Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 4/11 - 4/17

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...077#post818077

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 04-11-2005, 07:20 AM   #2  
Goddess

Default Hello everyone!!!

I'm the first one here! Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a good week!

Susan
Old 04-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

Lets make sure we get:

1. THREE days minimum of exercise. Move and lose it!

2. Try a new vegetable, or recipe this week and share what you think!

3. Drink your water! 1/2 oz for each pound you weigh is a good amount to flush out your system.

Now lets get out there and MAKE this a good week!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning everyone!

I have to cook dinner for leadership meeting at the church tonight. I am making Tex-Mex stuff. I was going to do the cooking at the church, but last night, there was a gas smell so they turned off the gas. The cooktop in the kitchen is gas, so I can't use it until they get the gas fixed. I can use the ovens, which are electric, but I am going to have to brown the meat and make the refried beans at home!

I won't have much time to spend online until after the dinner tonight, so I hope everyone has a great day! I will check in tonight when I am done.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #5  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Good Glorious Monday Morning EVERYONE!!!

I think with all my falterings as a human being...(ie, last week...if we all remember) ...it makes me know myself better. I have a stronger resolve to LOSE THESE POUNDS! I will get my exercise in this week and my water...and, oh, yes...my veggie!!!

I have been singing the praises of SB! to everyone...it really is nice...and I feel so much better.

Will be checking back a lot today, have to work later...2-8pm...and then going to work out after work.

How was everyone's weekend??? My kids played and played outside.

Hey, a new workout...pulling youself and 2 preschool aged kids in a bike trailer, uphill...hahaha!!!! What a thigh burner!!!

-Sar-
Old 04-11-2005, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning Ladies.

It was simply beautiful all weekend. We worked out in theyard all day Saturday. I pulled dandy-lions for one hour. I hate those things. We just got lawn service and they have not died yet. I had a whole bag full. I think all that bending was some good exercise. yesterday we planted an azaela (sp) bed and some flox around the hot tub.

My DD sold her house so we will be spending our nights and weekends getting her packed and moved home. They will move in with us until they find a house Plus my youngest DD will be moving home from college. All this will probably happen the same week I will probably be nuts in a week. Going from no one home to 3 more and a dog.

We had an awesome dinner last night. Grilled cod, grilled squash and zuchina and a salad. It was better than any restaurant meal. I could eat that every night.

Off to find a storage place for DD's furniture. Oh, and I guess I should try to squeeze some work in today. Boss would appreciate that.

Have a great OP Day!!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #7  

Good morning...

It was a slow start for me this morning, I finally got out of the bed at 9.30am although I have been up an hour earlier. Well...the weather is beautiful here with nice warm temp and dh is off today too. Jess is always so thrill when dh is home. Nothing much planned for today except taking Jess to her music/dance/play class around mid day and hope to do some cleaning too, if that is possible. Overall, it will be a lazy and relaxing day

Menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle with agave, 1 fried egg and 2 small breakfast sausages.

Snack : Might not have it since I ate my breakfast late.

Lunch : If dh is not eating at home, Jess and I might just get some sandwich/wrap after picking Jess up at her class today. Usually we are hungry after the class.

Snack : Fruit and nuts.

Dinner : I think dh will grill some fillet mignon while I will make some baked beans to go with some pan-seared fennel which I love so much. I might even ask dh to grill some veggies like squash and eggplant, which means I will have to run to the store later.

Some replies :

FILLISE : Hope you have a good day too!

MONET : Thanks for starting the board. I really appreciate your effort. Hope cooking for church tonight will be smooth sailing.

SARAH : Good day to you! You have a great attitude and that will take you a long way. One reminder for myself is always....don't sweat the small stuff...and most stuff are usually small My weekend was great. Relaxing and lots of family quality time. Nothing better than that. Yep, the kids can be a great workout tools...lol. Good for you!

JACK : Don't you just love how the weeds make us work?? Last week, I spent the whole evening pulling weeds around the yard. My goodness....my back didn't have as much as I did when I see those weeds gone...lol. I love Azaleas. I have quite a few of them on my yard. My fav is the "Gumpo" (sp?)or Encore that doesn't get too high or bushy plus the best thing is, they flowers twice a year. I cannot get over how beautiful they are when they flower. Your fish dinner sounds yummy...I could eat that often too plus it is so healthy. Looks like you have some workout (moving and packing) waiting for you this weekend

The rest of the gang, have a good day and chat with you all later.

Julia
Old 04-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #8  
Going to Meet My Goal!

eh?!?!!?! did somebody call today GLORIOUS?!?! gah, what planet are you on? its monday and im cranky, didnt get enough sleep im onl campus all day today so i have to watch what i eat...had a granola bar for bf and a chick-fil-a sandwhich for lunch (i ate the bread......i was starving!!!!!) ...not too sure what ill have for dinner but i might go to the store and grab a pre made salad since i have 4 hours between classes....and im going to spend that time working on my BIG paper (thats due tomorrow....that i havent even started yet ) then tomorrow the cycle starts all over again with studying for exams.....gah does anyone want to trade places with me??? well i better get moving so im not late for class...hope everyone has a great day
Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #9  

Good Monday morning everyone:

I am feeling better and better about my decision to put off this surgery. I found someone near me who specializes in Women's Health, and will be able to get me started on pelvic floor therapy to help strengthen those muscles.
I am also looking at getting in to see another gynecologist in the area who has a lot of State-of-the-art technology, and maybe can let me know why I am having so many other problems (discharge, spotting between cycles, cycles getting more abnormal, terrible cramping etc...) I called this morning but their computers are down, and they have to call me back.

My entire workout week was shot last week, so I plan to get back on track today (if Lane co-operates). I found a 74-oz handled bottle with a spout at Wal-Mart that I bought and will take to the gym with me. It has a wide-mouth, so it's easy to get ice into it.

I am at 120#'s today; I have been making myself eat better. So far today, I have had a WW bagel with natural PB, fruit preserves, and a small glass of non-fat organic milk. I will have some carrots, celery and dip here in a little bit. Not sure what is for lunch yet.

I got to the grocery store yesterday and got stocked up on good foods. Has anyone heard of Fuze drinks? I got a few to try; they look interesting.

Tonight I will make meatloaf, a salad, and maybe green beans and cut up some fresh tomatoes.

Lane is doing well with potty training; we've only had a few accidents in the past week.

I had to take Britt out to buy a new fish yesterday since hers died on Saturday. I then took the girls to pick out their swimsuits for this year. They ended up getting matching ones. I guess I won't lose track of them this way (ha). Lane starts swim lessons next month, and then they both have them in June/July.

Monet: As always, thanks for starting the board. Good luck with your dinner for the leadership meeting.

sebray: You sound so busy....hang in there.

Ken: Enjoy your day. Does Jess enjoy that class? Britt took some dance classes when she was a little younger, and loved them, but I had to take her out of them because they encouraged toe-walking, which we have had to discourage her from doing, due to her arch problems.

Jack: Wow, you are going to have a houseful soon; good luck with that. It's tough when you get a routine going and then something like this happens. I hope you are able to keep up with your exercise and good eating.

Sarah: Dont' be hard on yourself; more people are unable to do fasts then are. I think it takes a very STRONG person to follow through with something like that. Just eat right and exercise when you can; that is the key to any long-term weight loss and maintenance. AND, like yourself everyday for who you are.

Well, Lane is having a major tantrum; better go see what's up!

Take care, and have a wonderful, OP day.

Nat
Old 04-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #10  

Hello everyone and happy Monday. Its raining here and gloomy looking outside but the week end was warm and great. We even grilled some pork steaks yesterday. I found some tender little asparagus to cook so we'll have them tonight with what else I don't know. Am going out for lunch today with a friend so it will probably be salad bar or chili. I started myself out today with a peanut butter ww bagel. Oh dear got to run just realized its time for DH to get home for lunch.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #11  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

A couple of replies...

Yes, it is GLORIOUS here..even though it is Monday. And, yes, I have to work today too..boo hoo!!! I can't stand M/T/F...work days! How do you guys who work 5 days do it??

Pancho...what kind of surgery are you supposed to have? Maybe I have been in the ozone...but, it is a feminine type surgery?? I just had ovarian cysts and hernias operated on last Apr 23rd (almost a year) it was supposed to be outpatient but I was in the hospital 3 days!!! I ended up having some kind of problem with my uterus that they found when they were "in there" haha! I have something like vericose (sp?) veins that caused me pain..they ended up splitting them. Probably from having 2 kids right on top of eachother (got prego when my DS was 10 months old)

Jack-K -- oh my, two moves in one weekend?? My heart goes out to you...I have had to do something similar when I was pregnant...my parents moved and so did we (dh and I)..was hard!!!!

Talk to you all later..sorry for no time for more replies..must make lunch, get ready for work...

(ps, wearing a skirt to work today...should look killer!! haha!!!)

-Sarah-
Old 04-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #12  

Good afternoon from Monetland. I got the meat browned, the 'refried' beans done, pico de gallo made, guacamole made, now all I have to do is cut up the lettuce, carry it all over to the church, stopping for dessert on the way. I think I will get ice cream for dessert. I can get that and chocolate sauce, and a can of whipped cream, and they can make sundaes. I might get cookies too, but I don't want to spend too much. I already spent about $80, and if I spend much more, there will be no money left for me!

I don't have time for replies. I will get that done tonight, when I get home or in the morning.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone...just a quick check in! I was in Rochester last weekend to see some family and today I was birthday shopping for my DH. He is so hard to buy for!! But I have little rituals I do every year, like using newspaper for his presents and I have to make a cherry pie every year, which I look forward to!! I'll have a slice and call myself lucky. I was very, very bad over the weekend with eating!! My dad wanted to go to a place called Schaller's, which is an awesome burger bar and I had the burger, with the bun, and the fries AND a chocolate malted shake...and it was worth every bit of water retention I got from it!! THEN I had a box of junior mints at the school play we went to, and half a box of dots, then a Big Mac at McDonald's on the way home. Oh, and I forgot the silver dollar pancakes with blueberry syrup at IHOP. But today I'm back on track and the scale didn't register any loss or gain, still holding fast to 165, so no harm, no foul, right?

Sebray: How do you get two tickers in your signature? I tried the conventional way and it ignored the second ticker. I have a mini goal I'd like to add.

I went for a long walk today and picked up a heavy box at the post office half way around my route. Which was good for my arms and lower back! I should take a heavy box on my walk more often!!

So, today for Breakfast I had 1 1/2 strips of bacon with a slice of cantaloupe and some grapes, then for lunch I had some chicken wings at the store and a 29 oz bottle of water, then a strawberry smoothie when I got home and for dinner I'll have probably chicken shish-ka-bobs since we got our grill out.

Spring has finally gotten under way and the grass is starting to get a tinge of green around the brown-ness, the buds are out on the maple trees and the tulip, daffodil and crocuses are all on their way!! Finally!!

So, I'll have to do replies probably on Wednesday. Talk to you guys later on!!

Kris
Old 04-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #14  

TECH! I missed you! I am glad you are back.

Ok, off to finish the dinner. I am wasting time, procrastinating. Shame on me!
Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #15  
Going to Meet My Goal!

ok really quick then i have to let the monster headache take over and kill my kids

one exam is done....paper still due tomorrow....one of my exams was cancled (teacher was too far behind hehe )

Tech: i just did the same exact thing for the second one that i did for the first one....try deleteing ur entire sig and starting fresh.....sometimes if you dont delete the little underscore line thingy that magically shows up after u delete an old ticker it will make the sig act funny hehe....

well the guys are warming up spaghetti and i need to soak my achy tired body before i start working on my paper again.... night all
Closed Thread