Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Candida and Low Carb

Hi Everyone!

I have severe asthma and was just diagnosed with Severe Candida overgrowth.

I thought I would share some info that has helped me so far with my battle. I have been reading a lot and did the quick test before going back to my doctor to be tested.

Here is a link to the quick test: http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ic.php?t=72151

Here is some great reading (albeit on an Atkins board as that is my WOE of Choice but it will work with all LC WOE): http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ic.php?t=58870

I am eating the KISS way (second link down at the bottom of the first post) but in 6 days not only have I lost 7.5 pounds, but I am also noticing that my asthma is better!

Just though I would share with you in case you would want to see if it works for you.

Incidentally, The spit test is valid, according to my Allergist!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'll do the spit test in the morning. And now that you brought this up and I read through it....I'm wondering if the ONE soda (Dt Coke) I allow myself a day is the reason I've stalled even though I've stayed OP. Thanks for this information!! It's a real help!! Tomorrow it's caffeine and soda free. Oh man, I can feel the withdrawal headache now. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Ok....THAT was gross!!!!!! So now I've got to figure out how to cut processed (venison sausage. YUMMY!!) and cheese (?) out of my diet for a while. Dang, as if cutting out soda wasn't bad enough!! Hmm..maybe it was the nuts I was eating? Could 1 food cause it but not the others? Well, I'll cut down on processed foods and cut my cheese intake down, skip the nuts and see what happens. ONWARD!!!!
Thanks for this information Karen!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Karen OH GROSS !!! GAG HAAAAAAAAAA !! I didn't do the test but I read her directions and ICKY. One thing that is great is you don't have to pay a doctor (if this is true) to find out LOLOL.

ROFL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Glad you all liked it!

I know it is gross, but it works! I know mine is from all the prednisone and Antibiotics I have been on through my adult life. (of course eating sweets and other yeast feeding foods probably helped)

I already feeling better though! Weight is moving and the asthma is starting to feel better.

Definately start with that KISS program... It will help!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #6  

Hi girls I was wondering where I can find the list for the food list for this diet. Thanks in advance. J
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbm
Hi girls I was wondering where I can find the list for the food list for this diet. Thanks in advance. J
jbbm - the list can be found at the links on this page http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ic.php?t=58870

Definately read through the post before clicking on the links and it will tell you which to start with
Old 05-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  

Thank you so much Karen. I am Julie and we have talked before about Atkins and PCOS. Not for a while. We use to talk on the SAHM board but I do not go there anymore. But it is nice to see your new picture. You look great. I am having terrible sugar and carb cravings. Pms is killing me. I know I just have to cut them (bad carbs) out cold turkey. But constipation keeps catching up with me and supplements make me so nauseated. I have tried all the supplements but only thing that works are laxatives which I know are bad. I want to go see a naturalpath about it. But I will look into the KISS for sure. With summer coming, it will be great to find all of these veggies. The lady on that board has had done a great job. Keep up the great work and I am sure all of your classmates will think you look wonderful. Nice talking to you again.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbm
Thank you so much Karen. I am Julie and we have talked before about Atkins and PCOS. Not for a while. We use to talk on the SAHM board but I do not go there anymore. But it is nice to see your new picture. You look great. I am having terrible sugar and carb cravings. Pms is killing me. I know I just have to cut them (bad carbs) out cold turkey. But constipation keeps catching up with me and supplements make me so nauseated. I have tried all the supplements but only thing that works are laxatives which I know are bad. I want to go see a naturalpath about it. But I will look into the KISS for sure. With summer coming, it will be great to find all of these veggies. The lady on that board has had done a great job. Keep up the great work and I am sure all of your classmates will think you look wonderful. Nice talking to you again.
I thought I recognized your handle! Hi Julie! I am glad to see you here! I dont go over to the SAHM area anymore either! Post with us here! We would love to have you!

I am anxious for my class reunion! I weigh about 20 pounds less now than I did at my 10 year so I am really excited to go back!

talk to you soon!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #10  

Karen you go girl, they are going to be all in shock to see you I bet. Doesn't it feel good when someone notices how nice you look? All of your classmates will, I am sure. I don't get it very often being a Sahm but when I get "dolled up" it is so nice to get to get compliments!! You are going to be one hot Mama!! Thanks for the Welcome. I have been posting on another thread for a very long time, they are like all my best girlfriends. But I will try and check in here often. Nice to talk and catch up with you again . Julie
Old 05-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

A dear friend of mine did the yeast diet, and she is a very bad asthmatic, it did help her greatly untill she went off plan, it is not unsimilar to atkins or similar WOE except the cheese and a few things that are eliminated in the first few weeks then slowly added back. IOnteresting with the spit test. HHHMM should I try it?? I have very few mornings in a month that I am not up and running within an hour. But just maybe!!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote