Old 04-25-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Buff Brides

Hello Everyone!!! Figured I'd create a thread for future Brides. Any other Brides here? Would love to start a support thread for Brides !! ;-)

Last edited by Irishgirl; 05-03-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #2  

Not a bride anymore, but wanted to say good luck. Have you caught the TV show on FITTV, Buff Brides, this weekend's show was great and the workouts were fab. They both left 4 months to get ready, which is so much more sensible than some shows.

Good luck and have a wonderful life.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 PM   #3  
gentlesong

Default I'm getting married

I'm glad to see this new thread. I'm getting married Oct 18, 2005. I must admitt that my weight loss was motivated, because I want to look great for my new hubby. And I dont want to have to buy my wedding gown in a plus size. So I'm a weight liften, nordic tracken, walken, healthly food eaten bride to be. Hope everyone has a great day. Sabrina
gentlesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:11 AM   #4  

I'm getting married August 14 2005. I already have my dress b ut I am hoping losing some weight will allow me to make some changes to the dress because of the extra material. I have been dieting about 10 weeks now and I have lost 17 pounds. Since november after I lost all my baby weight though I have actually lost and extra 5 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 21 pounds. Good luck ladies and beautiful blushing brides...we can do it!!!!
JennM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #5  

Question for all my fellow buff brides :-) Let's talk about dresses...
What does yours look like or what kind of dress do you want?

Here is a link to my wedding stuff from my Knottie Bio
http://www.theknot.com/co_profilevie...ame=Jennie9879
Old 04-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #6  

Hi this is a picture of my dress. The dress in the picture is pink and mine is actually white. [IMG][/IMG] As you can see it's quite plain but we are getting married in the middle of august...not the best time to be wearing a huge gown anyway. I would have loved a really nice one though. I loved the dresses on your bio Irishgirl. I had actually save the one you have with the colour I love it! The dress I originally wanted was $940 which I gather is pretty standard but my dad was buying it and mine was only $345 and I will have to get it altered of course. I love some of the other stuff on your page and have actually saved some of the same hairstyles. I am having an updo Have a wonderful day and good luck with your weight loss ladies
Old 05-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #7  
gentlesong

Default My gown?

Hello Ladies, sorry I havent been back sooner. Forgot where you were.
I havent bought my gown yet. I know I am leaving very little time for myself, but I refuse to shop while I am this big. Though I do have and idea of what kind of dress that I would like. I would like A-line gown, made of georgette with tiny embroiderd flowers on it. I also want sleeves so I will probably have to have it made. My colors are chocolate, cream and pale pink. Just looking through the web right now and bridal books to find something I would like.

That's abaout it for now, have a great day. Plus, if you have any favorate sites to recommend, let me know. I've already been to the knot. There is so much out there it's overwhellming.

Sabrina
gentlesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:01 AM   #8  

Hey Fellow Buff Brides...how is everyone today? How are all the wedding plans going?

I am down a total of 6lbs...I am going to look great in my dress I just know it

What are everyone's Wedding Date..mine is March 18, 2006.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlesong
Hello Ladies, sorry I havent been back sooner. Forgot where you were.
I havent bought my gown yet. I know I am leaving very little time for myself, but I refuse to shop while I am this big. Though I do have and idea of what kind of dress that I would like. I would like A-line gown, made of georgette with tiny embroiderd flowers on it. I also want sleeves so I will probably have to have it made. My colors are chocolate, cream and pale pink. Just looking through the web right now and bridal books to find something I would like.

That's abaout it for now, have a great day. Plus, if you have any favorate sites to recommend, let me know. I've already been to the knot. There is so much out there it's overwhellming.

Sabrina
Go to Bridesave.com they have great site, and list dresses for a fraction of the cost. Mine would have gost me over $800.00 thru a Bridal Salon, but I can order it for $499.00, and have it altered elswhere!!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #10  

Jenn M - That is a very pretty dress :-)
Old 05-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #11  

Hi girls, I'm Old but New again to 3FC. Someone sent me a link to this thread. I'm getting Married September 1, 2006. I'm trying to loss about 70 more pounds before my wedding. I'm just now starting to plan
Here's the wedding dress I want (after I loss the weight)
My Wedding Dress
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #12  

Hey Star Welcome!!!! Welcome aboard! I am so glad another Buff bride joined. I think our weddings are going to provide some huge motivation for us to get healthy, and slim!!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #13  

Happy Wed Brides to be!! Where is everyone?? :Shrug:
Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #14  

I'm starting to feel the pressure please dont let me turn into a bridezilla.....13 weeks, 3 days left to go...mountains of money to be spent, many desicions left to make and to top it all off I can't go to the gym I have hurt my foot come on skinny bride!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #15  

We Won't let you turn into a bridezilla I promise!!! Just take a few mintues a day just for you, weather it's a hot bath, or a walk..just something to get away from all of the stress, and I promise you'll feel better!!