Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #1  

Default advice, sugggestions wanted

i'm getting ready to begin the process of having wl surgery. i've got 3 weeks until my next appt with my dr, where we will discuss it further.
could you please give me any and all advice, information, suggestions, websites, etc so that i can be as educated on the subject as possible when i go back to get started?
thanks so much!!!!

~jenn
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/180/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jenn,
welcome to the WLS portion of the clutch!! I had a roux-en-y gastric bypass on January 26th and am quite pleased at this point with it. My first bit of advice is to reasearch what type of weight loss surgery you think would work best for you. This type of surgery isn't for everyone, and it does carry it's own set of risks, even long term ones. But if you decide it is for you, don't be afraid to pester your doctor with questions, even if you think they're not important. And if your doctor does make you feel like you're not important or like he's not listening, I'd confront him/her about it. Possibly look for another doctor. There are few things worse than having a porly trained or apathetic doctor when it comes to this, or any for that matter, type of surgery. Poor after care can be life-threatening.
As for where to find info, just type in "weight loss surgery" in gogle or any search engine and you will find an abundance of information. You will also find posts from people reporting both good and bad, some horrifying, results from their surgeries. So, good luck with your search and feel free to ask any of us here questions.

Angie
original_serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #3  

www.obesityhelp.com
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

jenn - there is lots of information about pre-surgery and questions in the threads on this forum. just look through them...

there's also a SEARCH function at the top of this page... just type in what you're looking for, make sure that you select THIS forum to search in - and off you'll go...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #5  

thanks so much girls!!!!!
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote