Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Am I Eating OK???

Ok I know that if you don't eat properly you won't lose weight...well I would just like to know if what I eat and when is ok!?

First I usually eat "brunch" around noon, because that is when I wake up, and I find this easier than eating breakfast and then finding something healthy to eat for lunch...my "brunch" usually consists of cereal with a small amount of 1% milk (special k, total, kashi go lean, oatmeal etc.) I will also have yogurt, and a peice of whole wheat toast or an english muffin (usually with sugar free jam or a small amount of peanut butter) things like that. Sometimes I will also have a peice of fruit or a veggie, or I will mix orange juice, yogurt and frozen fruit in a blender for a smoothie.

Then I try to have a snack of fruits or veggies around 3 or 4pm (sometimes I will have a few whole grain crackers (saltines) as well.

Supper is usually around 6pm..most of the time it is healthy foods, my mom eats healthy too so she trys to cook healthy meals, but not all the time.

Then I usually have a snack around 8pm or so, this is when I will snack on something like chips or cookies, BUT I have the "healthier" ones, like soy crisps or these Dare cookies my mom buys that have like 35 calories in 2...things like that, and I try to have SMALL portions of whatever I have not huge amounts.

I try not to eat after 8pm.

Night time is my worst enemy, sometimes I can't stop eating...I can do fine all day until then, and I won't lie I like fruit alot more than veggies and I eat fruit more than veggies too...

So I would just like comments and opinions on my eating habits and how to try and improve...thanks!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  

Not too good a plan - you are having too many carbs, not enough veggies and lacking protein. And do you get a couple of servings of good oils. Have more complex carbs - skip the diet goodies - when it comes down to actual nutrition they are usually no better than what they are supposed to replace. Not eating enough during the day can definitely lead to overeating at night. You body needs the nutrition sometime. Try having breakfast and lunch and you will probably do a whole lot better.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

Thanks! The reason I usually combine breakfast and lunch is because I have such a hard time figuring out what to eat for lunch...I have no clue at all what I should be eating! Do you have any suggestions as to what I could eat for breakfast and lunch and snacks?? thanks.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

PS: CONGRATS on losing 196lbs!!! That is awesome!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:52 AM   #5  
Learning To Fly...

Ok I'm trying to change things up a bit..

Breakfast options - cereal, oatmeal, eggs, toast, english muffin..etc
Lunch - Lean cuisine or a healthy soup (clear not creamy, low cal low sodium..) or sandwich, salad, wrap etc.
Dinner - whatever is made for me, usually a meal consisting of chicken, some type of pasta or rice and some type of veggie
Snacks - fruits, veggies, yogurt, cheese, crackers etc.

Is this a little better?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #6  

You're new plan sounds better, but try to concentrate on "fueling" your body. Toast and english muffins don't provide your body w/ the vitamin and nutritents your body needs. Cereal and oatmeal are good choices. Try to throw in some protein and maybe a fruit then. Veggies are hard to consider a breakfast food, but consider a way to throw them in the mix.
Fruits and breads are necessary, but they don't sustain you. You'll end up feel hungry sooner. Try to add more meat by eating beans and peas. Add a small salad to your lunch mix. Try a veggie/bean wrap. (Kill to birds w/ one stone!). Don't forget dairy products. Low fat yogurt would be a great snack! However, I would skip the crackers.
Again, concentrate on fueling your body, not feeding your hunger. Think "Are these calories worth it? Am I giving my body nutritents?"
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #7  
banned

Location: Connecticut, but next year I plan on going to college in Colorado.....We shall see!!!

LUNCH: you can have grilled chicken, a burger(90%lean...or better yet GRASS FED), a nice salad with tomatoes,spinach,peppers,cucumbers,any veggie u desire...with hard boiled eggs or can of tuna or can of salmon or a chiken pattie on top!! Lunch is a staple!!!
Or you can make soup like u said.....get a can of tomatos, with a little chicken stock and put some chicken in the tomatoes and heat it over your stove until chicken is cooked...or do this the night before and bring it with you to work....its SO GOOD....
Closed Thread