to sell your car you loved so much. Hope the stress lightens up for you.
Yes, I think of all of you when I'm not feeling well, also. It's probably because we all know & understand the problems we have.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I know some haven't been around in a long time. Hope they return.
Everyone have a great day!

Old 05-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Charlotte, So sorry to hear about your daughter's miscarriage. I bet that is hard on her. I couldn't begin to fathom what she must be going through. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

As far as Kelly goes. He's doing better. He's been back to work for 2 days now. He comes home and passes out in his recliner but I'm sure he's going to be very fatigued for awhile. But when it rains, it pours. Nicole went to bed on Monday with a runny nose and woke up in the middle of the night wheezing and coughing. Yesterday I sat with her in the rocker for almost the whole day. She was wheezing, coughing, vomiting, cranky, having labored breathing...you name it. I had to do nebulizer treatments on her all day. She's better today. Back to giving her opinions and being bossy. Right now she's parked in front of the tv watching a Veggie Tales movie-The Ballad of Little Joe. Her breathing is still kind of labored so a couple more nebulizer treatments and she should be good to go.

Congrats on your business! That's sound like a great opportunity for you and your sister. I bet you'll do great.

My brother only stayed for a few hours. He lives about 25 miles out of town and he came in with my niece. They were making the Mother's Day rounds and then they had to meet up with his ex-wife to watch their son play baseball. They have joint custody but she is the custodial parent. It was great to be able to visit with him. His current wife doesn't let him do much with the family any more. She's kind of crabby-and thinks she's better than most of us. Oh well. I pray for her and my brother every night. I'm nice to all of them and pray for them. Don't know what else I can do.

Hi the rest of you ladies. Joanne-Take care of yourself with that cold. My whole family went through most of the winter without a problem and now we seem to catch it all now. Wierd.

Well gotta pay my bills and get some housework done. I'll check back later.

~chris