Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #1  

Question boredom munchies when you are trapped

I'm getting better at not eatting out of boredom at home, but what about when you are captive like you are at work and bored and can't really get up from your desk for more than a min so a walk is out of the question? How do you combat that?
fatbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Keep reading 3FC posts. I feel to guilty eating anything bad while I'm reading posts on this site.
If you have to munch keep something healthy around. I have a bowl of strawberries next to me now cut up in pieces that I have been nibbling on for the last 2 hours.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you are at work, then it shouldn't be too hard to find something to do. Just joking with you.

I come here to the forum when I have boredom munchies, or clean something small-like dust the computer, clean the toilet, or some other task that only takes a couple of minutes, until I am over it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #4  
hja
holly

Another idea is to drink some herbal tea. I find that the ritual of perparing and drinking the tea can take the edge off of the munchies, and it gives your mouth and hands something to do.
hja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Chew some sugarless gum! I have the same problem late in the afternoon when my work is all done and I'm a little tired I would usually go looking in the kitchen but found that the gum (my favorite is green apple) was all that it took to get rid of the munchies until I get home and have dinner. Also, don't forget about drinking plenty of water.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #6  

I can't handle most sugarless gum as it has nutrasweet. Aspartame + me = migrane level hurty.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #7  
Chubby Barbie

Location: In Florida near the beach with all these thin pretty girls around!

~why not bring good munchies with you? Like carrots, celery, airpopped popcorn, and other things that are health for you. That way you could munch but do it healthy.
~You could also do streches if you have your own area that no one can see in.
~ Along the same lines, you could do a mini work workout. Like butt squezes, flex your abs and hold fo as long as you can then do it again, or anything else you can think of.
~I don't know where you but if you have customers you could talk to them or go to other co workers who look bored.
~ You cold come here and talk to people.
~ OR you could look up the calories in the food you want to munch on then calculate how much more working out you'd have to do, if it is worth it eat it but make sure you work it off.
I'm sure you can think of ones that fit better with you and where you work. I know I look for excuses to munch on bad things and I ALWAYS feel so guilty and sad later.

Last edited by DaisyLily; 04-29-2005 at 02:03 PM.
DaisyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I find diet cokes are filling and make me feel like I can't eat anything... I am still at school so I can't relate... but... If you can find something to do with your hands you should be fine.
hoofbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #9  

I have a drawer full of "safe" munchies, like rice cakes, dried fruit and herbal teas (ok not a munchie but you know what I mean!). In the afternoon all the girls in my office eat chocolate and chips and if I don't have something safe I will just join in.

Make sure you eat a healthy lunch so you're not starving hungry in the afternoon.

If you are in the sort of job where you can choose your tasks and what time you do them, leave something pleasurable and interesting for the afternoon. I work in a call centre so that isn't possible, you have to take whatever call you get!!!! And I can't get up either, so I understand how frustrating it is.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #10  

I do technical stuff, but at a desk all day. I miss running around doing IT and playing in the server room, LOL.

No room to do anything like working out. I do stretches at my desk and around, and ignore funny looks. Then again I have purple hair so i am used to funny looks!

I'm going to try and bring snacks next week. Veggies make my tummy hurt on their own, but I can handle V8 or fruit and it REALLY fills you up so I'll bring a few of those for keeping here.

I'll be glad when splenda coke comes out.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:12 AM   #11  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Lately Ive been having a lot of paper work and computer work to do myself.
I work at Midnights and I work in a store where I could walk out on the floor and buy any type of food I want.
I bring my dinner ( dinner because of the time I work) and I also bring my snacks. I drink plenty of water while im at the desk getting to to refill a couple times.
I snack on fruits strawberries and maybe some wheat pretzels if I want something with a crunch or a little salty. Or a few almonds fill me up or some rasins if I want something sweet. But dont snack to much after I ate my dinner because I will be on my way home to sleep for the day.
Also this keeps me totally away from the vending machines and when other people are snacking unhealthy I know I have my goodies to keep my on the path.
Just watch what your eating and when your eating it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote