Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #1  
Chubby Barbie

Location: In Florida near the beach with all these thin pretty girls around!

Default Wonder how the celebs always look so perfect?

Even Beyounce has a little rolls here and there. She still looks good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beyairbrushed.jpg (26.4 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg beyactual.jpg (26.5 KB, 215 views)
DaisyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

I would love to have Beyonce's body! I don't understand how the celebs do it... is there something I'm missing?
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #3  
Chubby Barbie

You have to click on the pics to see the little differences. I didn't mean she was huge and they made her look tiny. She has little rolls (like everyone would) on her side and they took those out and her boobs were made big and perkier. I'd love her body too! My point is they have normal bodies but pictures are airbrushed to make them look abnormally perfect. Also over all her body is made longer so se looks leaner... but I had to cut the images to make them small enough to upload. maybe I ruined it, they were the exact same size before.

Last edited by DaisyLily; 04-08-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Oh no no no I was just commenting that I love her body! I can see what you mean though between the two pictures. That's what I always have to remind myself - they're airbrushed!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #5  
Delicious Microwaved!

I agree that Beyonce has a wonderful build! I think she's a beautiful girl and I'm so glad to see her and some of the other curvier stars (Brittany, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kate Winslet...) holding onto the "sexy" limelight.

Thanks so much for posting these two pics DaisyLily. I love to see pictures of the alleged "flaws" in celebrities' bodies. Not because I'm some evil person wishing all bad things against women with great bods but because, seriously, I get sick of seeing all these images of unnatural perfection.

Personally I don't think it's one bit fair that so many images are air-brushed, retouched, and remastered. It's like they already have a beautiful model and they just can't bear to show her off with a pinch of skin showing on her side? And it really irks me that a lot of so-called "fitness" magazines exploit the exact same tricks and tactics with their models.
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #6  
Chubby Barbie

I didn't realise how good airbrushing was. Whenever I try to do it I always come out blurry!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #7  
Delicious Microwaved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLily
I didn't realise how good airbrushing was. Whenever I try to do it I always come out blurry!
Hehe, I know what you mean. I tried to tweak a photo of myself on Adobe to make my teeth look whiter and it turned out very, very, badly.

On a side note, just to show how overly critical we get about our bodies, I showed my boyfriend those two pictures that you posted. On the "before" shot he couldn't even tell what the difference was. I had to point it out to him. But I think he may have been staring at something other than her side
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I compared them side-by-side and can find even subtle differences, such as they've made her lips fuller, taken a bit of a ridge out of the forehead, narrowed the shadow of her nose and deepened her eyes. That's just the face alone!

But not even just the more noticeable areas, like the skin on her side, but they also removed a bit of skin showing at the elbow areas...smoothed it out.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #9  

Airbrushing photos to look realistic take years of practice and professional training helps too.
fatbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #10  

Keep in mind also that the person requesting the changes to the photos may in fact be the celebrity, sometimes they get to sign off on the photos. My husband is an artist that works with a wrestling publication and the magazine people give the wrestlers a say in the final product.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote