Old 02-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Post COREporate Profiles

Hi and welcome to the WW Core Support Group. If you intend to stay around and become part of this group on a regular basis, please feel free to tell us about yourself.

In the interest of space, this thread will be updated periodically to remove random comments after they are no longer fresh, and to remove the bios of those who no longer (or never did) post on the other threads with us.

Please copy the following and share some info about yourself! (Skip any questions you aren’t comfortable answering
.)

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME:

BIRTHDAY:

MARITAL STATUS:

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:

WW START DATE:

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW:

TOP WEIGHT:

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:

FAVORITE COLOR:

PET PEEVE:

FAVORITE FOODS:

FAVORITE EXERCISE:

FAVORITE BOOK(S):

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

DATE: Feb. 9, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kathy

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Too busy

PETS: Yes

WW START DATE: Labor Day 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Track record. WW works if you continue to journal and watch the portions. There's no other way.

TOP WEIGHT: 177

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 139

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde/light brown

OCCUPATION: Courseware developer for B-2 stealth bomber - work on training lessons that student pilot use to learn the aircraft

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

PET PEEVE: Poor grammar and drama queens

FAVORITE FOODS:

FAVORITE EXERCISE:

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Don't have one

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Um ... don't know

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I like country music and probably have a favorite, so I'll edit this later when I think of one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking with it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Arrow My turn!

DATE: February 10, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Froufie/Janet

BIRTHDAY: April 7, 1958

MARITAL STATUS: married - 2nd time around.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 3 kids (2 from previous marriage): Joel, 18, Emily 13 (going on 25!) Sam, 6. Remarried 7 years ago - dh is 5 years younger than me!
Joel is currently finishing high school and will hopefully be entering university in the fall (will stay close to home cuz he's a Prince! ). Very politically minded so hoping to get into an International Development program - or something like that. Very confident and outgoing and is School President!
Emily is entering high school (grade 9) in the fall, is a very creative/eclectic (dramatic?) child and loves to dance (tap, jazz, hip-hop).....and Sam - well he's just the cutest and funniest kid and is spoiled and loved by ALL!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love to read, surf the net, play computer games, play the piano (not often enuf), music and TRAVEL! (especially cruising!).

PETS: Okay - I know you're expecting me to have a pet bunny, but alas I am allergic to most animals so no pets for me!

WW START DATE: January 8, 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Did low carb before and was quite successful, and I liked the concept of Core and it's focus on eating good carbs! (and limiting sugar and white flour!)

TOP WEIGHT: 224

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

GOAL WEIGHT: ?? 144??

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Light brown

HAIR COLOR: real color?? probaby mostly gray w/dark brown?? But now it's light brown w/golden blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ottawa, Canada (the capital city!)

FAVORITE COLOR: PINK!!!

PET PEEVE: People who are rude and/or enjoy humiliating others!!!

FAVORITE FOODS: Are you kidding? Pizza, ice cream, ripple potato chips, REAL guacomole (in Mexico!), steak, mashed potatoes, tuna salad (can you tell why I'm here? )

FAVORITE EXERCISE: anything "dancey"...and walking (preferably outdoors!)

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Perfume by Patrick Susskind, Agatha Christie novels, Grisham, Dan Brown, Olivia Goldsmith - well I just LOVE to read!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Any comedy with Goldie Hawn (e.g. Private Benajmin, Overboard, Protocol), Wizard of Oz, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Heidi (the origial w/Shirley Temple), A Fish Called Wanda (makes me crack up every time!)

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:Major Elton John fan! ...also like Ace of Base, Genesis, Michael Buble, Neil Sedaka, Selena, Gloria Estefan and Lara Fabian.
Also LOVE Broadway Musicals - not too much passes thru here but would love to head to New York and have a blast!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being influenced by the scale and staying with it even tho weight loss is sporadic.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize I need to do something to avoid future health issues - watched my mom die from heart issues and complications due to diabetes (kidney failure/dialysis) because of obesity - it was not pretty! Also realize it's not a race - slow and steady is okay - and every step gets me closer to my goal.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to joke around and have good time altho some may find me too sarcastic? I have a great smile with a dimple on my right cheek!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Slow and steady wins the race - remember to look at things other than the numbers on the scale...weight loss is not "linear" - you will not lose weight every week but will see other successes along the way!

Last edited by Froufy; 02-10-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #4  
Melissa

Smile About Me

DATE: April 6, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: septembersgoal/Melissa

BIRTHDAY: 9/28

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Right now my family consists of my husband and my dog. We hope to have children sometime soon.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, Youth Ministry

PETS: Murphy, our dog

WW START DATE: Well, I started on my 25th Birthday, determined to lose weight...but I haven't. I have been terrible with flex and am now trying Core, at home, to see if I can do better with it.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Its longstanding reputation as healthy and helpful. Plus the fact that I could do it at home.

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

EYE COLOR: greenish blueish brownish

HAIR COLOR: brownish

OCCUPATION: Case Manager for Substance Abuse Treatment facility

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky

FAVORITE COLOR: Anything bright

PET PEEVE: People who drive without using turning signals

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza Hut Veggie Lover's and chocolate....MEXICAN FOOD!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking I suppose. I really like the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs that I have.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Wow, too many to list. I love Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): America's Sweethearts, You Got Mail, plus many many more. I love movies.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I also LOVE music! My favorite musician would have to be my husband, Aaron. He is really great and I anticipate him being signed any time now. I also love David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, U2...just to name a few.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
SNACKING! And also going out to eat. I don't choose terribly most of the time, I just eat too much.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have specific goals in mind and a plan that doesn't involve starving myself. Plus I am trying to find all availble resources (like this one!) to help me along the way.

Any advice or encouragement would be welcomed! I just want to take care of my weight problem now, especially before having children. I want to learn how to be healthy now instead of when I am older and have even more things that are vying for my attention. Thanks!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

DATE: may 1, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: notnew2this/sandra

BIRTHDAY: 1/9/47

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):this is my 2nd marriage. i have been married now for 6 years. together we have 2 sons and 1 daughter and 7 grandchildren.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: archery and growing roses

PETS: none

WW START DATE: i am doing core at home as of april 28.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: been there done that before and got to goal once for about 15 minutes.

TOP WEIGHT: 228

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: montana

FAVORITE COLOR: red

PET PEEVE: people who lie

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican food/sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE: curves

FAVORITE BOOK(S): lanny bassham's with winning in mind

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): action/adventure

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: brooks & dunn

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: consistency

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i have the tools the knowledge, and the support--and a plan.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? this past year i won a national title in archery competition.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: just ask and i'll tell you anything you want to know about me. i'm anxious to get to know all of you, too.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:24 PM   #6  

DATE: Aug. 26

USERNAME/REAL NAME: p.a. a.k.a. Patti

BIRTHDAY: May 24

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 Dd's , 1 Dh

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: ponding, gardening

PETS: 1 dog bingo, 1 cat squeekers

WW START DATE:last sunday

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW:fed up

TOP WEIGHT: 318

CURRENT WEIGHT: 315

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5"5

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: salt and pepper

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CANADA eh

FAVORITE COLORurple

PET PEEVE: people who chew in my ear!!

FAVORITE FOODS: chips, chips and more chips with dip

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking, volleyball

FAVORITE BOOK(S): read too many to say

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): not sure

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Blue Rodeo

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: keeping it off

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: determination

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I like reality tv shows....

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: hmm, have to think about that one
Old 08-30-2006, 04:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

DATE: August 30, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tejas/Rhonda

BIRTHDAY: September 23, 1945

MARITAL STATUS: To be married on November 25, 2006
I am marrying my first sweetheart whom I met in high school in 1960. We dated for six months then went our separate ways, but never forgot each other.

We have each been married before and also had a spouse die from cancer.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): My fiance has four grown children and one grandchild. I have a godson and grand godson and am very close to a passle of nieces and nephews and their children, and children's children.

Obesity in the older years seems to run in the family..my mother, my siblings and some of my nieces struggled and are struggling with it. Like with everyone, it is some combination of genetics and environment.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like to garden, sew and read...and spend quiet, relaxed time at home or with close friends. I don't travel as much as I would like because of the dogs (below).

PETS: Two dogs: Jake, a 7 year old Border Collie-Lab and Anna, an 8 year old Border Collie- Shepard. They are active and mischevious and expensive!

WW START DATE: I was introduced to WW by a friend about 6 years ago. I mostly just supported her in her quest to lose 100 pounds. She was successful, but on Atkins, not WW. She is quite an inspiration.

I went back to WW in the Winter 2003 and lost from 211 to 170 by the summer. Regrettably, by 2004 I gained 10 pounds back and by the summer of 2005 I was back up to 205 at one point. I went back to WW in March, 2006 at 198 and am now hovering in the low 190's. It has been so slow to lose this time around.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Because it is healthy.

TOP WEIGHT: I can't remember exactly but 210-215.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 193

GOAL WEIGHT: 135-140

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

EYE COLOR: Depends on my mood! Blue to Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown with lots of grey in the front and on the sides.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Toronto

FAVORITE COLOR: Red/orange/pink

PET PEEVE: "You know, like.." "And he's like and I'm like..." Grrrrrrrr...oh, and then there's whining...oh, and talking about the weather (great Canadian past-time)...oh, and then there's...

FAVORITE FOODS: Anything spicy.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, aerobics, Pilates

FAVORITE BOOK(S): There are just too many. I read everything from murder mysteries to political tomes. I don't read too many biographies but perhaps I should.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Again, too many. I've seen Harold and Maude about 8 times and that's probably more than I've watched any other movie. It makes me love life.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: I like jazz, blues and classical. I don't care for opera or hip-hop or acid rock.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing it, then keeping it off. HA! Original, aren't I? I like chocolate too much. I love bread. I love wine. I should be a European, not a Texan. Oh, then there's Bar-b-que.

My biggest weight loss problem is FOOD!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't stand it that I put the weight back on. That just makes me toooo normal.

This time I'm more motivated by health reasons. I have no significant health problems so I want to keep it that way and I won't be able to if I carry around this extra weight.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm very politicized and see the world in political terms a lot. I can't bear the injustice and inequities in modern life. I'm also very interested in environmental issues, from anti-littering and recycling to global warming. Recently my own quest to improve the world is to consciously try to live by the Golden Rule. I've learned that essentially all major religions have some variant of "do unto others" as a part of their creeds. It's too bad that we have such trouble putting that sentiment into action...and I won't list all the ways I've failed at it!! ;_)

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I hated it when I heard that women develop bodies like their mothers. That has been just too true in my case. But, it has been sobering to experience the changes in my own body that she must have experienced in hers. Since she died 11 years ago so I can't discuss this with her. But, one of my nieces has also gained a lot of weight so we do talk about it in relation to family matters.

It also helps enormously to discuss these matters with others...more than I ever thought it would.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

DATE: 9/3/6

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Paula

BIRTHDAY: 12/9/65
MARITAL STATUS: Married 10/2/99.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a wonderful 3 1/2 year old girl - Sarah. She is the greatest belssing in our lives. My dh Jim and I lost our son on 2/26/2 - he was just 4 months old and died waiting for a heart transplant. God blessed us with Sarah who is wonderfully healthy and born 1 year and one day after Ben died.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love to garden, walk, be outside and READ!

PETS: 8 year old chocolate lab.

WW START DATE: This time.....Sept 2004. Did WW off and on most of the past 20 years. Always was overweight.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Because it is healthy.

TOP WEIGHT: Pregnant - 235 YIKES, 218 at one point, 214 when I started WW this time.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: ww goal is 174, I'd love to get to 169.999999

HEIGHT: 5' 10

EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Light brown, blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South of Boston, MA
FAVORITE COLOR: Blue/green

PET PEEVE: indecision, whining..
FAVORITE FOODS: red wine!
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything from Nora Roberts, now reading alot of Barbara Taylor Bradford.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): ?? Can't think of one.
FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Neil Young
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: night time snacking.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want my daughter to grow up with an overweight mother who is always dieting. Now I just eat healthy and exercise.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've done nothing but core this time and have tons of recipes. Love to cook!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 AM   #9  
Donna

DATE: 4/5/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Techalum/Donna

BIRTHDAY: 10/19

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No kids, don't want any

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: quilting, reading

PETS: Rudy (13 yo golden retriever), Figero (10 yo orange tabby cat), Scooter (8 yo black lab mix)

WW START DATE: again like many others, which time? This time 7/05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: it's a plan I can live with

TOP WEIGHT: 265

CURRENT WEIGHT: 233

GOAL WEIGHT: I don't know I'll pick when I get below 200. Somewhere between 160 and 170 I think.

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

OCCUPATION: Currently I work as a historical presenter at an outdoor history attraction. But, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, and considering going back to school for a masters in architecture.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Dearborn, MI

FAVORITE COLOR: green

PET PEEVE: out of control kids (did you see the family part)

FAVORITE FOODS: chips

FAVORITE EXERCISE: as little as possible???? Seriously, I go to Curves and in the summer I bike ride.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): No favorites, I own hundreds and read more, but I can't really pick a favorite.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sound of music

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: none, I'll listen to pretty much anything except rap

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: empty calories like chips and wine

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm taking it slow and not worrying about how long it will take. Just one step at a time.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #10  

Default New To Core and with Questions

DATE: April 26, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Joanne

BIRTHDAY: October 30, 1947

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 3 Dogs, 3 cats, 1 husband!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Watching Movies, Animals

PETS: 3 dogs 3 cats

WW START DATE: April 23, 2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I was on the Points Progrm 2 years ago, lost weight. Then my husband was diagnosed with MS and I ate and drank all my weight back!

TOP WEIGHT: 182.5

CURRENT WEIGHT:182

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT:5'3

HAIR COLOR: Brown w/grey and blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oroville, CA

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

PET PEEVE: People who think their opinion/way is the only one

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Waling

FAVORITE BOOK(S): There are soooooooo many

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Ditto above

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Again, so many. I love all types of music

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Using food as a comfort.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want it

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Being a caregiver for my husband is really difficult (wouldn't do anything different). If you know anyone who is a caregiver, be gentle and supportive with them.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Sooo many - where to start!
Joanneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Default My Intro!

DATE: Thursday October 18th, 2007!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ToniDMB/Toni

BIRTHDAY:July 29th

MARITAL STATUS:Soon to be engaged!!!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):Single mother to a beautiful 10 year old son and I am in a wonderful relationship with a man I've been dating for almost two years and we're about to get engaged! Yay!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Spending time with friends and family, karaoke, playing guitar, going to the gym, and playing Wii, especially Dance Dance Revolution!

PETS: I have a Beagle named Missy, my boyfriend has a fat cat, Kenicki

WW START DATE: Officially today is my first day on the Core Plan, but I've been dieting seriously for almost a year, almost down 30 pounds!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I've done weight watchers many times in the past but never had much success sticking to it. I believe it's because I have no self control when it comes to eating whatever I'm in the mood for, but making sure I measure and calculate points! That is why I'm so excited about the Core plan. All I have to think about is WHAT I eat. I need as much of the guesswork taken out as possible and I have a huge feeling that I will do so well on this plan!

TOP WEIGHT:307

CURRENT WEIGHT:278.5

GOAL WEIGHT:175 (but short term goal is 260 by December!)

HEIGHT:5' 10"

EYE COLOR:blue/green

HAIR COLOR:brown with fun colors!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Harrisburg, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: pink and black

PET PEEVE: Too many to list

FAVORITE FOODS:Chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Elliptical machine, treadmill, jogging, and my very favorite DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! FUN FUN!

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Bible

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):Borat, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Meet Me In St. Louis, It's a Wonderful Life and The Wizard of Oz.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP:Ween, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and Dave Matthews Band.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boyfriend tempting me with late night junk food and pizza delivery. We are trying to save money for our wedding so that eliminates spending money on take out, which is going to really help me stick to this plan!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am extremely eager and am committed to planning for my meals ahead of time. I'm forcing myself to open up and try new foods (ff cottage cheese with pineapple-haven't ate any yet, but I brought it to work with me today-wish me luck!) to find new things that I know I will come to love and enjoy. I'm already hooked on exercise, but I know my eating is what needs work. I believe weight watchers core plan will give me the right tools I need to be successful!

Nice meeting you all ladies! Looking forward to being an active part in this board and getting to know everyone!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi everyone!

DATE: October 28, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Eggie/Debbie

BIRTHDAY: June 14, 1976

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No kids, just a husband-to-be

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Eating? Photography, reading, travel

PETS: No

WW START DATE: October 25, 2007

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: After years of unsuccessful dieting on my own, I decided I needed more support

TOP WEIGHT: 163

CURRENT WEIGHT: 163ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5' 3.5"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Detroit, MI

FAVORITE COLOR: hrm...pink or purple

PET PEEVE: oh, so many...

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza, cookies, blueberry muffins, beer

FAVORITE EXERCISE: elliptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I Know This Much Is True; The Time Travelers Wife

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): ...no idea

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Jimmy Buffett

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating out! I LOVE restaurants!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have the support and accountability of WW.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not right now.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Plenty...I'll let you know as appropriate.
Eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/216/155

Height: 5'6"

DATE: February 21, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lulie / Kathy

BIRTHDAY: 7/16/55

MARITAL STATUS: Married again

FAMILY INFO: I have a son who is 30 yrs old, in the Marines. A daughter who's 25, scientist. A daughter 18, Freshman in college. A daughter 16, who is really anywhere between 4 and 40.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like hiking and travel.

PETS: Jimi the Cat, who I don't like that much. Want to get a doggie.

WW START DATE: 2/18/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I had been on it before and it worked. I used too count points but I have no patience for that. Hoping to stick with Core.

TOP WEIGHT: 221

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221 - wow! Today is 2/21! Good sign!

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: Frosted most of the time.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Long Island, NY

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

PET PEEVE: Finding an empty box in the pantry.

FAVORITE FOODS: Pie, cheesy stuff, fish.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: WALKING

FAVORITE BOOKS: The Secret.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Limiting the wine!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE ABOUT SUCCESSFUL: I feel scared when I look toward the future.
Lulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224/187/132

Height: 5'1"

DATE: March 15

USERNAME/REAL NAME: historygeek/Ann

BIRTHDAY: March 16

MARITAL STATUS: single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): no kids, 2 sisters, one brother, mom, and step-dad... spread across the country

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I do volunteer work for Historic Seattle and the Seattle Architecture Foundation... and a little for the National Park Service from time to time.

PETS: none, but I want a cat

WW START DATE: 1/2/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: I wanted a sensible plan that would teach me how to eat properly for the rest of my life.

TOP WEIGHT: When I bought my scale last summer I was at 224, but I don't think that was my highest weight

CURRENT WEIGHT: 187

GOAL WEIGHT: 132

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: blue/green

HAIR COLOR: well, I mix copper chestnut and light copper chestnut together...

OCCUPATION: architectural historian - most of my work involves determining whether buildings are eligible for the National Register of Historic Places or state or local registers

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Seattle

FAVORITE COLOR: reds and pinks

PET PEEVE: being underestimated

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): other than architecture books? anything by Rita Mae Brown or Terry Pratchet

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): No one movie comes to mind

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Bonnie Raitt, both as an artist and a person

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When my blood sugar drops (hypoglycemic) I want to binge

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm out of denial and thinking about my family history of weight related illness - type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Nothing I can think of

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've been living with hypoglycemia since my teens. My dad had heart disease and a single bypass in the 80s and my brother was diagnosed with diabetes and heart disease (double bypass) in Feb. 08. There's a lot I don't know, but I'll share what I've got.
historygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #15  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 177/138/144

Height: 5'5"

DATE: March 31

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RolyPolyPolly / Sarah

BIRTHDAY: June 14th

MARITAL STATUS: single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): no kids, one brother, mom, and dad... All in MA, where I grew up.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing / Quilting / Machine Embroidery; Cooking; Growing Things

PETS: 2 feline kids

WW START DATE: this time around: Nov. 11th?, 07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE WW: Originally, My doctor recommended it when I asked her to recommend a diet for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 186

CURRENT WEIGHT: 151

GOAL WEIGHT: 144 (maybe less, we'll see when I get there!)

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: brown/hazel

HAIR COLOR: BORING Brown

Embroidery(company&org. apparel, monogrammed items, etc.)
Custom Quilts (mostly baby gifts, but others also)
Window Treatments & Home Dec. Sewing

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pittsburgh area, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: so many! I guess to pick one shade, it'd have to be green.

PET PEEVE: people wasting their lives being mad at the world

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate, red wine, bread... my mouth literally just watered.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walk Away The Pounds!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hard to say. Maybe Memoire of a Geisha, or the Time Traveler's Wife

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): not much of a tv/movie person

FAVORITE MUSICIAN/GROUP: Luciano Pavarotti

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: i get bored. I eat when I'm bored...which is all the time.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: New inspirations and motivations: family history, family futures, self respect... the list goes on!

I NEED BUSINESS! Pass the word on!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: time will tell, I guess.
RolyPolyPolly is offline   Reply With Quote