Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:51 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #125

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies!

Thanks to all who commented on my DGDs!

Marti - I love tiger lillies! Decades ago, Fern's mother had planted a big bunch of them where my front, side yard is, and I keep a statue of St. Francis and a big concrete water bowl right there. Lots of bird action everyday! Btw, how's your friend doing at work? Does he like it?

Susan - glad you and the attorney agree on things. Makes it all a lot easier, lol. Tell Rachel Ma Jane needs to talk to her regarding that hickey.......

Katy - no, I don't know about the Core Effects video. But whatever works, I say, Go for it!! I miss my treadmill. Walking outside just doesn't have nearly the same effect!

Angie - hey, maybe you're starting a new fad in fingernail trends, lol. Mary's reading the book we talked about, but I'll send it when she's done, ok?

Terri - hope you got your laundry done. Mine has to be finished today. Then I have some ironing to do, too. Love the summer cottons, but not so fond of ironing them! But if I do it while I'm watching TV, it isn't so bad.

Cristi - glad you're better and that you have found a doctor you like. We did, too, after a few years search. Even Neal goes to her. She always spends plenty of time with each patient, and I never feel rushed.

Pam - YAY for new teeth! You may lose more weight when you get them, since it will be awkward to eat at first. I have partials, not full dentures, but have heard about it. It will be worth it, though!

Sue - I hear you about the Spring cleaning! I'm almost done with mine, after spending a few days with doing none, I'm ready to go again.

Well, as I told Sue, I have more cleaning to do today. Then tonight, we're going out to eat with Terry and Gina. He knows of a diner that serves the best specialty sandwiches, he says, and wants us to try a "salcheesy". Sounds like way too many points to me, but I'll keep them low the rest of the day, lol. Sounds like something I'll have to cut in half & share, lol.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning (CHAT DAY)

Geez just tried to get the baby dressed.. It is like trying to catch a wild animal! And then while i am trying to get stuff on her she is squirming away!
Didnt get my laundy done have been feeling so tired lately. I dont know why. Probably because i havent been excerising. But i did do better with my water yesterday. Still not enough but better then i was. I dont even know where my iron is. Unless we are going to a wedding or funeral i dont even bother. I just throw them back in the dryer for 5 minutes. Lazy, but i have a gard enough time just getting it washed and put away! let alone drying it.

Jane: I am lucky because my fave fast food is Subway. And my fave sub is the turkey breast or the veggie. So those are pretty low fat. I think.. They say they are anyway. I am not on weight watchers or anything, so i dont watch points. But i try to keep fat grams under 50. They canada food guide says 65 but i decided because i am not active to do 50. If anyone knows of a different number let me know.. I have never had to watch this kind of stuff. Was a little chubby after puberty but a cute chubby. Now after this last year.. it has gone from cute chubby to obese and very yucky. It is hard to unlearn 25 years worth of bad habits. Very bad late night eater!! If i could start my eating earlier in the day and then quit at night would lose weight i am sure. Hubby is a big part of that problem.. Every time i say i am trying to lose weight it is like he throws more junk food at me. Maybe he thinks if i am fat I won't leave him.. Anyways sorry about the me post, but am feeling sorry for myself today,, will come back later and see if anyone is around. Oh ya it is chat day!! i will come at 2 and see if that is the right time... one of these weeks i will get it right!

Thanx for listening!!! TTFN xxoo
Old 04-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #4  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies!!

Hope everyone is well. Yesterday was a BEEEYOOOOTEEEFUL day here in Ontario Canada, with temps reaching 30 degrees celcius. Unfortuntately though with the warm temps also came our first smog advisory or the year.

Took Joycelyn to the doctor yesterday for her one year service . She was great until it came time to undress her and put her on the scale and then she started screaming. She was most upset, and I put it down to the fact that even as babies, women are reluctant to get naked and weighed. Anyway, she is 20.6 pounds (She's my skinny minny) and 29 inches high. Apparantly she is in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th percentile for weight. She is growing quite nicely.

TERRI Sounds to me like you have a sabouteur in you husband. I really recommend you read Dr. Phil's book, 7 keys to weight loss freedom. I know that it's hard to find time to read with little ones about, but you need to do this for you. I think you'll find the insights quite helpful. I only wish that I had read this book years ago, and I could have saved myself a lot of heartache and money when it came to losing weight. I plan on reading it again.

I know what you mean about feeling tired too. I have been dragging my sorry butt out of bed every morning. It finally dawned on me that I would feel much better and have more energy if I exercised. It's been a couple of weeks since I did a really good thing for myself. I just gotta make the time for me. So it's back to dragging my butt out of bed at 4:30 a.m. Summer is coming and I want 25 pounds lost by my anniversary on August 17th. Since we are anniversary buddies, I was wondering if you want to also be weight loss buddies. We in about the same place weight wise too. Just let me know.

JANE
Your granddaughters are absolutely beautiful. That is one fantastic picture, it truly captures the moment.

Well ladies, it's back to the exercise plan again, I've spent enought time getting used to the BACK TO WORK SCHEDULE, and now it's time to schedule some time to get BACK TO WORK. After all no one else is going to take care of me but me.

And you guys of course........

TTFN
ANITA
Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Terri-Lee~I have read and heard of some men who do sabotage their wives/SO diets because they are afraid of change. Like you said, they are afraid that if their wife/SO loses the weight they will go out and find someone else. It's sad tho-they should be supporting them and helping them thru it. Maybe your hubby will come around-have you asked him to not bring that kind of stuff into the house? I know how hard it is to lose weight, geez! I am about ready to give up! I am fortunate that DH and my kids are willing to do anything to help. I don't buy junk food so not tempted to eat it. My big problem is eating out and not getting any exercise. I haven't given up on losing the weight yet but I have changed my mindset and am not letting this weight loss journey consume my life. Anyway...

Pam~you are welcome! I was worried something happened, and I too have written Ellen. I sure hope she's okay. Hey, that's great! You will have perfect, white teeth! You reminded me what I have been dreading for months! Going to the dentist! Sounds like you have been one busy lady too!

Angie~I think rainbow colored nails would be pretty!

Jane~Yeah, I think this doc will work out fine. The best thing is she is just around the corner from us so it takes a whole 5 mns. to get there if that. Vince won't go to her tho-the guys (V, J & J) have their doc who happens to be in a different building just across from this one and they like him. DD and I don't care for men docs. I'm just glad she was accepting new patients!

Susan~I would be having a cow if DD had a hickey at 13! Yikes! I wouldn't even let Carrie wear make-up till she was 15.

Hi Sue~sorry, I remember seeing that you had posted but can't remember what was said.

Hi to everyone else!

Speaking of laundry...yikes! I have waaaay too much for some reason. So that's what I am doing today. And I have about four things I need to iron also. Put the ironing board up yesterday to iron a shirt but it sat on the chair too long and figured the only way I would get all the wrinkles out was to rewash it! Had to get something else to wear! Anyway, also have some flowers to pot and need to water my roses on the side of the house-they are looking thirsty. It was supposed to rain the last two days and I was hoping for it but it just got cloudy. So better do some watering today. Was up bright and early to get to wally world-glad that is over with.

DD and I went to see Amityville Horror and it was okay. Of course it is a remake of the original with a few more things added. I didn't think there was anything scary about it at all and liked the original much better.

Gotta go...I am going to try and make it to chat, just not sure at this point so we will see.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #6  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Anita, sure being weight loss buddies sounds great! Wow Emma is 20 months and almost 30 pounds.. she is a little chunk! I will try to find the Dr. Phil book and order it. I have heard him talking about it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thought I should say Hi to you Anita-you snuck in while I was typing away! I agree with you about Dr. Phil's book-it is a good one.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #8  
RosieKate

Good morning

Terri - the Dr. Phil book is indeed very helpful..sorry hubby is a saboteur. My hubby is very supportive, but has a sweet tooth and is prone to sneaking candy bars into the house. He has gotten better about keeping his treats in the car or at work. We do try to focus on healthy habits as a family and I also try not to pin my successes or failures on any one but me. However, if my SO is in my face saying "One more won't hurt..." well, that's a different story. As far as you getting thin and leaving, well, he needs to realize that he should treasure you at any weight because you are a prize and there will always be the possibility of someone else.....fat women still get action, KWIM?

wish I had more time, but I need to get some grocery shopping done. I tried the Core Effects video and it is really good... alot like pilates...comes with an exercise ball. I went ahead and ordered a set for myself.

Dryer blew up on me day before yesterday, so, darn it, I can't do laundry I went out and bought a brand new Kenmore front loader washer and a super capacity dryer...first time I have had new laundry appliances...have always limped along with ancient appliances. I am excited beyond reason at the prosepect of having a dryer that doesn't take two hours to dry a load of jeans, lol!

Ok I am outta here...might make it back in time to chat, but don't know - will do my best
Later

Old 04-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #9  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Terri, I just wanted to mention that I agree with Katy, ultimately the only one who can take credit for your successes or failures is you. Think of it this way, when you finally lose all your weight, (and you will) are you gonna give the credit for the hard work to anyone else but yourself?

Anita
Old 04-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

I went into chat and no one was there! (I'm a little late so that may be the reason)

Jane--Beautiful photos of the girls!! I love capturing photos of little ones. As Jhanai gets older, it gets harder for her to let me take a photo!! But I had an idea for mothers day. I want to do a mommy photo shoot w/her. Take her somewhere and pretend we're doing some profession photos. Have her be my little model! Plus, I haven't gotten any photos of her recently since her hair cut!!

Terri--My ex wasn't supportive either. He always said he was but when I started to lose the weight, he kept telling me that he preferred more meat on me, then would proceed to put me down and tell me how horrible I was. Very frustrating! It was an emotional roller coaster. So what did I do? I stopped telling him I was trying to lose weight! I was doing it for me and no one else so I kept it to myself. I managed to lose over 40lbs. I have since gained some of that weight back but not all of it. Now w/James...he's VERY supportive and never speaks negatively about my weight. Or about me in general. And I still keep my progress to myself. And when there is a change...he does notice! If you need to get in more exercise...just put your little one into the stroller and take her on long walks. She'll enjoy her surroundings while you're getting in some walking.

Anita--You know, I don't even remember paying attention to Jhanai's perctile as she was growing! I do know that she's catching up to me in heigth!! She's almost 11 and the top her head reaches just above my eyes. I'm barely 5'1" so to me, that's tall!! She's going to pass me up soon!

Cristi--I'm in the same boat for laundry. Which has me confused since it's only been me the last three days here!! Where is the laundry coming from?? I glad you found a doctor that you like. I need to find one. Mine left a couple years ago to teach interns up in Portland....and I haven't been to one since! Which is a bad thing since I haven't gone in for an annual for three years now. Shame on me. May need to do something about that.

Katy--I've heard of the Core Effects videos. I watched an early morning show on how it works and everything. And I thought of the same thing...a lot like pilates....on a ball. I really enjoy pilates, need to get back to doing them!!

Hello to anyone I may have missed this morning. (or afternoon)

It's a beautiful day out and James is mowing the lawn and I need to hop onto the gazelle.

So you all havea lovely day. I will check chat one more time before I go.

Talk to you later.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #11  
RosieKate

I'm back - missed chat

Marti - I just finished doing part of one of the Core videos and it is really getting right to the areas I need. NOw I am off for a walk so I should be in good shape for the day! My DD still likes to go for a ride in the jogging stroller even at 3.5 y/o. I do have to wait until mid-afternoon to get a longer walk in. That way she falls asleep..otherwise she would lose patience then ---no fun for anyone!

Jane - loved the picture of your DGDs..so sweet! I'm hoping to get out in the yard with Leigh and get her interested in some gardening. She loves flowers....so maybe she'll be into it.

ok- DD is getting into the sink! Yikes!
BBL

Hi Anita, Cristi Sue and everyone else - hope the day is treating you well

Old 04-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I called the clinic nearby today to see if they do confirmations of pregnancy. The lady asked me if I was closer to the Madison Heights one or the Livonia one. I said Madison Heights and she goes, “ok, well they are only in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but for some reason they didn’t make it in today. So call back on Friday and you should be able to catch them.”

Jane~ The girls are little angels!!!!

Terrie-Lee~ I was not sure if I was going to be able to discipline and little boy but things get worked out and managed. I have only seen the commercials for the different nanny shows, I have been meaning to watch them.

Cristi~ I admit, that is a long way to wait to see the doctor, but at least it isn’t longer then that! We are getting very excited about his birthday party. I think he is too……cause if you ask him “are you going to be one soon?” he will stick up one finger and then he will get a HUGE smile on his face.

Susan~ 13 ˝ and already has a boyfriend?? That is funny how Doug handled it though.

Pam~ It is good to hear from you!

Angie~ I hope you can find some body parts soon!

Suetalks~ It is good to hear from you as well.

Hi to those that I missed…..how are you all doing? Any plans for this weekend?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey Anita, I remember that Brandon was in the 150% in height,,,from birth and his weight was in the 80% range,,,Tanner on the other hand was 80 % in height and 150% in weight...he was my 9 lb preemie...lol
Katy,,,we have the same washer then! Was it cheaper to buy a set?

What a gorgeous day here...think I need to go out and sit in the sun...
but I have a application to fill out....*shiver with excitment I got a call from that tv show I auditioned for last spring...they would like for me to come in next week for another audition.
Monte was telling me about this woman he delivers bread to, she started WW close to a month ago,,,she weighed 360 lbs when she started,,,shes lost 34 in 3 weeks.

I went and bought the Ray Charles sound track...wonderful! and I got my Rob Thomas CD...hubba hubba...and the music is great too!
well I should go and clean up...and finish my laundry
Old 04-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!!

Trying to get caught up here at work in need of a break!!!

All I have to say on the "boyfriend" thing is while Rach calls him a boyfriend, I don't.
He is a boy and a friend. I met him last night .

I also told Rocky after he finally asked what I wanted to talk about........that I didn't want to move to Hawaii, that I couldn't leave my children. I haven't talked with him today. Though he called this morning.

best get .....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-20-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:48 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Terri - it's ok if you eat the bulk of your food in the evening, as long as you stay within your range. I've heard of women who start their point-counting at supper time each day, and end it after lunch the next day. Whatever works! Maybe you could have a heart-to-heart with your DH and find out why he is temping you so much. As Katy said, chunky women get action, too, so maybe he should think about the big picture.

Anita - I laughed at your naked weigh-in comment! I can sure identify with Joycelyn, and used to feel like crying at weigh-in myself, lol.

Cristi - what kind of flowers did you pot? I've been teaching the DGDs the names of everything that's bloomed so far. Don't know how much they'll retain, but it's a start.

Katy - Neal has a huge sweet tooth, too, and eats candy bars in his truck on the way home, lol. YAY for the new washer and dryer. Don't you just love how they're so big now?

Marti - aww, that's a good idea about doing the photo shoot for Mother's Day. Then you two can do scrapbook pages together.

Mindee - maybe you'll get to the clinic tomorrow. Sounds like a lot of red-tape run-around to me.

Angie - remind me... was the TV show for a make over? Jeez, I hope they pick you, whatever it is!!

Susan - did you talk to Rocky last night? I'm wondering how he took your news. About Rachel, imho, if the guy is giving her a hickey, he's more than a pal. But I'll admit things are different today then back when I was 13, so I could be way off base. I know she's a good kid, though. It's HIM I'm worried about!

Well, I was in town during chat yesterday. Visited Maggie for awhile then printed out my camera smart card at Walgreens. (walmart's was down for repair) Also picked up an order at Penney's. Usually have stuff sent to the house but wanted it a day or two earlier than home delivery. Was supposed to be here Friday, finally made it on Tuesday. So much for that.... At least I didn't buy anything else while I was in the store. Bought a cool picnic basket at the fabric store, though. It's shaped like a big slice of watermelon, lol. Appropriate for me, since I live in the heart of melon country.

Today Katie is taking a "free" day and we're going shopping for her graduation dress and a dress for awards day, too. Not sure if we'll try to find something locally or just hop down to Evansville.

Btw, I DID give Neal 1/2 of my sandwich last night! A NSV for sure, 'cause I sure wanted to snarf it down!

Have a good one, chickies!!
Closed Thread