Old 04-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #16  

Good morning Ladies: I'm back for 3 days than back down for 2 back for 1 than down for 1. than back for 3. If that is confusing think about DH who has to drive Kasee, I lived in Mississauga for many years (25 or so) but now live in "Mississauga north" or Wasaga Beach. There is a sub-division here that every one in it is from Brampton or Mississauga. I'm on the river but a friend lives there and they met up at the mail boxes and all you hear is "you look familiar". I am actually making mock potatoes as we speak. I have let the low-carbing get a little out of hand. We have been i n restaurants so much lately it's easier to order what you like, and with me its ALLWAYS a hamburger Most of us have Suzanne's books and I really enjoy them. Her recipes allways work out and are delicious..Anne 21 by the weekend, enjoy. Glad your son's are okay. Nikki it must be great to be in spring. It is still some what dirty here and no rain is called for until next Wednesday. You all might find this amusing but it is very hard to grow grass here because of all the sand. You just get it going and the sand always comes to the surface so everyone has one of those push brooms and used them to sweep the sand off the grass. True, DH does it at least once a week espically during a dry spell. Well DB is coming up for a visit so must get cracking. Talk to you all soon
Old 04-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #17  

Hi Everyone:
Lynn, we are relieved the boys weren't hurt too. My uncle (dads brother)
says the problem is the brake line has a hole in it and fluid is dripping. This
needs to be replaced. My poor son has just gotten his insurance and it the
cost was right over the top. He is paying $500.00 per month beleive it or not.
He will be 25 in September and the prices start to go down after you reach
that milestone. My uncle thought that at least if he could identify what was
wrong with the car my son wouldn't get ripped off when he gets the repair
done. I hope it works.
Kasee, I live in Etobicoke but work at St. Mikes in Toronto. Actually Etobicoke
is considered as Toronto now, since we are part of the Mega City.
Nikki, you have been so good with that exercise. I walk an hour everyday
with my pal from the office but once I get home I can't get off my butt and
do anything else.
Aleka, glad the rain stopped. We are in for a swell weekend and I am really
looking forward to that. A week in this place with around makes you
want to head for the hills
Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #18  

Good morning,

I can't remember if I told you that our house finally sold in NH. We passed papers last week. I was sad, but not as sad as I thought I would be. Yesterday DH & I went shopping for a hot tub to put out on the lanai. Someone came to the house later in the afternoon to check things over to see if they had enough room to come down the side of the house, they do, to determine how they could get it onto the lanai, no problem, and they wanted to make sure we had the correct wiring, which we do. So, when DH has a day off next week we're going back to make the arrangements. The hot tub is made in Canada, so naturally I thought of you girls. On the outside we could either have it in wood, or plastic. The wood looks so good compared to the plastic, so we opted for wood. Well, it's cheaper to get it in wood rather than plastic, but if it was made in the good ole US of A, it would be the other way around.

Anne, it is really chilly here this morning, it's in the 60's with a breeze that makes it feel colder. I think we brought the cold weather down with us when we moved. That's great you're walking for 1 hr. How is SSizing going for you? I should be getting her book sometime next week from Amazon. I wanted to read what she had to say about dieting for menopausal women.

Lynn, glad that you're home for a few days and I hope you enjoy them. Love mock potatoes. I used to be able to get celery root and use that instead of cauliflower. I kind of liked the celery root better. I haven't found it in a long time.

Hi Nikki, Kasee, Julie, Hope you're having a good day.

Ali
Old 04-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #19  

Hi Again: Anne, DS paid that until he was 25. What a rip-off. DD never had a problem with insurance that is a male thing (under 25) and I think it is highly unfair. He had to go out and by a car for cash because he couldn't afford both insurance and car payments. The funny thing is his first car was a 89 ford tempo he paid his now father-in-law $2000 for and he drove it for years than gave it away and beleive or not is still out there running as good as ever!!! The next car was totaled in a rear ender accident were the driver just took off. We would be sick if we had any idea how many cars are out there uninsured. Yes the weekend is going to be great. The worst place DS ever took a car to was Canadian Tire, they allways find other "stuff" that just has to be done. Thankfully DS has his F-in-L to help him though the repair mess out there. Ali, I find that quite amusing that the tub was made in Canada. Hope you enjoy it for many years. Hey Nikki How goes it??? out replanting??? Well must go figure out what to do for dinner. DB just phoned and said he was coming with his girlfriend so the hamburgers I planned won't cut it. Later
Old 04-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon All

Yes, ma'am, Lynn, that is what I was doing this morning. Actually, the garden is in better shape than I first thought. I hoed most of what has been planted and then prepared some space for green beans to be planted. DD and I are going to a craft fair in a little bit and after that, I'm going over to her place and hang a full length mirror. Then help her clean up her little garden area. When I get home, I'm planning on planting the green beans and maybe the tomatoes and peppers. Depends on how late it is and how pooped I am.
I'm glad your home for a few days, hope you have a nice visit with DB.
Wow, Anne, I was thinking about Crystal when you were talking about how high insurance was for your son. If she had to pay that, she couldn't afford to drive. She pays $500 for an entire year and this is her first car. She is 27, but still....
Personally, I've noticed young women are getting much worse and more aggressive as far as their driving goes. At least around here. It's like they have no idea that they could hurt someone or even care.
Ali, I guess we will all have to buy new swimming suits and plan on vacationing at your house this year. Party at Ali's everybody, just as soon as the hot tub gets set up
Congratulations though, I'm so happy for you (maybe just a bit green with envy )
Hi Kasee and Julie, hope your well.
Well, got to run talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 04-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #21  

Hello everybody!

You were talking about younger drivers and how aggressive they've become. I was watching some morning show not all that long ago, and whoever was interviewing a teenage girl and asked her why there were so many teenagers getting into accidents. She said that she knew some teenagers who think it's too much of an effort to take their foot off the gas to put in on the brake. I just sat there dumbfounded.

Nikki, ok when we get the hot tub I'll let you all know, I'll pick you guys up at the airport, get rid of DH for a few days, it'll be girls only, and we'll party!!

Lynn, what I couldn't get over was how inexpensive the hot tub was with the wood coming from Canada. The wood really makes it look a lot nicer than the plastic made to look like wood. You see, when I go into a store, I can hone in on the most expensive item. It's a gift, I know.

Anne, hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Kasee, Julie, hope you both have a great weekend.

Bye for now, Ali
Old 04-16-2005, 09:39 AM   #22  

Morning Ladies
Ali, DH says I have that gift too. He says that I can walk into any shop and within a few minutes, I've picked out the most expensive item. Well, you can't beat quality. I hope you have many relaxing moments in your new hot tub.
Wow, those are some lazy kids if they can't be bothered to take their foot off the gas to put it on the brake. Things are getting really unbelieveable anymore, how little some people value each other and their disregard for others safety or even, their own.
Looks like it might rain out. I'm not sure if I want it to or not. I did plant the rest of my green beans this morning. If it doesn't rain, I have to water them later.
Hi Anne, Lynn, Julie and Kasee. Hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
I have get out of this room and go outside. The squirrels need fed and are raising cain out there. DH says I don't have to feed them now that it's spring, but they seem to think they are part of our family now. At least, they think they still need to be fed.
Take care, Nikki
Old 04-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #23  

I'll start a new thread...

Ali