Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #1  
Athlete in Training

Lightbulb Core recipes vs. Core recipes

I have a question. It is a three parter.

There is a sticky thread called Core Recipes. Then there is a forum at the top of the page called Core Recipes. It looks like the forum has more recipes than the sticky thread.

1. Are there recipes in the sticky thread that are not in the forum?

2. When we want to post a recipe, where should it go?

3. Is there a reason to have both of these? Can we eliminate one and have one place to go for recipes? Do you need someone to sift through and consolidate?

(Can you tell I'm an organizer?!?)

-- Terry
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #2  

Terry, I can answer that, as the resident recipe organizer (although I haven't been too good at it lately.) In the beginning, we had the sticky thread. It got too long to sift through, so someone created our Recipes subboard. I transferred most everything from the sticky thread to the sub-board a while back. Since then, we've added a lot of new ones to the sub-board. Some new ones have been added to the sticky as well, by people who didn't notice the sub-board or whatever. I've tried to move those to the sub-board as well, but some may not have been moved. I think we're trying to stay with the sub-board, because it is easier to search. If you want to go through the sticky to make sure we haven't missed any, that'd be great. I don't think we need the sticky anymore, after that's done. Anyone else?

Angela
Old 05-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, you are, of course correct. Kathy seems to know how to get stickies add and probably removed. I'd like to see us get rid of the sticky once we know we have everything in the board/subboard at the top.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I contacted a mod, who makes posts sticky. They can also remove a thread. It would be really nice to have a Core board member who is a mod and I would volunteer (since I've been an admin/mod on all the other boards I've ever been on, and co-owned a shopping board for several years). The last time I asked how to get something done, I was told that the Core board has three mods. I've never heard of two of them, and Spryng is the third but hasn't been hanging around here since the fall since she hit her goal and went to maintenance.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'd trust us in your hands!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #6  
Athlete in Training

Kathy, I'd be happy to sift through the recipes and alert you (or whoever has the power to move them) as to which ones are unique to the sticky thread.

Lemme know if this would be helpful.

-- Terry
Old 05-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

kathy, it would be great if you'd be our mod. thank you for offering.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #8  
Athlete in Training

I just tried posting a creative E N D note to the sticky recipe thread and it didn't quite come out. Looks like my spacing was removed when I hit the Submit button.

I think people will get the message though.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

For now, it would be best if we had that thread locked so nobody could post in it. Then maybe after we know for certain all the recipes are pasted into the sub-board, we can ask for the thread to be deleted since it'll be a duplicate.
Closed Thread