Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #1  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Talking Getting to know you...

Hi all, I noticed there are a lot of new people and I thought we should have a thread to get to know each other a little bit better! I copied this from the 100lb club (thanks guys!!) Do we have a mod over here? Maybe she can sticky it...

First name (if you want to tell): Megan

Geographical location: Connecticut

Marital Status: live in sin with BF

Children/Ages: none

Pets: two yorkies at my parents house (not really mine anymore since I moved out!), gidget and chachi... rob's cat (ugh), pretty

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, reading, working out, watching tv (or more in general... SITTING, lol), laid back social situations (ie a couple of friends at a bar or coffee shop)... the occasional crazy night

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: uh... does the date i was born count??? This present success started last July... don't know the exact date

Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 138

Goal Weight: i say 130 but i'm happy where i am... we'll see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i like food a lot, especially in social situations (like to go out to dinner, etc). Just have to curtail that a little bit. Also, I can eat most foods in moderation except for ice cream... i love it soo much, in college my friends and I used to go and get pints of ben and jerrys and just eat the whole thing in one sitting. now I just get a cone once in awhile instead of buying the whole container at the store.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well. i try to focus on whole grains, fruits and veggies and lean meat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i never really "got it," that I have to eat well forever. i always thought i had to cut certain things out and never eat it EVER again, but now i see i can have treats, just as long as i dont overindulge.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i will have progress pics soon!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #2  
Workin' it!!

First name (if you want to tell): Heather

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: live in sin with BF (ditto for me)

Children/Ages: none (again ditto)

Pets: Adorable pound puppy (sheltie/chow mix) named Princess

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping, being outdoors, looking at new houses

Height: 5'5" (ditto!)

Eye/Hair Color: green-hazel/light brown (chemically enhanced!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey?? March 22nd.

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 222

Goal Weight: Working on 165 right now; then probably going to take it down to 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My BF is an excellent cook and loves to cook for me. Also I inherited my dad's vicious sweet tooth.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and I would like to be in shape for possibly having kids sometime in the next couple years.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon!!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

First name (if you want to tell): Alicia

Geographical location: ohio

Marital Status: single

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping, being outdoors, Height: 5'5" (ditto!)

Eye/Hair Color:brn /light brown (chemically enhanced!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey?? Feb. 6.

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation

Following any specific plan: Eat healthy and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I loast more weight this time then last

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon!!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #4  
Just starting out!

What a great idea!

First name: Bekkah

Geographical location: Mesa, Arizona

Marital Status: I, too, live in sin with my bf.

Children/Ages: none, thank you, Depo!!

Occupation: Starting a new job Monday!! I'l be doing admissions for the University of Phoenix's online campus.

Pets: One beautiful, male two-year-old (this July) Golden Retriever named Cairo.

Hobbies/Interests: Bellydancing, dogs (but mostly Goldens, and especially mine!), cooking (kinda), home improvement (even though I rent).

Eye/Hair Color: brown/depends on the season. Right now light brown with lots of blonde highlights.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: What's my join date again??

Starting Weight: 153

Present Weight: 153 (c'mon, I JUST started)

Goal Weight: 125ish. Depends on how ripped I get. I'm more concerned with inches/size than weight.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation. I'm kinda results-NOW oriented, so if I'm working out but I don't fit back into my size 5 pants in a week I get kinda pissy, figure awfuggit, and go back to Applebee's blondie...

Following any specific plan: Yeah, the "I gotta get my butt to the gym" plan. Just overall trying to be healthier!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel different. I've never really committed to it before, but I am now. And my focus is really a lifestyle change, and long-term health. I just need a more active lifestyle.

Anything else you would like to share with us: If you notice I've been absent, PM me!! I welcome your nagging!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Great thread Megan!

First name (if you want to tell): Jessica

Geographical location: Rhode Island!

Marital Status: live in sin with BF (I'm number three I guess)

Pets: none, but I am obsessed with dogs. As soon as we get a house, I am getting a dog!

Hobbies/Interests: Long walks (esp. through botanical gardens), long drives with no destination, knitting (though none recently b/c I have some wrist trouble), reality TV, dogs, SHOPPING, getting dressed up, and like Megan, laid-back social situations with friends and the occasional wild night! (I don't think I've had a really wild night since graduating college though!)

Eye/Hair Color: eyes -- mixture, depending on the light can look green or blue, with gray rims, and some yellow specks (I know, they're weird), hair -- medium brown with some golden brown highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Around August 10 (when we moved to Providence) for the current one . . .

Starting Weight: around 185 (didn't weigh myself very carefully back then)

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: Ultimate goal (for now, we'll see how I feel when I get there) is 130, current mini-goal is 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food. I was raised in a family where every good thing is celebrated with food, and every bad thing is consoled with food. We went out to restaurants 4-5 times per week, I had TV dinners and frozen breakfasts, and I ate candy bars and pizza for lunch at school. Fast food for lunch every weekend. AND I have a sweet tooth that's definitely bigger than Rhode Island! I also love to bake. And my favorite social activity is going out to eat. And that whole fitness thing.

Following any specific plan: Low-calorie, low-fat, exercise, avoid junk

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am finally living in my own apartment with my own kitchen (well, shared with my bf), instead of at home or in a college dorm, so now I have no excuse if I eat crap. Also, this time I am exercising a lot more and a lot more reliably than I have before, and I'm committed to eating well for life (though chances are once I hit goal weight I will not be so strict about calorie counting).

Anything else you would like to share with us: This website has made weight loss and exercise so much easier for me! It's really great to see other people's successes and have someone to rant to when things aren't going well.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

First name (if you want to tell): Jessie

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Marital Status: engaged

Occupation: babysitter and nurses assistant (taking break from it right now)

Pets: Lola, my almost 3 year old chihuahua/jack russell mix

Hobbies/Interests: crocheting, cooking, reading, taking pictures, occasionally drawing, I love music, I'm drawn to water (but I can't seem to drink the daily reccomended ammount ), chihuahuas, medical type shows

Eye/Hair Color: blue/right now it's dark brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've started and stopped so many times...I'm on a break right now.

Starting Weight: 254

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: I'm thinking about 150....but I bet it'll be more like 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm trying to deal with the overwhelming stress in my life...finding new ways to deal with it besides eating. So basically emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment. But I do enjoy Dr.Phil's book and Bob Green's Get With The Program.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This one I can't really answer since I'm really not trying to do anything about my weight right now. I can say I eat much leaner cuts of meat and way more fruits and veggies than I used to

Last edited by Jessie_777; 05-04-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #7  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

First name (if you want to tell): Leanne

Geographical location: Las Vegas, NV

Marital Status: married for 4 & 1/2. been together for 9

Children/Ages: not yet but when I lose the weight...it's on!!

Pets: the loves of my life-Trambo(mut) and Wendy (a beautiful Vizsla), 2 birds (Henry & Roger) & 3 fish

Hobbies/Interests: I crochet, make diaper cakes, quilting, and I LOVE to swim.

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 22nd

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: I want 130 but I'll take anything below 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just need to not give up when I slip up.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I believe I can do it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to Mexico in October and I want to look decent in a bikini. Am I kidding myself?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

First name (if you want to tell): Jennie

Geographical location: Steel City (pitsburgh, PA)

Children/Ages: son/4

Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog, and a fish, when my son and I move out, we are only taking 1 cat and the fish

Hobbies/Interests: Mostly I do kid things but I like to snowboard, make anything(build it, sew it, paint it what ever), dance, read books, go to the movies

Height: 5'7"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec '04

Starting Weight: 241

Present Weight: 223

Goal Weight: I think I'd like to be 150 but I don't realy know because I cna't remember ever being under 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to cook and eat good food. Not junk food but I just eat to much of it I guess. Plus, I get discouraged to easily and tend to give up. I got to just keep at it.

Following any specific plan: WW and working out. I really like to excersise I just need to do that and eat well or I won't lose at all.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I amt ruely commiting my self to do it. This is for the rest of my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope to be at my goal by the time I am 30 around a year and a half away so that I won't be fat the rest of my life. I HAVE to stick to it
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 PM   #9  

First name (if you want to tell): Tara

Geographical location: Tennessee

Pets: 2 wonderful chihuahuas, Kenobi and Anakin

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, love movie quotes, playing with my babies, love watching House MD

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hm.....its an off and on thing. Probably last september.

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: 10% at first and trying to get a commited schedule.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food. I will go to the gym and work out but I just cant stand dieting. I hate it!

Following any specific plan: exercise alone right now 2-3 x per week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I cant even walk long distances. Im realizing Im getting older and older every day and this is only going to get harder and harder. I want to have the energy to enjoy my youth before its too late and its just a regret I have when Im older.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ive already bought my Star Wars tickets! Im seeing the midnight showing on the 19th. Woo hoo!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #10  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Oregon, but soon to be very Eastern Washington/very Western Idaho

Marital Status: DH Dave, for 8 months today!

Occupation: elementary education student/art director in advertising/nanny

Pets: one cat, Kitty, that no longer lives with me, she's staying at Grandma's

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, movies, gymratting, running, sewing clothes, beading my own jewelery, prime-time TV, cooking, reading

Height: 5'7"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2003

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: 170ish

Goal Weight: I dream of 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My issues with food. I've pretty much got the workout thing down - now it's all a matter of making time for me and making the right food choices

Following any specific plan: not really - reducing caloric intake, upping caloric burn

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is actually the first time I've ever tried to lose weight - I must be awesome at this!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 AM   #11  

First name (if you want to tell): Amber

Geographical location: Indiana-Northern

Marital Status: DH Michael-married 8 years in August

Children/Ages: Roman is 5 and Anastasia is 4.

Occupation: SAHM-at least until they are both in school so I have 2 more years.

Pets: one dog-Shadow-she's a collie/chow mix but looks like a golden retriever. She'll be 9 in December.

Hobbies/Interests: movies, TV (lots of primetime TV), cross stitching, spending time with kids, scrapbooking

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown (it's currently on the verge of blonde thanks to Nutri Garnisse)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've always been overweight (since I was around 9 or 10 at least). My high weight was 207. I started last summer and was down to 184 and stopped again. My CURRENT start date is March 22.

Starting Weight: 184

Present Weight: 181.5 (tomorrow is my weigh in day)

Goal Weight: I'm shooting for 140, but i'd rather be 130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My family is food oriented. We always ate out as a child and that's our big family time together...not going to movies or on a walk but going out to eat. I also love chocolate and don't like to sweat. I'm doing TONS better with exercise and just have to keep the food thing under control.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories (1400-1600 a day...usually 1600), exercise 30 minutes to 1 hour 5 Times a week and 2-3 days of toning a week...plus 8 glasses water a day and try to eat healthier food. I'm going to try to shake things up a bit to give this weight loss a kick in the butt.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My husband NEEDS to lose weight for his health. Since I've started trying to lose weight he has too. Motivating him, even though I'm not losing much of anything, is going to make me keep going! Even though I keep going up and down on the scale, he's lost 20 pounds so that's enough for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm diabetic and on meds and insulin. It's making it hard for me to lose the weight. I've been as low as 179 and keep going back up. I have lost an inch on my waist and 3/4 on my hips so I am trying to stay motivated!

We all CAN DO THIS!!
AmberM
Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #12  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Dallas (Carrollton) Texas

Marital Status: living w/Boyfriend of 11 years (talk about living in SIN!)

Children/Ages: Sage - 7 year old girl

Pets: Pug/Terrier mix: Sabrina

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Poker (online - addicted!), Music (Hard Rock), shopping for clothes!

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Mixed (brown, red and blonde)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2004

Starting Weight: 246

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 135 (I think - depends on what I look/feel like at 150)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Drinking Beer. I love me some beer and it is BAD for me!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers, and so far so good!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I an seeing results (finally!) and it is pushing me on

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't think of anything really. I am really excited about the weight that I have lost and I am really ready to get the rest of my weight off. Also its really great to find such a great bunch of people that I can talk to whenever I need a little boost
Old 05-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #13  

First name (if you want to tell): Joni

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: engaged

Pets: 3 mutts at my parents house, the only one who I live with is Lexi a Shih- Tzu mix

Hobbies/Interests: I love just spending quiet time with my fiance, walking the puppy, cuddling, watching movies, etc. I also LOVE to shop and drive my car (I know it sounds weird but my Fi and I are car people)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It really started in Aug 04, but I got serious about it in Feb 05

Starting Weight: 178

Present Weight: 156

Goal Weight: 130-135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE food. My Fiance and I used to dine out as a hobby! (ugh) And I have emotional eating issues as well

Following any specific plan: Im just trying to make better choices overall, trying to drink water, eat my fruits and vegetables etc

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im engaged so I have a constant goal in mind. Everytime I over eat I see myself getting further and further away from where I want to be for my wedding.

Anything else you would like to share with us: hmm I dont think so
Old 05-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

First name (if you want to tell): Katrina

Geographical location: Denver

Marital Status: Been w/BF for 1 1/2 yrs. We don't live together though.

Pets: My baby Jada, she's a 6mth old min pin and Josie my box turtle.

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, movies, reading, working out, going to sports events, hanging with friends.

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time 3/05, but I've been trying to lose weight since before I can remember.

Starting Weight: 238(my all time high in 2001), but 178 this go around

Present Weight: 166

Goal Weight: I say 128, but I will be really excited when I hit 138 and it will be 100 lbs gone!! Like a lot of you have said though I'll probably have more of an idea when I hit 145-150.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making smart choices when I go out to eat.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and I try to stay around 1200 calories a day which of course doesn't always happen.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm really taking exercise serious!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I appreciate everyones support and I really enjoy reading everyones posts.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

First name (if you want to tell): Jina

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married for five years.

Children/Ages: None

Pets: My cute dog, Maggie, a Pointer mix; and a turtle, Ralph.

Hobbies/Interests: Watching/following baseball, playing sports, shopping, movies, music, exercising, cooking, gardening, animals and photography.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Light brownish-auburnish (thanks to chemical enhancement)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I think October 2004, this go-around.

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Avoiding sweets -- I love sugar!

Following any specific plan: Started off with Atkins and have moved more toward low-carb now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It has lasted more than a few weeks.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not that I can think of...
Closed Thread