Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Mother's Day!! AHHHHHH!!!!

As Mother's Day quickly approaches, I realize that all my plans revolve around food.

A Mother's Day BRUNCH for my mom @ 10:00 and dinner with DH's mom later that night. I have planned to save ALL my flex points for that day. There is no way that I am leeting this holiday spoil my ON PLAN streak that I have going!!

I know on the brunch I should be able to choose fruit and maybe some chicken of some sort. Since I am SUCH a sweets person, I plan on trying to make my meal on the healthier side so I can have dessert.

Anyone else have scary plans.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 AM   #2  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Sandi

Sounds like an awesome plan! It's great that you're already thinking ahead... don't forget about that on the day! That's usually where I blunder. All of a sudden I realise I have a cookie in my mough lol

Hey when is Mother's Day by the way? I'm living in the UK and mom is still in the US and mother's day is defferent over here - don't want to miss her on the day!
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:05 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sounds like a good plan Sandi. We are having our moms over here for a cookout. They are both on diets also so it will be a healthy menu all the way.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #4  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
Sounds like a good plan Sandi. We are having our moms over here for a cookout. They are both on diets also so it will be a healthy menu all the way.
Same here. My daughter and I are going to my mom's house and grilling but she is on a diet (South Beach, I think) so everything will be A-OK
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It's on Sunday here!!!

I think I could have skipped the brunch, but I know that's what my mom really enjoys and I figure this lifestyle change is all about living through "normal" situations on plan.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Okay, Sandi - when you get to the brunch and dinner, make sure you remind everyone how well you're doing with your weightloss and how you've stayed on plan for over three weeks. That way you, and everyone else, will be very mindful of what you put on your plate! Its not really shaming you into behaving, but more like encouraging you to keep going! I'm sure the brunch will have lots of fruit and grilled meat options (hey, there'll be lots of wonderful veggies, too ) and then you can get your sweet treat and really enjoy it because you won't be bloated from overeating.

We're doing a pot-luck at my mum's for Mother's Day. I know temptations will abound, but I'm bringing a fruit tray (with my low-fat "Pina Colada" dip), a veggie tray (with SAPF's "Pink Dip") and my brother-in-law is cooking salmon steaks on the grill - so I'll be fine. I might have the teeniest slice of the cake my dd is bringing for all the mums, but as long as I stay away from the seven layer dip, cheese and spinach tarts, potato chips and chocolate peanut butter bars I'll be just fine!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My mother chose to go here: http://waterstreetbrewery.com/menu.htm# for brunch on Sunday. After that I am hers. I have already planned out my meal from there.

Seltzer w/lime to drink

ARTICHOKE HEART BENEDICT
Two poached eggs served on a toasted English muffin with sautéed artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and covered with Hollandaise sauce. $8.95
(Served with seasoned baby red potatoes and fresh fruit)

^^^very light on the sauce, half the potatoes & twice the fruit. Or maybe I will give my mother the potatoes.

My stepmother got flowers for her birthday last week & still hasn't said thank you. She gets nothing.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I don't have anything planned for that day. Horrible I know. Jeff is working and I will go and visit mom and give her her gifts but I know I'm going to just lie in bed all day and do nothing. Our Expo is on Saturday and I'm going to be pooped from it. I already have my menu planned out for that day though.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Jill ~ could you share the recipe for the low fat pina colada dip?

and SAPF ~ could you share the recipe for the pink dip? They sound good.

Thanks
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Equal parts salsa & fat free sour cream, Gayle. It's in Gretchen's recipe thread.

I might change my mind for the meditteranean omelette. I find that the earlier you get your fruit & veg in, the easier it is to stay sated & plan the rest of your day.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

Looky in here, Gayle - lots and lots of wonderful recipes! By the way, I lied, my dip isn't low-fat....its fat-free!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38674
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:54 PM   #12  
missaprylj

No plans here for Mother's Day.... can't IMAGINE why...
Old 05-05-2005, 02:03 AM   #13  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Mother's day is also my birthday, so the only definite plan I know of, is going to my fiance's parents for dinner. My parents are both in the US right now. I requested beef dip, my future MIL makes the best beef dip, and I figure it's pretty healthy, all things considered.

Sundays I also have softball practice for 2 hrs in the afternoon, so that's the extent of what I'll be doing.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #14  
mom5kidz

No major plans here - going to see my mom and then my g'mother - usually we don't eat - but DH said something about taking "us" out to eat, meaning my mom too - don't know for sure, but if DH says that, then we probably will.
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #15  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

We've got no big plans either, actually we were planning on visiting my SIL and her new baby. Generally though stuff like this doesn't revolve around eating though. That's one of the things I hate about our culture, every holiday, every event has got to have some kind of food associated with it. You can't just go and have a visit with someone without having food shoved at you or you have to plan to have food otherwise you are being inhospitable.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote