Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #1  

Question Help

I just want to know how much weight aprox. i would loose by only eating veggies and fruits and drinking LOTS of water for 2 months....
sweetvanillagirl911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

um...I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you want to TOTALLY screw your body up forever. I understand you may want the weight to come off quickly, so do I, trust me I wish there was some magic pill to take one night and by morning it would all be gone, but it just won't happen.

when you dont eat enough, you won't have enough energy, calories are energy, what we don't use we store to use later. When you don't eat alot, or not at all, your body will go into "starvation mode" where it will store EVERYTHING you eat to save and use later because it is trying to keep you alive and doesn't know when it will get food again, now mind you, just eating veggies and fruits your body won't have much to store and it won't be converted into fat like say a big mac would (fat is how our body stores things)

But what you will do is severly harm your body, your metabolism will slow, again this your body trying to keep you alive, therefore when you do start to eat alot again you won't burn it up as quickly b/c it is very hard to speed up your metabolism again.

I would suggest following a sensible diet and exercise regimen...try weight watchers, I think it is a great plan. Or just try to eat healthier, and stick within the recommended amout of proteins, carbs, veggies, fruits etc. Limit sugars, salts (salt isn't too good for you, and it causes you to retain water, which will lead to a higher number on the scale b/c of water rentention) and limit junk food/fast food. You can have it once and a while but try to make better choices about what you order (a salad instead of a burger, or just the burger hold the fries) Also try to get moving for at least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week minimum, I dont know how much you weigh or what you are capable of doing when it comes to exercise, but just try to do what you can and as you progress do more, and change up your routine, to keep your body guessing, that is KEY - you must keep your body guessing, when it comes to food/calories and exercise, it gets bored and it will get used to one thing and then it won't change for you!

PLEASE PLEASE don't starve yourself, it isn't worth it in the long run. If you would like to talk some more feel free to contact me!

*now if only I could follow my own advice! lol* I admit it is hard but we are here for you to keep you going. I'm in a bit of a slump myself right now, I lost 10lbs and over 2 days gained it all back somehow...lol *cant give up!!*

anyway hope that helps you...
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:41 AM   #3  

i understand thank ya
sweetvanillagirl911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

There are some other things that I would like to add:

~When you lose weight on the scale-there are different ways to lose it. You can lose water, you can lose fat, and you can lose muscle mass. Eating a diet of only fruits and vegetables will cause you to lose a LOT of muscle mass over the course of a two month period-because you will not be eating any protein. You need protein in your diet to sustain and fuel the muscles in your body. Different foods do different things-which is why variety is important. Fruits and vegetables are wonderful for you-they are high in fiber, and they have many wonderful antioxidants and phytochemicals in them-they load the body with vitamins, help prevent cancer and other ailments, and help slow the aging process. You should definitely eat them-but you need to eat other foods as well.

I recommend that you eat a reduced calorie diet-depending on your current age, weight, and activity level that includes both lean protein (fish, chicken breast, turkey, and lean cuts of beef, and maybe soy if you like it), and fruits and vegetables. If you enjoy starchy foods-try to choose oatmeal, whole grain cereals like shredded wheat or bran, and whole wheat breads and pastas instead of white. You should never eat below 1200 calories a day though. I average around 1400-1600 calories a day.

A healthy weight loss is 1/2 to 2 pounds per week. The first week you may lose a little more, because most people lose a little water weight the first week. It is also important to be active-and get some physical activity in each day. Find something you enjoy-whether it be walking, swimming, a dance class, a sport-whatever you like to do.

What I think is important, is that to lose weight effectively-and KEEP it off-it has to be a lifestyle change. You can't go on a drastic starvation diet and drop some quick weight over the course of a month (Which will most likely be the firm muscle that you want to keep!) and then go back to your regular lifestyle and expect for it to stay off. You have to lose weight in a way that you can keep up for the rest of your life-because you have to continue to eat better and exercise for the rest of your life, or the weight will come back on.

It is better to make small changes-like cutting out sodas and replacing it with water, or signing up (and going!) to a weekly yoga class-and slowly making these small lifelong changes in your lifestyle. By slowly changing your lifestyle you can lose weight slowly, and healthfully-and keep it off.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote