Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:26 AM   #1  

Default Flounder Help!

I bought some flounder fillets (frozen) and don't know how to fix them! Can someone give me an idea?
Thanks!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Sherry,

Yes, first defrost them. Leave them in the frig over night and it should defrost.

Just remember this, there is going to be alot of water after you cook the flounder so make sure you cook it in some sort of pan that has a raised edge or use foil and turn up the ends so that the water doesn't drip all over your oven.

You can put what ever spice you like on it, I use sea food seasoning or Old Bay seasoning, some people like to squeeze lemon on it as well. Just put the fish (grayish side down) and sprinkle w/seasoning and bake at a high temperature 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. They cook very fast so depending on the thickness you need to watch it. It shoud be white and flakey when done, not that white/clear icky raw color. Serve up w/some low cal tarter sauce.

You can do this on the grill as well but make a foil boat. If you put the fish directly on the grill w/out the foil it will stick and break and be very hard to turn.

To me this is the easiest, low cal way to make it.

If you like Flounder, you'll love Tilapia fish (sp?) and orange roughy MMMMM!!!!

Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  

Thumbs up Flounder fix

Thaw the fish....fish needs to be cooked as simple as possible...I place the thawed fish in the bottom of a glass cooking dish....cut up three bell peppers....put on top of fish...add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, basil and a little butter (1-2 teaspoons). Cook at 325 for 40 minutes...serve with saffron rice....only 7 WW points per serving! Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #4  

Thaw the fish - Place skin side down in tinfoil. Then add some lemons wedges and some white or vidalia onions also cut in to wedges. Add some salt & pepper. Cook on grill for about 20 minutes
Closed Thread