Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 4/19

Well, didn't get much sleep last night. But this time it was due to my neck/back going out. Every once in a while it does that. It'll "freeze" to where I can't move it sideways or up/down. A couple visits to the chiropractor and I'll be good as new. Or at least be able to move. So I'm going to get the girls off to school, take a nap and then call and see if I can get in. Looks like I don't think I'll be exercising today. GRRR. We'll see. Maybe if I do it slower I'll be ok.
Hope you all have a nice, sunny day (we're supposed to get rain).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #2  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I had a long weekend...which was great. I did pretty well this weekend. I drank lots of water, didn't eat anything off plan, but I didn't exercise. So today I am going to have to go to the gym after work. I think that Thursday is my weigh in and measurement check at the gym...so I gotta work really hard! I don't think that I've lost weight, but maybe just toned up a little. Everyone have a great day. It looks like it could possibly rain here today.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Hope your back gets better soon! Back problems are the worst. For some reason, my lower back is really stiff right now.

Andrea: Great job of staying OP this weekend. They are definitely the hardest for me!

My eating went a little haywire this weekend, so it's back on track for me. I really, really need to get serious about getting the rest of this weight off. Exercising has been going well, and I'm actually getting some muscle tone, which is exciting. But, I'd really like to lose some more pounds!

Anyone else feel like they need to be remotivated? I've been trying to think of ways to get back into the mode of being excited about staying on track and being focused. Any ideas? A challenge?

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #4  
We're TTC!!

Jina- I think that a challenge would be great! It really helps to motivate me. That's great that you are seeing the benefits of working out. I don't think that I've lost anything doing Atkins (1 week now), but I feel a little better and the exercise is a big boost!

Weekends are so difficult with eating. My dh loves to go out to eat, which is possible, but tempting. We went to his favorite buffet over the weekend and I filled up with salad, steak, and roasted chicken. Probably over ate on the carb side, but I was proud of myself for not eating my favorite things...mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, hot rolls!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:47 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Jina~ yes I need to be remotivated!! Its getting warmer and warmer out there, and all my summer clothes dont fit. Im not talking, snug....but down right dont fit

I want to thank Randi for coming in and shaking things up a bit.

Im home alone today, thinking about heading out for my walk soon, before it gets too warm. Then some work in the garage. Cleaning it out, and trying to sort thru the crap!!!! As long as any critters stay hidden I'll be fine! I really really hate critters!!

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #6  
We're TTC!!

Default I have a big gripe!

I have been doing Atkins for a week and really sticking to it. Ok, so maybe low carb beers over the weekend didn't help anything, but I am still the exact same weight. I hear all these great weight loss stories and I'm stuck. I generally do about 60 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week and circuits about 2-3 days a week (for 30 mins). I drink at least 64 oz of pure water a day, plus may 40 oz of Crystal Light. I am getting enough veggies in b/c constipation has not been an issue. Do you think that the low carb beer really could have stalled me so bad? Any suggestions? I don't want to increase the exercise a whole lot b/c I won't be able to keep up with it. I suppose maybe an additional 30 minutes would be ok. Also, do any of you count calories or portion sizes. That could be the problem, too. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Andrea...are you on induction? The beer and the crystal lite will make a big difference, believe it or not. I went and checked out your food log for today, and it looks good.

Do you use fitday? www.fitday.com Give it a try and imput your food for the day. You may have some hidden carbs you didnt know about, you may be eating too much or not enough. Try to keep your calories above 1200.

Well, thats my imput, I hope it helps. Dont give up!!! Its something simple Im sure that has stalled you.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #8  
We're TTC!!

Thanks Robin for the input. Yeah I am trying to do induction. I really need to cut out the alcohol on weekends, I'm sure that's the problem. Plus, I do drink caffeine free diet pop (2 a day). On the weekends we tend to socialize with friends and I figured the low carb beer is a better alternative to regular, but maybe I need to do that only in later stages of Atkins and only have a couple. I do use fitday...not religiously, but to get an idea of how I'm doing. I put in todays totals and I think I am calorie-low.

I didnt even think that Crystal Light would stall me, but since it is made with aspartame maybe I am more affected by that.

I am going to give up on this darn weigh-in until Friday and then maybe with those changes I will be more successful!

Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

We definitely need something to shake things up (get re-motivated). Or I should specify "I" in that instead of "We".
What's our next holiday...Mother's day??
Old 04-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

you can include me in your "we" your not alone
Old 04-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

I need to figure out why I can do so well on the weekdays..but the weekends I go hog (yup. As in OINK) wild.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #12  
"Just call me Princess":)

Hey ladies!!

Just wanted to sneak in and say hello.

Things have been hectic over here with my daughter. Just when I thought things were getting back to normal she has a meltdown because her dad is just not daddy of the year and doesnt call when he promises etc...grrr...

I have been eating pretty well. I have just not been eating alot, and have lost about 20 so far. I have to up my water intake though because I can tell when I don't drink enough I feel yucky.

I need a remotivator though. Something...its hot here...and I want to be a hottie this summer.

I gotta get back to work but hope you all had a great day.
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote