Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default April Cowers Bring May Flowers

Now I have nothing to say. I have a headache and I hope Cookzoid sticks around. She doesn't have to make me thin. Just be here.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #2  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Not planning on going anywhere. You are stuck with me.

I want blueberry turnover, it is calling to me. Must resist.
Why did DH buy those after I told him I was dieting?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

Pick up the turnovers with 2 fingers, hold your nose, and throw them into the freezer.

Painty, how well does your DS speak Japanese now?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #4  
I need more coffee.

Thanks for the sage advice. I did not eat it. I didn't freeze the turnovers but I did put the where I can't see them.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #5  
I need more coffee.

Which progress bar do y'all like best? I am prepared to bow down to peer pressure.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

I like the egg.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #7  

Wow, Cookie-- That Cow is cool.... I've overstayed my computer time tonight, but will unveil her tomorrow for all who care to see....
And I've just begun fiddling with photoshop... what is photobucket? Does this mean I could make "buttons" for my blog? Are you really html literate, etc.???

Cow-- I don't know that DS has maintained Japanese skills... He ended up with 2 or three years credit in HS... then when he tried to take another course at Indiana U. he found that he hadn't actually "mastered" all of the grammatical ins and outs. (Not too surprising, because kids don't often master the grammar in ENGLISH.) I can still imagine him going back into international business.... but he's going to see about teaching physics/astronomy first.

I must confess (now that we have a stickler for a Pope) that I had an applefritter instead of breakfast this morning.

TPBM is running a long way in her local breast cancer awareness run next month. (I am so mammarily attached that I am not allowed to run in public.)
Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 AM   #8  
fatter than U

Talking sunny side up or over easy?

I like the egg, too, Cookie. Must look into the South Beach Diet before I explode. Or implode. Or something. The chick from the thyroid site I visit has come out with some new book called The Thyroid Diet that's supposed to be quite similar to SB and helpful to poor hormonal slobs like me.

Today is Queen Elizabeth's 79th birthday. As a faithful royal subject, I will be eating LOTS of cake in her honour. Happy Birthday, Yer Majesty, and Many Happy Returns, eh?

While I was surfing around yesterday, I read various commments about Benedict XVl and one person said, "This new Pope is going to make the last one look like a puppy." Scary. Apparently his brother Georg (that's how you spell it in German) is very concerned about Ratzinger's health. So I wonder just how long he'll hold out? He doesn't really look like a well man, but then again, I wonder what I'LL look like when I'm 78??
Old 04-21-2005, 05:56 AM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, I'm not running anywhere but you're the first to ask so who knows. I could run from here to the bed.

Sugar, I think the new Pope looks fine. I am so impressed by the intellectual achievements of these men. John Paul spoke 16 languages? How many does this one do? Where do they get their education? How long does it take?

Now, the queen ... education? Languages? Does she have any sort of achievements in her background? They seem a disappointing lot.

TPBM would rather have dinner with the queen than the pope.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #10  
I need more coffee.

Good Moring Cowlets!

PW I am glad you liked the cow. I used MS Image Composer, I haven't used photoshop. As for html I am moderately literate but I cheat a lot by using FrontPage.

PhotoBucket is a free image hosting service I use.

I must go threaten the boys now so that they will get dressed for school.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #11  
fatter than U

I'd like to have dinner with both of them, actually. To be a Pope you have to already speak Italian, Spanish and English. He also speaks German, obviously, and who knows what other languages. Yes, he seems to be very intellectual and all his books have shot to the top of the bestseller list this week. John Paul spoke 16 languages? I didn't know that. I suppose a priest or cardinal would have a set routine and a fair amount of free study time to read and learn all that stuff.

The Queen speaks English and French as far as I know. I saw her speakin' it on tv a while back. The thing with the royal family is that they're just figureheads. They don't really have to do or be or know anything. Just show up for their obligatory appearances and get up to no good in between. I still have a soft spot for Elizabeth, though. Look at all she's been through with that wacky family of hers.

My house is still a pit and getting worse by the minute. Maybe I should get off my huge butt and do something about it. My university student cancelled her tutoring session with me this morning because HER HORSE DIED. Really. She had a very pretty white horse called Donna that fell ill and was operated on last week. There were complications and she had to be put down this week, poor thing. I hate it when pets die. So sad.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

someone told me it was 16 but I looked it up and he ONLY SPOKE EIGHTTTTT.

It is sad about pets. They're so dependent on us that we feel we've let them down if something happens. Even my bad cat I worry about.

DS is going to Washington DC next week. Needs a blazer or suit. Who's got one?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #13  

Popes are able to speak many foreign languages because they were studying them back in the day when all the other young guys were out cruising the strip and picking up chicks.

One of the guys that works here had a horse named Penny that died just last month. She was in her 30's which is quite old for a horse.

I think the life of a queen would be miserable. Always having to put on a show. Ick. The jewels would be nice, though. And I love her Corgis.

Painty, I had coconut cream pie for breakfast. And I'll raise you one, because my mom is taking me out to lunch today. She and dad have just returned from Arizona for the summer. They are planning on selling their big house here and living in AZ full time, except for summer motorhome touring. I can't understand them wanting to move away from all their children and grandchildren, but oh well. Maybe when I get that age I'll be sick of family too. Doubt it, though.

My sister joined Weight Watchers yesterday. The pressure is on.

I really should go change my progress bar thingie. Depressing.

I didn't get all my garden stuff done yesterday. I ended up spending my garden time weeding a huge long bed that had gotten out of control. I'm not going to buy any more plants until I have everything that I already have planted. I did manage to get my car washed and vacuumed, my hair cut and I went tanning (I know, not wise at my advanced age, but I have to cover up the varicose veins w/ some color or I can't wear shorts). I made pasta salad, deviled eggs and grilled DH's salmon that he caught on tuesday. I could really get used to being a haus frau. I even enjoyed doing some laundry. That is how bad I hate my job.

Enough rambling. Gotta do some work.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Thank you Peachblosssom for posting a new thread. I was so sick of seeing peter cottoncow (yes, I'm the one who put it there, what's your point?)

Haven't read the messages on this page yet, but thought I would say hi. We are at Bard today; yesterday we visited Vassar. Weather continues to be awesome, although cooler. Bard is beautiful and funky and weird. DD is taking a freshman seminar at the moment and dh is probably asleep in the car or doing a crossword puzzle somewhere. He is still recovering from surgery and tends to crash about 1 pm every day. Tomorrow will be killer - going to Tufts and Brandeis in the same day.

Kudos to Peachboy for doing the japanese camp. DD will be jealous. A few years ago she won a one-course scholarship to the U of Maine and the only thing she wanted to take was Japanese. They did not offer it (perhaps explaining why she refuses to consider going there).

Well, class is getting out in a few minutes, so I've gotta run. Yay on the Eggplant floors, Bagz, and boo on the ratzy guy, Sugar ( ), happy to hear from Cookie, and yeehaw on the shindigs everyone's been going to. I have a friend who lost all her baby weight on the SBdiet (and she had had it hanging on her as long as I have). Maybe we should all go on it.

Kiwi
Old 04-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

p.s. I have been walking miles every day. not with leslie, but with Jesse, Iris, Laura and I can't remember the name of the guy with the big ears today.
Closed Thread