Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #1  
1 carton a week!

Unhappy cookies cookies cookies ... oh my!

so I've picked up a bad habit ... a 2 cookie a day habit see, I live in the dorms at my university and I've always been good in my dining hall, but lately I just can't seem to get away without grabbing a couple of cookies to go! I even wake up craving a cookie! it's so sad and I don't know what to do ... does anyone have any ideas on how I can avoid the cookies and maybe offer a substitute?
Old 04-30-2005, 02:36 AM   #2  

Have you tried those 100 calorie packs? They come in Chocolate chip and Oreo flavors. If you like them, they might give you your "I'm eating cookies!" fix, without being to hard on the old calories budget.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:20 AM   #3  
1 carton a week!

whoa they have chocolate chip?!? haha i didn't know that! thanks I think I might try that
any other suggestions?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #4  
stbakd

hi icecream. try fitting the cookies into your plan and you may not feelso bad.
glen
Old 04-30-2005, 09:10 AM   #5  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

i love the 100 calorie packs...i am a confused cookie-aholic as well and this does the trick...being in a dorm theres no baking either..
Old 04-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #6  

The only problem with the 100 packs is that the cookies themselves are very, very small, cracker like affairs. They taste good, and can fill a cookie urge. Still I look at half a dozen of them in my palm and my brain doesn't parse them as "cookies". So I have to tell my brain to shut the **** up, they *are* cookies, and they are all cookies I am going to get, so I'd better be happy with them.

Another substitution I use are caramel corn rice cakes. They are big and round like a cookie, and pack a nice hit of sweetness for only 50 calories a pop. Problem is that while these also taste good, they are airy and very crunchy. So again, I have to argue with my brain, telling it that crunchy, airy cookies still count as cookies! My brain would rather that I crack open a pack of something that features cartoonish, tree dwelling elves on the lable. But then, listening to my brain on these matters is part of the reason I got to weight over 250 pounds in the first place.

I have to argue with my brain alot when it comes to sweet foods.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #7  
1 carton a week!

haha tealeaf I may have to tell my mind they are cookies as well and I might have to try the rice cakes thanks
ckatgo, there may be no baking in the dorms but the dining halls are FULL of them hehe
and hefty1 I have put them in my plan, its just that its always the cookies that put me at the borderline of my cal intake and I really want to learn to avoid them and enjoy as just a "treat" .. I guess it's going to take some time
Closed Thread