Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *MaY WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds*

Okay... here goes...
My goal for MAY will be 50 miles...
with the hopes to reach 60 miles

I set a goal for 25 last month and went way past it,
so I thought I'd give it another go that way
If it worked once... who knows

I sure do hope to see all you lovely ladies back here and
getting ready for the Summer - you know... that
nice warm sunny weather that some of us
in OHIO are still longing for!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #2  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Sunny, Thanks for starting the new thread! And a GREAT job getting in *OVER* twice as many miles as you had intended! That's phenom, girl! I don't doubt you'll reach May's goal of 50mi! Keep up the fantastic work! I was talking earlier on last week to a friend of mine about the plateau that I was stuck at and she said "Even if you've plateaued your body is still benefitting from all those walks so keep it up!". And it's so true. So while the scale might be *TEMPORARILY* stuck on one number, you're still working towards a healthier YOU. I truly believe that's far more important than any number the scale reads.

Selina, Glamour shots are a fantastic way to reward yourself! And after seeing your signature pic, I don't doubt they'll be anything less than AMAZING! I'm sorry to hear about your whole watermelon-fiasco! I so enjoy watermelon... can eat an entire one to myself in a couple days! Such a wonderful, healthy snack! Mmm! I really commend you for logging EVERY thing you eat... that's so important, especially so you can look back over and evaluate where you saw better results than at other times. Keep up the great work!

Cathy, How's your son doing? Much better, I sure do hope! Please let us know!

To everyone else, I'm really looking forward to hearing from all of you... best wishes on ALL your monthly goals! Take care and stay HAPPY and HEALTHY!

As for me, I managed to come in at exactly 70mi. I was too close to doubling my goal of 35, that I just *HAD* to get 4 more in. This month I'm setting my goal at 50. I doubt I'll be able to double that. Ontop of my walking goal, I'm hoping to lose another 5lbs by the 22nd (our first wedding anniversary!). We're planning a very elegant dinner party and I'm hoping to buy a fancy new dress! So we'll see.

Anyways ladies, best of luck this month! I just *KNOW* we can do it! Keep up the *AMAZING* work... ALL of you!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies,

I have set my goal for may which is 30 miles. I feel confident about it. It's a bit conservative but I am going for consistency as much as anything.

SunnyD, you're awesome and so inspirational!

Macdeez, first anniversary - how special. Good luck with your goal. I know you can do it.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning walkin buddies!

gosh you gals are doing great! AWESOME! and your miles put me to shame!

I need a walk so bad but I don't see any way possible that I'm gonna get one today. *sigh*

As ya'll know, life gets in the way at times, and this month is not gonna be any better. My youngest son is graduating from high school on May 20, and we will throw him a party afterwards. I have 6 graduation services to be at in a 10 day period so I already know my walking will take a back seat to "life" this month. And honestly I'm a little overwhelmed by the aftermath of my oldest son's totaled truck and doctor visits, and paperwork, etc. But I will do what I can, because the Good Lord knows I need all the exercise I can get, both for my mental and physical well being!

My goal is simply to do what I can this month!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh Mel, you asked how my son is doing. He is healing up well. His chest and stomach are really purple and gold and blue - heck - every color under the sun really. But he is healing up and doesn't say much about the pain. It is noticeable when he moves around that he is sore. But he went back to work on Friday nite and Sunday afternoon (he works at a video & game rental store), so he getting around. We are chaffeuring him and playing musical cars. Hopefully we will hear about a rental car this week??? but you know how insurance companies and attorneys are - sloooooooow. ;-)

thanks for asking.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! My goal this month is 20 miles. I'm hoping to do more than that, but with my work schedule, I'm trying to be realistic. So glad to be a part of this inspirational group. Keep up the good work!
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #7  

Smile

Hello Gals!
It's WONDERFUL too see you all here

Cathy, I am so glad to hear that your DS is doing better... and I feel terrible that I didn't ask again I think I did on the last thread... anyway, I am glad to hear he's on the mend. I do hope that the insurance companies come through for your soon So good to see you back

6 graduations in a DAY Well, that's what happens when you have a child graduating you have to make all his friends graduation parties too

Mel, You are very welcome! I wasn't sure if Cathy would make it to start one... glad to see she is here & all is well I have such a hard time keeping up with all the threads I belong to sometimes --- but I just have to visit 'all' you lovely people when I can Good to see you back

Yes... but I won't be doing that this time I have set a MAY walking goal for 50 miles... You see, I have this theory... if I set my goal for 25 miles last month and did 52 --- maybe if I set my goal for 50 I can make 60 w/o a problem I know... strange, but it works for me Now... ... ... I will NOT double the 50... but setting the goal lower just makes it easier to focus w/o the anxiety I have enough of that in my life

I do hope you are right and I see results soon... I have to be honest and say that I have had morning's where I wanted to just give up (those mornings on the scale!) - but I am hanging in there... in hopes *Thanks* for the encouragement!!!

Cindy Gail... you are so sweet, I know how I get at times with trying to get in my workout even when I don't see the results I hope for... so when I encourage all of you ~ know that I am speaking to myself as well You will reach your 30 miles and feel great! Good job last month girl!! Goal of 25 and you did 28.25 Awesome! Good to see you back

Healthy4Life, Your goal sounds great! You know what you can do... and no one needs more stress, right Good to see you back

*~*~*

Was only 36*here in Ohio this morning... way too chilly to walk outdoors at 5am, so on the T-Mill I went I got in 3.5 miles this morning and about 20 min of stretching time... I have not taken enough time to stretch and I am feeling it! SoooTight! So I made sure to do it this morning!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Ok it's Monday weigh in! I'm 203. Yay! Better than 206! LOL. How is everyone doing? Hope your Monday is going well! Thanks Sunny! I just hope I can do better this month! I'm wishing you glorious weather! Ours is soooooo nice right now! Loving it.. the pool opens this weekend!

Mel! I do love my watermelon. And you are doing sooooo well! I'm so jealous! Sooooo, will it be a little red or black dress?? LOL. I'm partial to black but love red and blue too, among others.

Hi Healthy, you are doing great! Keep it up!

Cathy, so happy your son is doing better now. Hope the rental car is quick! Hate waiting! And Congrats to the one graduating! My brother is too, from college, I think I had mentioned it. Think I'm wearing a black skirt, just above the knee with a little flounce around the bottom hem, with a cute top and black shoes and hose. My mom and dad and everyone are all thinking we'll go dancing afterward so that'll be fun! Cathy, keep it up. Just the fact that you are so consistent inspires me to be also. I love your diligence. Look how many posts you have!

Cindy, you are right, the consistency is what really gets us through. Good going! I'm going for 10,000 steps every day of the week, with at least 2 days with over 12,000, if not all days with that much. I am happy with 10K, but I know 12K each day would do me better. To get to that much, I usually have to jog/walk in front of the TV each evening for at least 30 mins or more, plus whatever I had all day long. I go for more long walks on weekends.

Ok, gotta go y'all! The dishes are calling me! Hugs!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #9  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wink

Hi ya'll. Well I'm here for May. Hoping to do better than April. Too much going on in April. I only managed to get in 7.5 miles in April so I'm really hoping to get in much more. I'm going to set my goal at 25 since I've done absolutely NOTHING lately. I'm going to try a new tactic and go to the YMCA at lunch. We'll see how it works today. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Glad your son is doing better Cathy. And the other one graduating! I hope you do get some walking in. Sure will help with the stress and your sanity during all the pressure.

Take care gals. See ya later.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #10  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Amy, what a cute new shoe! Hope your YMCA lunch date goes well! We are so swamped around here I'm scared my DH is gonna wanna put off the Y til yet another weekend. And I need him to go with me to sign up bc the toddlers will run (and the kids aren't too keen about standing still for long either) and all that when I'm trying to fill out the form! So, I wait... Once we are signed up, I'll just have to walk them to the kids' area then go workout! Yay!

Hey Sunny! How is the weather up there now?? Still nice here.. but soon enough it'll be so humid we can't breathe and so hot you can fry an egg on our sidewalk! LOL. Love love your little pics. So cute!!

Hugs to all of you, Cathy, Cindy, Mel and Healthy and everyone else! Hope your week is going well. I ended yesterday with good water, good food (1047 cals, 14 grms of fat), plus 16,870 steps, which is over 8 miles for me. Yay! Wish I could keep that up.. I'm really aiming for 10-12K a day, and 1200 cals with around 30 grms of fat. Behavior modification, right? LOL.

I just hope Monday weigh in shows a change for the better!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #11  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Thanks Selina! Glad you like the new shoe. Hope you get to go to the Y this weekend. Well my buddy ended up not being able to go to the Y at lunch so I went to the park by myself instead . I got in 2 laps. I think its 1/2 a mile. They have taken the markers off the pavement and I left my pedometer at home. But I'll say its 1/2 a mile. Glad I did it. Well I'd better get to work. Just wanted to report. Later!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #12  

Good morning buddies! I got in 1.5 miles yesterday. It was a nice, refreshing after-work walk. Plan to get more in this week. We haven't been having usual spring weather here, and I hope to get out like SunnyD does early in the a.m. and log in some miles. Have a great day everyone. Keep up that walking!
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #13  

Smile Checking in...

Good Morning my friends!

Sorry that I haven't been around these days... I have just been up to my ears with work that my hubby has asked me to get done and work I needed to catch up with myself - & I haven't had any time to myself for play I will later though. I haven't even walked in 2 days and I FEEL IT too! I gotta get in a walk today!!!

You gals are doing SUPER!!!!
Keep up the great job

You gotta KNOW I am feeling swamped - this is in black print & no pics!

*HUGS*
*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><
Old 05-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #14  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Hey everyone! Sunny! I understand being swamped. Hope u can slow down some soon!

Hi Healthy, Amy, Cathy, Mel, and Cindy! How are you all?

Yay! I'm hoping to get into Onderland by next week. I will not change my ticker til Monday but this a.m. I showed 202. Slow but it's going! I'm doing very well with food, water and exercise. And I am reading 8 Minutes in the Morning for ppl who want to lose over 30 lbs. Has some great tips to add to ours!

Hugs to everyone! Have a great weekend!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all,

So far this month I have walked 4 3/4 miles so I'm on my way. Thanks for the encouragement everyone, it really helps!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote