Old 04-08-2005, 12:41 PM   #1  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation ~*40 Somethings *~ #2

i started a new thread ... the other was gettin rather long!

HAHA u should see what im having for lunch... very strange combination.. ran home and looked around the kitchen for anything i felt like eating..

ummm an orange, some jello, and some dill pickle spears.. ehh that should really mix up well in my tummy!

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-26-2005 at 03:28 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks

ummm an orange, some jello, and some dill pickle spears.. ehh that should really mix up well in my tummy!
Are you preggers?
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #3  

Rightway: Hi, I am on South Beach also. I am well into phase two. You are doing awesome!!
Phase 2 you can add back some carb into your diet. For lunch, I found some low carb whole grain wraps at the store. I have one and fill it with salad mixings and lunch meat. I then add to it a garden salad or a whole chopped up cucumber. There are a variety of menus on this board. I tried the mock pancakes a few weeks ago...they were awesome! I also eat a custard I mix up for the week for breakfast to break up the 'eggs' each morning.

Keep up the good work!
Lisa
LisaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #4  
Staying in 1derland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey7
Are you preggers?
no way in this world!! lmao but it did make me sick!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

CL Thanks for the new thread. I didn't mind the long one since that's how I found all of you. BTW, your lunch sounded disgusting. It would be enough to make my want to skip eating.

Today has been another no boss day and it's been really quiet. I think I see a reason for having a boss, I do work then. So far today just a minimal amount of work has been completed. To think I used to be a boss and was a workaholic - now I'm a worker bee and not at all a workaholic. Still a work ethic, but not dedicated to it. I like this way alot better.

I have been okay diet wise. I had ice cream for lunch but that was part of my weekly mini-goals on Fridays. So I'm okay with it. Tonight is exercise night and I will do that. I don't always want to but I will since I'm promising here.

I failed at caffeine free. I got to the point this morning that I laid down on the couch in my office. That is bad. So I had some caffeinated pepsi and voila, I'm human again. I think that I will surrender and never go decaffeinated unless my dr. says that I'm in dire straights without doing it. It was horrible.

Everybody take care and have a great Friday.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #6  

It's been a wonderful day so far for me and I feel really good. Put on my spring coat (that I haven't been able to wear for 2 yrs.) and it's really loose, ditto spring pants. I walked to the mall and back, which is only 1 mile total, but mixed with my other exercise, it should help some more. Also I bought 2 t-shirts in x-lge. instead of 2x x-lge and they fit Now if only I could get rid of this spare tire around my gut

How's everyone doing today? CL how's kitty? Breakfast was bran flakes and banana and skim, lunch was 1/3 leftover pork chop (last nights dinner) and a bit of pasta and brocolli. I don't think I can ever get too much bran or brocolli Dinner will be chicken and somethin', I don't know yet!

Okay well, I'm off for more exercise. Hope you're all doing well and have a good day
Old 04-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

It's a cold day here in OR, about 25 degrees below normal. But it's sunny and that something. I just think my spring flowers would enjoy the higher temps. Bailey, our breakfasts we're the same. I thought that was sort of funny. I love wheat bran flakes with bananas. It's a great way to start the day.

I screwed up with a snack and had icing. Didn't want the cake so I ate the icing. Bad me. I counted it into my calories for the day so hopefully I can stay on track the rest of the day and make my calorie limit.

i exercised last night. It was sort of funny. DH and I exercise 3X week together, he on the exercycle and me on the gazelle. After 11 minutes the power went out. I kept going but he couldn't since the cycle is electronic magnet type. So I exercised and he didn't. Then we had to go out to dinner because of no electricity and I had too much fat. It's amazing how outside factors can sabotage a healthy day.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #8  

doing poorly on the eating today...meaning I have had all of 1 trisket, 1 cheese stick and 1 bottle of crystal light...and that is it!!! I need to eat but I am just not hungry today.
Lisa
Old 04-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBee
doing poorly on the eating today...meaning I have had all of 1 trisket, 1 cheese stick and 1 bottle of crystal light...and that is it!!! I need to eat but I am just not hungry today.
Lisa
Are you not feeling well? At least have some soup, veggie would be good to boost your strength. I wish I had your problem
Old 04-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #10  

Nope...feel just fine....
now added a tbsp of chunky peanut butter and 2 glass of H2O...thinking maybe I'm dehydrated....who knows?!?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #11  

Well…….the flood gates opened yesterday and I just couldn’t stop it! LOL………For some reason, I just started eating and kept on going all day….I will not even tell you what all I at, but trust me……I went to bed feeling pretty bad and bloated! So back on the wagon today! I wonder why this happens every so often…I guess as long as I get back to the program, I shouldn’t let it rule my life. Last week I had a day full of craving and just plain huger, but I knew that it was gong to be that time of the month, so I kept it under control, but yesterday….wooo hooooo…party in my mouth all day!

Okay so now we start back again…..tonight I am meeting a friend for pizza, a monthly ritual, so I was planning on just a few pieces and filling up on pop. That is not until later tonight though so for the rest of the day…..a walk and simply low cal foods to tide me over for the day. I was going to weigh in today, but I will wait a few days…I don’t think I would react well to the number and since I have no need to weigh, I will wait until I am back OP and moving along……….

Hope others are doing well!!!!!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #12  

"...tonight I am meeting a friend for pizza, a monthly ritual, so I was planning on just a few pieces and filling up on pop."

Lilybutt: Pizza out with a friend sounds like a ton of fun! Instead of limiting yourself to a slice and then filling up on soda, why not get yourself bottled water (or bring it along) and fill up on a big salad with lots of veggies and low cal dressing...then add a slice of pizza on the side?? I don't know what program you are doing but the soda will actually extend your stomach, empty quickly and leave you hungry. (all the carbination).

Have fun!! Hope you had a nice walk.

Lisa
Old 04-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #13  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi ALL!!!

Yes miss myah is doing great!! yesterday she even ate an entire can of real cat food!!!

Bailey u are making me soooo hungry for brocolli!!! do u eat regular pasta or wheat??

Umm after the pickle/orange fiasco i havent had much appetite.. yeah it made me sick for sure... i dont know why but i was just craving the 2 ..

I made some yummy chicken.. I took some horseradish sauce and spread it on some skinless chickenbreast and then topped it with some parmesean cheese and broiled it.. yummmm

and had some yellow squash for a side for my dinner last nite..

feel guilty cuz it was beautiful yesterday and i was inside all day working on a birthday page for a friend...

guess i better try to get outdoors a bit today.. monday will be here before i know it......... dang it i gotta find me a husband.. lol I hate going to work it interfers with my hobbies!!! lmao
Old 04-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #14  

Hi girls! I'm hungry and the feeling won't go away I had breaky and lunch and I'm drinking water but nothing is helping Oh well, guess I'l just do more exercises. I just bought the healthy choice ww pasta yesterday but haven't cooked it yet, I'm kinda scared that I'll hate it. I'm glad kitty is doing better. It's a beautiful sunny day here today and I should be out walking but I gotta clean and cook. Tonight it's grilled steaks and garlic shrimp and hubby will have garlic bread also. I think that when you go out tonight for pizza you should have a couple of lge. glasses of water before you leave. This will help and the salad thing is good too Well, hope you're all doing well, I'll check back later
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #15  

Thanks for the new thread, feeling great to be recharged.

I had a great and wonderful weekend, my best friend was up for the weekend with her family and we had so much fun. I probably evened out on the NS program and ended up eating heavily on Sunday, but lightly on Saturday, so if I can get rid of the left over cake, I should be in good shape. wink wink nod.

LISA - SB second phase I hear is great, my coworkers doing it are happiest on it or else it is the relief from being off the first phase. I like you pizza idea, the salad, the water and a slice of pizza, it covers a lot of things, including increasing the veggie count.

MARIE - When some people go caffeine free, they get withdrawal symptoms, so it may be better to withdraw slowly rather than "cold turkey".

The weekend was great weather, I was outside Sunday morning reading the newspaper, walked around the neighborhood to see the open houses, socializing and such.

My exercise for the weekend was getting ready for the party, having the party and then cleaning up. I loved all of it. The weather was so good that no one arrived for an hour, I began to think I had sent the wrong information, but it was just people being out and about as much as possible.

Wondering what my weigh in tomorrow will be like??
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote