Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat ~ 4/19

good morning chickadees!

grabbing my

brb
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Tofu Tuesday? Tiramisu Tuesday? Turnip Tuesday? Turkey Tuesday? or it could be "time to Tan" for me anyway.....I'm wearing capris and my legs look like xerox paper....

BBL...
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

sooooooooo how's everybody doing today?

my "to do" list seems to be weighing on my mind. Our youngest son graduates on May 20, and there is a lot going on with all of that. I need to get his graduation cards addressed and then we are having a celebration for him afterwards and I've started thinking about what all I need to do and get for the food and decorations. Some days I just wake up and think "oh man I need to be working on this". haha Also busy getting all the plans together for all the celebrations for our 12th graders at church. Stayed on the phones last night with all of them haha What a fun time of the year!

Marble - you don't even want to know about my white legs! haha I use to use self tanning lotion on them a lot, but now I just never seem to find the time.

Ok gotta get back to work!

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:05 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Wanna see white legs my legs never see the sun, ever !! To much jiggles and wiggles to be exposing them to the public, same for the upper arms and gut. ICK!

Well its tuesday, nothing much is new and I like it like that. BIL is still in ICU. They have him less sedated so he can talk to his family and they still can't figure out why he is throwing up so much bile. I'm not sure when they will do the treach either. I think they are just trying to work on getting the infected lungs cleared up. Poor guy is a mess.

Can't wait to go home its to pretty out to be stuck here
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #5  

Oh so Leenie and Kathy go to the beach in bathing suits and people scream "FLOUNDER" and put on thier sunglasses?????

Actually I'm a pink-toned fair-skinned blonde and the BEST self-tanner is Neutrigina brand for me...it looks very natural, not orangy and is about $7.00 at wally-mart. I also use "tan-towels" and spray the neutrigina on them when they are used up.... I NEVER streak..Now I just need to teach the dog how to do my back!

I am keeping this conversation *light* as I can imagine how serious things are for Leenie now.....with her BIL.

workworkwork,exams,exams,exams........IHATE graduation time. begone students!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Marble, don't keep the conversations light on my account... besides, light is boring well you know what I mean lol.

Oh...no they don't yell flounder when they see me, they yell, hurry push the whale back into the water, she's dying, she's dying ROFLMFAO !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM   #7  
CIN

You all are awfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Talking about yourself like that...............you failed to mention rough heels & veins!

Ok Marble....what is a tan towel......................................????Do they come with the Neutrogenia?

Walked at 6 am today with DH.been up since 5 Is it quitting time yet?

Lunch is calling........................................... .....
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies Back on Track today
DH had sleep apnea surgery yesterday so I spent all day at the hospital then went grocery shopping with MIL
Normally she is great but this pissed me off. we were looking at pudding cups (Dh can only eat soft food) and she says Oh well he won't need fat free and kindof made me feel like I should be buying only for him (I guess I'm not supposed to eat) and I said I'd like something for myself too and she says OH! get them. . .Mind you I'm spending my money so why the **** shouldn't I Maybe I was just overtired but come on!
Marble we'll give you student repellant
Cathy Sounds like a fun time by you!
Leenie I'm a bit beached myself
OH! DH and I went to an abilites expo over the weekend and I'm getting a bike for my birthday You pedal with your hands/Arms I tried 3 it was soo cool!!!
I'm excited!!
I'm going to log my food when I come back from Lunch bbiab
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:35 PM   #9  

Kier: What kind of bike? A real bike for outside? a schwinn air-dyne?

Cin: Tan-Towels are a separate purchase and work very well. The cheapest place to get them is good old HSN, they have various specials....the best thing about them is that there is no streaking and no residue. You can rub it on, let it dry for a minute or 2 then put on a white blouse. I've been using them (deep shade) for years. Various lectures from Plastic surgeon made me give up real tanning...("Ahem, Ms. Marbleflys...do you know that if you keep laying in the sun, your face will soon look like an old leather purse? Come on in, I'll show you my sarcoma slides, bring your lunch"!

Tomorrow's student lecture is "Skin cancer and soft tissue sarcoma".

Kier: Your MIL probably was thinking outloud.....just ignore and preach that "too much fat is not good for anyone"....
Old 04-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #10  
CIN

Thanks but what is HSN?
I am in Kentucky you know!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #11  

Home Shopping Network.......or go to HSN.com and do the search under "Tan-Towels"

(they must have HSN in Kentucky?)
Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #12  
CIN

Oh..I have never bought off TV.I will check it out when I retuirn from work tonight.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

http://www.hand-bikes.com/handbikes_031.htm

Thats a version of my bike to be it's a real outside bike!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #14  

Oh how PHAT!!!! You can also take me for a spin! Those things can give you QUITE a workout.

I'm dancing on air here! Yet another person who I haven't seen in a couple of weeks says to me ...GASP! '"you've lost weight!" I did hug her an thank her for noticing....

I thought I felt my hip-bones today??????
Old 04-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #15  

Hi everyone....it's a really nice day today....the 1st day that I have gone without a jacket.

I bought some new clothes....a few tops....a sweater & 2 pair of pants....I took the pants to the dressmaker to have them hemmed & the waist turned down in the front.....well...have only worn them twice....today I have to turn the waist over.....I must lose weight quicker in the abdomen....will wear them for a while with the waist turned over.

I had a doctor's appointment & ran a few errands today....got fruits & vegetables.

Marble, Leenie & Cathy.....my legs are white also.....I never sit in the sun.

Cin......talk about veins....when my DS was about 20....I had shorts on....my Ds saw this circle of purple veins on the side of 1 leg....just below the knee....he asked what that was.....I had to explain to him that sometimes women get those things....he was a bit shocked....lol.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote