Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #1  
MommySalami

Default No Nutritional info for restaurants???

Wasn't there a law passed that made it so that ALL foods had to have a nutritional information available to people???

I wrote to RED ROBIN gourmet burgers asking for their nutritional database and this is what I received:
Hi Lisa,

Red Robin (Gourmet Burgers) does not currently have nutritional information to distribute. We do, however, recognize the importance of enabling our guests to make informed eating choices. Therefore, we are in the process of evaluating our ingredients in an effort to provide you as much data as possible, about as many ingredients as we can. In the meantime, we will do our best to prepare your favorite Red Robin menu item to meet your dietary needs...just ask your server.

Thank you for being a Red Robin Guest!

How disappointing!!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:08 PM   #2  
it's always something

As far as I know, the bill has not passed yet. I think many restaurants are preparing their nutrition data, just in case. This will only affect chains that have a lot of restaurants, and will only be required for standard menu items, not specials.

Interesting link:
http://www.restaurant.org/government...s_labeling.cfm
Closed Thread