Old 04-19-2005, 06:27 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #102

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:30 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is good food choices. Let's make good choices this week about the type of things we eat.

check back in a little later girls

Faye
Old 04-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I only got the 2 points for exercise and water yesterday - was doing really well, then must have got a fresh bunch of PMS hormones or something because I ended up ordering a pizza for my tea - oh dear! There is no point in beating myself up about it though - it was my first one in weeks, I enjoyed it and I'll move on.

I'm on day 3 of my low carb lunch plan - made up some gorgeous egg mayo today with extra light mayo, and just had that with a bunch of salad and tomato. Normally I'd have it with 2 breadrolls or 3 slices of bread, so I saved alot of calories. It is so much easier to eat salad now the weather is brighter - I know I'll find it alot harder in Winter, but I guess that is the time to have lots of soups and stews.

I'm going to London in 2 weeks time to stay with my brother - we are going to visit all the free museums which will be really interesting. I've been in the past on school trips when you think it is all boring - but now I'm really interested in seeing the Egyptology stuff at the British museum and the dinosaurs at the Natural History museum - I must be getting old!

CARRI - Glad that dh is showing signs of improvement, hopefully things will continue to get better for you both. Good for you for re-committing and having your first OP day. I agree with you, I could never cut out carbs completely, my life would be miserable, but cutting them down and eating more wholegrains can only be a good thing.

FAYE - How is the detox going? You should start to feel really good in a day or so, when all the stuff has cleared out. Hang in there!

DOT - You are doing really well, keep it up!

Hi to Susan, Nikki and WHERE IS SANDY G?????

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #4  

Just popping in quickly to say I lost another pound. Yay!

Take care and hope all is well.
turningleaf4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:30 PM   #5  

Amanda

Dorothy: Yeah for you! Good job on the lb loss.

My computer went belly up right after posting this morning and we were afraid it was the motherboard even though the thing is only 2 months old and still under warranty. We got absolutely NO HELP from Dell. I am warning you folks to consider carefully not buying a Dell computer. One of the techs refused to help Jack because the number on the computer did not match some number they had and when Jack asked to speak to a supervisor he not only refused, he hinted Jack had STOLEN the computer and then he hung UP ON HIM! Jack called back and went round and round with a tech because they didn't want to let him talk to a supervisor. The supervisor hemmed and hawed then tried to help when he realized there was a mistake with the number, but told Jack to call another number and give the person the information he gave him and tell them to change the info to make sure it matched and when he did, the woman again refused to help him because someone had put something into the computer with regards to his number that it might be stolen and she wouldn't talk to him either and refused to let him talk to a supervisor. Jack tried to get it up and going by putting another hard drive in and it wouldn't work so I went upstairs to get the info on when we bought it and the bank info and he yelled that he didn't know what he did but it started working and it is working again now.

I need to go. I will talk with everyone tomorrow

Faye
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 AM   #6  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe about anything you want to gripe about.

Carri: Glad you dh is starting to feel better.

Be back in later

Faye
Old 04-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I had a very healthy 4 point day yesterday - been struggling really badly today with my PMS (TOM is due tomorrow) and have been fighting off the urge to pig out on cheese and chocolate. I spent about half an hour in the shop picking up all the really high fat items them putting them back again! In the end I compromised and bought a couple of healthier treats - some vegetarian spicy fajita strips and a veggie scotch egg. I am pleased that I didn't give in and get chocolate and cheese - I told myself 'they won't stop you having PMS and you'll just feel guilty on top of that!' It would have been okay if it was a one off treat, but I pigged out on cheese and chocolate for most of last week and I'm determined to have a better week this week (apart from the pizza! )

FAYE - It sounds as if Dell's customer service is as bad as some of the companies you get here in the UK. They sound awful and treated you appallingly. Call centres are the bane of my life - no one will take responsibility for your call and you get passed around from person to person, having to re - explain everything each time. To accuse you of having stolen goods is outrageous - and then to not allow you to speak to the manager - oh, I feel so frustrated and angry for you!

DOROTHY - Well done on losing a pound! I weigh in at the end of each month now, got too depressed by weekly weigh ins as my weight fluctuates so much with water retention. I don't think April's weigh in is going to be too good though!

Love Amanda x
Old 04-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #8  

Amanda you keep up the excellent work!

Boy it has been really quiet here lately. I come back here several times a day and find no one has posted! Hope you are all continually doing well and if not, don't stay away. Having problems is one of the reasons I started this thread 2 years ago! We get to commiserate with each other and find solutions to our problems!

I am sitting on my behind instead of cleaning the downstairs so I better get with it and get out of here!

Faye
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56 PM   #9  

Sorry ladies I think I had a senior moment. I've been bemoaning you all not posting because I didn't get any email notifications and just now it dawned on me there was a new thread - duh!

I"ll post tomorrow - time to go home now!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #10  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take time to spoil yourself just a little today!

Susan: I usually start a new thread around post #48-50 just so you know (usually when we go to page 4) Hey, I am to the point where I have more senior moments than regulars ones!

I will check back in a little later. have to take Jack to work.

Julie: Hope you are having a lot of fun and enjoying the visit with your mom!

Faye
Old 04-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Just me again!

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest from exercise because my calf muscle was hurting. It's still crampy today but I went swimming anyway - boy, I had such a good swim, having a day off made such a difference to my energy levels and 40 minutes just flew by. I'm trying to exercise 6 days out of 7 and felt a bit guilty for having a day off yesterday - but I'm glad I did as it made me realise how important resting our muscles occasionally is, and I performed better today because of it.

I noticed our new member Lateral, who popped in and introduced herself a few days ago has popped off and started her own group!! Hope we didn't scare her off!

Have a nice evening all!

Love Amanda x
Old 04-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #12  

Amanda

Amanda: I think we have people pop in and out because we don't have posting like we used to. They join us then see that no one posts so they go somewhere else to post where there is a lot more communication. I can understand that. We have slid way backwards over the last year, not only losing regular posters but we regular ones pop in and out once a day anymore if that. Boy, girl, shouldn't be long and you will be skinny enough for that beautiful wedding dress you showed us!!!!!

I got my downstairs cleaned today so my house is all shiny again... So, I was able to go to the library and get me some more books. I hope these are better than the last lot. Four out of the 8 were awful! I read the inside of the Jacket and actually pick from there, though I pick up a book straight from it's cover or an author I like. Our library will not reserve books so you have to catch things as you can and I am waiting for a book that is new, but popular and can't seem to find it on the shelves so guess I will have to wait until it is a little less new.

I got an e-mail from a lady I used to work with at the law firm about 6 years ago. One of my best friends sent it to her. She and her dh live in Vegas so we are going to get together while we are out there. She is such a nice person and I really liked it when I worked with her. We used to gab all the time at her desk. I guess we are going to take them out to dinner while we are out there. It was just a really nice surprise.

I have got to get to the grocery store. I ate a pb sandwich with only about a tbs of pb on it for lunch and got heartburn so bad I had to take some medicine. It is still sitting like a rock in my stomach. Teach me I guess, but I am out of stuff that is healthy.

GS's got practice tonight so don't know if I will get back in here or not. Have a great afternoon.

Faye
Old 04-22-2005, 02:55 AM   #13  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. We are starting a Friday topic about fun stuff that has happened with food, clothes, etc. Instead of being embarrassed or upset by something with regards to your weight, give us some funny or fun stuff that has happened.

My allergies were bothering me so here I sit at 2AM so thought I would get Friday's post started.

Brother, I have a list as long as my arm of stuff. One of the most irritating, but funny things is big boobs meal big dribbles. I get teased a lot about my boobs being the first place food falls!

I will check back later in the day to see who is around

Faye
Old 04-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Faye,

Well I was thinking of not posting today because I have had a really bad day yesterday and today ( ) and I feel really annoyed at myself, but I saw that no one else has posted and didn't want to leave you all on your own! My TOM has started today so hopefully I can get back on track now, but I'm not happy that I've basically blown another month of weightloss. I'm not despairing though - I know I'll get straight back on track and really re-focus my efforts.

I hear you about the boob thing - I'm always dropping food down my cleavage!

I go to the library all the time - I just love them and think they are such a wonderful (and much underused) resource. I get out books all the time and I've read so many wonderful books all for free!

See you later,

Love Amanda x
Old 04-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #15  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday.

Amanda: That was sweet of you! Hey we all have the pizza booboo's. You are doing so fantastic overall, don't let it get you! Hope GB is giving you nice weather!

TTFN

Faye