Old 04-23-2005, 08:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - April 23rd and 24th

Good Morning,

Now I know why they call it the Week End !! My end couldn't be any more weaker by friday LOLOL.

Whats shaking toots ?

Any good plans for the weekend?
I have a rainy bbq to go to today and tomorrow is MILs house to wish her a happy birthday (it was friday).

Will some one PLEASE come clean my house
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Default Weekend Chat 4/23-4/24

WOOHOO!! Managed to stay OP last night. And I'm thinking because we're really not going anywhere today that I'll manage to be OP today and tomorrow. So 1 weekend on program I can count on for sure And of course stepped on the scale this morning and nope, not a pound dropped off. But like I said...haven't been drinking the water so maybe that's the reason. That and the fact that I screwed up the first time and now my body's resisting giving up the fat. That's what I get for having the first time go so easy and then messing up the "golden opportunity". I'm also impressed with myself. I'm in the middle of a family (sisters & cousin) feud (she said this....I supposedly said that...so they're saying this type thing) but I've STILL managed to stay away from the comfort foods. How cool was THAT!!! Not counting on it to ALWAYS stay that way. Oh...and waiting for the Atkins "energy" I'm supposed to have.
Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Good for you Brenda...on all counts, staying op, and staying away from the feud.

Had my comfort meal last night, and of course it wasnt nearly as good as I had anticipated. I had bought these red potatoes and mashed them up....when I took a bite, I actually looked to see if I got some corn in a mouthful. It was so sweet I dont think Ive ever eaten plain ole potatoes that were that sweet. Unbelievable!

Im back to it today again I have a basics drawing class today Im looking forward to. I used to draw and paint alot way back in highschool. But after 20 some years you tend to forget alot of it

Have a great day everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #4  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone!

I did so good yesterday but after a squabble with my mom...I did an emotional eating binge on frozen pizza and a donut! I'm back to it today and I feel FAT. I guess that as long as I'm back to it things will be ok and I shouldn'y gain too much. It's amazing how much better my stomach feels eating Atkins. I don't feel as crampy or gassy if I do overeat. With eating the junk food my stomach feels a little more bloated and gross.

Brenda- I am so proud of you for not eating comfort foods during stressful times. I guess that control comes with time? I hope to be in that frame of mind someday, too.

Robin- Sorry your potatoes weren't what you hoped! Hope you had fun in class!

Leenie- Have fun at the BBQ!

Have a great Saturday evening!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Andrea, I agree about feeling icky eating other foods and how good one can feel eating LC. I need to get my arse back on the LC track.

Its off to MIL's today for her birthday, then hopefully the sun will come out b/c I really want to enjoy the fresh air.

Watcha all doing today?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning

It snowed here last night!! Yuck! We aren't suppose to get any real sun until Wednesday.

Not much planned for today, starbucks and have a read of the sunday paper. Then Im not sure what else. Have to decide whats for supper and take it out of the freezer. Pretty exciting eh??

Have a great sunday even if you have snow where you are
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:09 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Robin: I noticed that also...."normal" food doesn't taste as well as I think it will. So why I eat it I don't know

Andrea: No, it wasn't a matter of control. I think it was a matter of I was TOO upset and felt sick to my stomach (just sounded better that I didn't give in ). I should be that upset more often...then I'd DEFINITELY stay OP! Don't worry, your binge won't effect you much if at all. as long as you're back OP it'll be ok.

Leenie: Have fun today!!

Well, today it's windy and cold. So no going fishing today. Hopefully it's nice out tomorow cuz I cancelled my chiro (yah, I needed it...but wanted to spend more time with DH while he was on his vacation days) to do that!! I want to go to the store today to get the ingredients for the Pumpkin bars. I haven't made that in ages and bought the oldest DD a pumpkin pie (yah, the youngest will eat it too) and to further resist eating any I'm going to make a LC pumpkin bar. They're DELICIOUS. A little high on carbs (well, if you eat 1/2 the pan what does one expect? ) but I'd rather be higher on carbs the legal food way I also have to get the stuff to make taco seasoning. I've got LC wraps and I'm SOOOO hungry for a taco. Another legal way. I wish I could have gone back on strict induction for 2 weeks but I just don't have it in me anymore. Not sure if that would have jump started the weight loss or not. I really miss my teens and 20's....back when the metabolism is SUPPOSED to react decent to exercise and diet
Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Robin: You snuck in today while I was posting my "book" of replies. lol. Enjoy your day even if it snowed. They've been forcasting snow/rain for us but so far (knock on wood!!) we've not seen it. I don't want to go back to seeing that. Winter was long enough!!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Hey....the day is ALMOST over and I really think I can manage to stay OP. WOOHOO!!! 1 weekend fully OP and MORE to come! I'm SO psyched to continue this!!! I want this weight off (yah...I want it off NOW but know it's not going to happen like that this time) and when DH goes back to work it'll be easier to get some exercise in. Hopefully the water too! ONWARD!!!! (and off to go make my pumpkin squares!! I can't WAIT for dessert tonight
Old 04-24-2005, 05:51 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Ladies, I just wanted to mention that LC and the Atkins boards are merging... we will all be one So if things look confusing thats why