Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:23 PM   #1  

Unhappy Hi, I need help!

Hey, is this just for WW Vegetarians? I thought that just by eating healthy and exersizing I could lose weight! I know it's not true cuz it's not been working for me! Any comments? I feel pretty hopeless and ready to quit trying.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:27 PM   #2  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hey Slim I'm not a vegetarian but I do WW. Are you drinking the H2O?

Andrea
Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 AM   #3  

Does drinking the water REALLY REALLY work?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, it works to drink the water but you also have to watch what you eat. You still need the same balance of food whenyou are a vegitarian. Some times veggies, tend to bulk up on the carbs and forget to get the protien in. You need to make sure that each meal is balance, protein, vegatables, and carbs. You can get protein from seitan, tofu, beans, all kinds of things, and it should be the main course just as if you are eating meat. I ussually bulk up on the veggies to fill me up and have just one serving of grains a meal.
I have also found, that I can't eyeball my proportions so I bought the scale and have been weighing everything. somethings are so far off from what I thought. I was totally over estimating servings.
I rember when I became a veg in middle school and people thought I was gonna lose weight, it didn't happen. it never happened until I realised how poorly I was eating.
keep at it and it will come off.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:44 PM   #5  

jennie, are you vegetarian WW? also, I eat no processed food because of headaches, and i consider tofu processed. and, i am allergic(very)to beans. I eat lentils and split peas. i eat soup everyday. i did just cut out most the oil. any help?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I was a vegitarian WW for a while but then I got pregnant and my craving were for meet. I had been a veg for so long that a lot of my cooking is still veggie.
Tofu is processed but more the way a natural cheese is(think a chunk of cheddar not a kraft single). It doesn't have perservatives or anything in it. I get mine at an orgainic coop or the asian market and its all natural. I have problems with processed food but most of it is from the perservatives and the excess sodium in it. Like I can eat all natural p nut butter that is made in the store but a jar of peanut butter will make me sick for days.
i would try some tofu. I buy the firm kind, and freeze it and let it thaw. This gives it a good texture then I chop it up and mix it in what ever. Its good in spagetti sauce, barbques, or stir fried. It just doesnt' have much flavor so you have to really season it a lot.
Do you eat eggs and cheese? I think you definatly need to get some protein in some where. Are most of your points coming from carbs or veggies?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

There is also a forum for vegetarians, vegans and fans of organic lifestyle under the alternachick forum...It is called Veggiechicks. There are some good recipes there too
Closed Thread