Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Grilled Peaches

I RARELY like hot fruit but when I was growing up my Mom used to make broiled peaches with ham steaks and they were FABULOUS! Of course, she used to use the halves from the can and broil them pit side up with some cinnamon and brown sugar on them. What's not to like. This is a much healthier version from the WW website with fresh fruit which I'm sure will be good too! You could mix a little Splenda with cinnamon and SF maple syrup to brush on the second side if you wanted.

Recipes
Grilled Cinnamon Peaches

POINTS® value | 0
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 8 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

Grilling peaches caramelizes them and brings out that ‘peach pie filling’ flavor. Serve some up for a light post-barbecue dessert.

Ingredients

4 serving butter-flavor cooking spray
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 medium peach(es), peeled, halved and pit removed

Instructions

Lightly coat grill grate with cooking spray (off-heat). Heat grill to medium-high heat.

Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over cut sides of peaches. Spray each peach half with cooking spray.

Place peaches on grill, cut side down. Grill until browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes. (For best results, do not move the peaches during grilling; this will ensure the attractive grill marks and keep the peaches from sticking to the grill.)

Turn peaches over and grill on other side for about 3 minutes more. Serve warm. Yields 2 peach halves per serving.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  

Ooohhh, this sounds YUMMY! Thanks Vickie!
Closed Thread