Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Help! How Did I Gain It All Back In 2 Days!??

Ok well some of you may of read my post about losing 8lbs last week, well come Monday (May 2) I was 205, for a total of 10lbs lost since April 25th. Well I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was 215 again!! Same with today! What is going on!!???

I've been doing sooo good and I've been doing WAY better this week then I did last week and the week before and I lost weight then, now Im gaining it back!??

I'm following weight watchers and I've been doing good with sticking to my points target, and I've been exercising EVERY day, Monday I went for a 45 minute bike ride, Tuesday I did 30 minutes tae bo and 25 minutes of strength (full body) Wednesday I went for a 45 minute walk, today I did 20 minutes of Bootcamp cardio, 25 minutes strength (full body again) and went for a 20 minute walk...

I dont understand this and I feel sooooo frustrated b/c I was so proud of myself for losing 10lbs and now I just feel like giving up again b/c I feel like I'm not going to get anywhere I have read about people who have lost weight on weight watchers and the only exercise they did was a 30 minute walk every day...

PLEASE HELP ME!!! *Cries*
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #2  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Take a deep breath and don't panic!! Weight fluctuates *alot* You didn't gain 10 lbs of fat in a couple of days, just like you most likely didn't *lose* 10 lbs of fat in a little over a week. The bulk of the weight difference you've been seeing is most likely water.

It sounds like you've been doing an awesome job of eating well and getting lots of exercise. You're most like down a couple of pounds of fat, but it's hidden in the fluctuation from the water weight.

Please don't give up! Hang in there. My advice is to put the scale in the closet for a couple weeks and just keep doing what you've been doing. It can also be really helpful to take your measurements once a month. If you're getting a lot more exercise than you were previously, you're also going to be gaining muscle. This is a wonderful thing, but can make you crazy if you hop on the scale too often!
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:02 AM   #3  
I am doing it!

Um, get a new scale. Just from a mass balance thing (what you put in versus what you take out) I don't think that's possible. A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds. You would have to drink that much and NOT PEE AT ALL!

Is there a doctor's type scale you can use somewhere, like the gym? I have a fancy schmancy digital WW scale and it still goes nutso (it's being mean to me now, actually. Not as mean as your scale, though). The manual scales are MUCH more accurate than the home dial/digital scales. On my old scale, I learned how to step on it so I could show the lowest weight possible. As long as I stepped on it that way every day, that was okay.

Shoot the scale.
Elisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I also find that older scales tend to get "screwy", and that you want to weigh in:

~with the same GOOD scale each week
~only weigh in ONCE a week at most
~weigh first thing in the morning-nude or underwear

You are going to get less large fluctuations this way. If you weigh in first thing in the am in your underwear...and then weigh in the next time right after eating a meal and fully dressed-there may be a 3-4 pound difference just because of the food intake/clothing/etc. So make sure you are weighing in the same "way". Silly I know...

Yes-I would venture to say-get away from the scale for a while-and concentrate more on your food, exercise, etc. and maybe take your weigh ins down to every other week, or once a month-like the 1st of each month. Go more by the way you look, and the way your clothes fit.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #5  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think Im going to hide the scale and just keep doing what I'm doing for a bit and then maybe weigh myself once a month when I do measurements.

I always weigh in first thing in the morning, I used to do it in my pajamas or clothes until one day I weighed myself with my clothes on, and then off before I got in the shower and there was a 3lb difference, so now I always do it without clothes or just in my underwear! lol
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote