Old 05-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default The Cluck-Monday 5/2

Man, am I ever tired. Don't know why. And I made it through the weekend OP!! Well, except the cookie that I thought was LC but it was just SF!!! ARGH. But otherwise I consider it a win!! I've decided to go on induction (or try) for 2 weeks and see if that'll jump start the weight loss again. If not, not sure what I'm going to do. So I'm going to give it a MAJORLY SERIOUS try for induction and if that doesn't work then maybe Atkins isn't for me any longer. What you all think??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #2  

Good morning Brenda: I don't know.......try induction again and see what happens. Make sure after induction that you start to add in more fruits and some whole grains. It keeps it from getting boring....and if you do it correctly you should still lose. I'm with you on the tired part...

Well, I for one am going back to low carb! I did the low cal thing all last week and was starving! And to boot all I lost was 1 pound! Geez. Low carb is just better for me. I am not hungry and I lose faster. So off I go!!!!! Back on low carb. Gave away some food this weekend too....got to get it out of the house!

Had a little too much wine yesterday so I am a bit....under the weather as they say. *sigh* What a dope.

Well, have a great day. I will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda~ Induction always seems to work for me, at least for the 1st week. My results are usually pretty good, but its always water, and Im always holding alot when I eat carbs. So give it a try, I think you'll notice a difference.

Have a colour in my hair, drinking coffee, and hangin' with the chicks this morning Then its off to work in the front garden if the rain holds off. Otherwise, Im going to go take a walk in the rain!! Do a upper body work out today too!

Have a great day Ladies
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default I'M Back!

Hi Gang!

I'm going to try to post here more regularly! I have been back on induction now for 6 days and I have lost 7.5 pounds so far!

I have to tell you though, I found out I have a HUGE Candida overgrowth. So I am strict with just the following foods in my diet:

1) All unprocessed meats (no deli or smoked such as bacon)
2) All induction friendly veggies EXCEPT Mushrooms (Mold)
3) Olive Oil and Butter
4) Water

Literally that is all I can have for 6-10 weeks.

My asthma has been so bad that the Doctor had me tested. So on top of a new med (Non steroid and non-antibiotic! WOO HOO) I am eating this way. And I love the results already! I am back in the 169sand havent seen that since surgery!

I am also training to run the Race for the Cure in Seattle on June 4th! I am a little nervous but I think I will do fine! I am part of a Team with my sorority (Zeta Tau Alpha) and our national philanthrophy is the Komen Foundation. I set a goal of $500 for my sponsors and I am already at $650! I am amazed at that!

Brenda - There is a quick check for Yeast overgrowth you can do! http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ic.php?t=72151 Yeast will slow your weight down considerably and it can happen even once you have been on Atkins for a while! I would try it just to see! Just make sure that you do it first thing in the morning BEFORE you eat ANYTHING!

Jane - I know I could never go back to Low Fat. I always starved! Take care of that....um, under the weather stuff!

Robin - what a totally relaxing day you have ahead! I am planning to work in the garden though today after I get my allergy shot, work out at the gym then get some blood drawn for my dang asthma! I cannot wait!

I will check in later gang!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

Hi Karen...before I ever thought of getting into the lc way of eating, I had severe troubles with my asthma and candida. What the doctor was giving me wasnt working, and things just seemed to be getting worse, and I felt horrid. I read a book called ...The yeast connection. Thats the diet I started first. Got the candida under control, and after about 3 months started protein power. The only time I have trouble with yeast is when Im eating too much sugar and I have to fill my "1" inhaler prescription usually only once a year. (I was on 3 inhalers and 2 steroids) Its amazing how my food intake affected my breathing and all round health.

You'll do great on this...keep up the good work. You'll notice how good you feel very soon!!

Last edited by RobinW; 05-02-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #6  

Hi Karen....great to see you again. I was wondering how you have been doing post surgery. Glad to see you back.

Sorry about all the trouble with your asthma...but for the weight loss. That is great!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #7  

hello everyone, I have a bit of a dilema. I developed a nasty stomach virus since yesterday. I have tried to stay OP but the truth is meat and heavy foods are not what I can eat. Does anyone have any sugestions. I feel awful and can only probably hold down toast which I haven't had. I haven't eaten anything in order to remain OP.
I'll check in later. OOOOh! I'm sick. wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Wifie~ try some chicken broth and a few crackers. If its all you can eat, then dont worry about it!! Your probably going to eat so little it wont matter much anyway...if it even stays down.

Get better soon you can get back op when your stomach is feeling better.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #9  
on my way down again

HI Everyone!

Yea Brenda with the Induction. I'm op, but going strict induction for two weeks starting tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hi Jane, Glad you're going to be LC too. You all are motivating me.

Hi Robin, Have fun in the garden.

Hey Karen, it's good to see you again! What a great weight loss!! Missed ya! I wish you were feeling better though. Congrats on raising so much for the race. (Barbie101)

Hi Wifie, Sorry to hear you're sick. I'd say eat what you can, and get well soon!

I'm going clothes, makeup, and shoes shopping later today, some Spring/Summer type, "happy clothes", and then tomorrow, I'm going in for a new hair cut and style. I feel so dingy after a long winter. Although I'm not really wanting to go buy the size I'm going to have to get, I'm going to have fun anyway, and I know that these clothes will be too big for me before I know it.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Sonnet; 05-02-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Great job for staying OP!

Jane: Welcome back to LC! It's the only way for me, too.

Robin: Have fun in your garden.

Karen: Glad to see you back. Congrats on the weight loss. Great job on raising so much money for the race. You'll do great!

Wifie: Hope you get to feeling better soon. Just eat whatever you can to feel better.

Sonnet: Have fun shopping! I'd love to go with you!

Well, not much went on this weekend. DH and I went for a couple of picnics at the beach -- the weather was too nice not to. We had a great time, and it was such a nice change of pace from a loud, busy restaurant. Other than that, we were pretty boring.

It feels so good to be OP. I'm hoping to get back to losing soon.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote