Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 AM   #1  

Red face Singles Supporting Singles #4

Hello Singles!!!!!

If you are single and looking for support for healthy eating, exercise and/or weight loss, please join us. The world is often built for two and if you're looking for a place where you can hang out with other people who are single, you've found it here! We look forward to getting to know you.

Please come in, make yourself at home, and tell us a little about you. Help yourself to the fresh fruit and veggie tray there on the coffee table. We didn't figure it was appropriate to put out cookies.

If you'd like to look back at the previous thread to get a little more information about us, click here for Singles Supporting Singles #3.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #2  

Default hi

thanks sheriva for starting our new thread!

not much to report today. the weekend went by way too fast as usual. i am dealing with a very large headache right now so i will probably hit the hay early tonite.

have a good tuesday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #3  

Sure has been quiet around the ol' singles thread. (sigh) Hoping to see some new folks join us or some of our previous folks come back to visit.

First day back to work after vacation here. BLECH. This SUCKS! And of course, now that I am back to work, the weather forecast is STUNNING. GRR. I forgot to take my meds yesterday so, in addition to having extra weight on the scale this morning due to water retention (I take a prescription diuretic to help keep my blood pressure in check), my stomach is raging from lack of my Prilosec. Ow. I rarely forget to take my meds a whole day like that...noticed at bedtime that Monday's pills were still in the box and knew it was too late at that point to do anything about it. Ah well, I will survive that. My first day back at work, I dunno about that. LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #4  

Default hi

hi sheriva - beautiful day here too! suppose to be even better tomorrow. i sure hope spring is here to stay!! got a nice walk in with the girls(the dogs).

the first day back always stinks. my dr. just started me on a diuretic for my pressure also. i'm suppose to take it every day, but i usually go every other. i find when i take it daily i feel too dehydrated and i already drink tons of water, then i'm up all nite.

do you or anyone reading this ever eat the lean cuisine dinners? i was at my local grocery store tonite and i saw they have a new look and some new flavors as well. i stocked up because they were on sale for $1.79 each. i get so tired of eating the same thing all the time. i'm also tired of taking sandwiches to work. i figure these are just as easy to grab-n-go in the morning.

well, i hope someone else jumps in here. have a good humpday!
kathy
Old 04-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #5  

Hi singles, this is Jodie the journeygirl coming around again. I think people probably dissappear when they aren't doing so well in there weight lose efforts, at least that's what I do. I joined this sight because I thought it would help keep me encouraged and instead I just stay away when I'm not doing so well.
So I have a few questions, just trying to get to know you ladies better.
Sheria Va, what type of medication do you have to take and what's it for? Hope that's not too personal, if it is I appologize. Where did you go for vacation? And where are you from?
Kathy: What kin of dogs do you have? I've been thinking about getting 2 myself, I love dogs and it's areason to get out and excersis. Where are you from?
Now that 20 questions is over here's a little info on me. I'm from Windsor Ontario, I'm 30 years old, single of coarse and have been for the last 6 months. Never married, just a series of boyfriends. I love this weather, but does anyone else find it makes you feel a little lonely at times? I love to rollerblade and bike and just be outside in this weather and I actually really enjoy spending time by myself, I just find in this weather I sometimes feel I wish I could share it with someone who enjoys the same things.
ttyl
Jods
journeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeygirl
I think people probably dissappear when they aren't doing so well in there weight lose efforts, at least that's what I do.
Jodie, I think you're right on the money about that! I think that's why we had a booming thread going BEFORE the holidays but AFTER the holidays, it was pretty much down to just Kathy and I for a while!

Quote:
Sheria Va, what type of medication do you have to take and what's it for? Hope that's not too personal, if it is I appologize. Where did you go for vacation? And where are you from?
I take medication for high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, hormone replacement, acid reflux and anxiety. Plus I take a few other non-prescription supplements, so it adds up to a lot of pills every day!

I am originally from Ohio but have been living in the Washington, DC area for over 30 years now (I'm 52). I usually go on vacation in the spring with a group of friends to the Caribbean but, for various reasons, that got called off this year. I realized I couldn't make another couple of months without taking off some time from work, so I just took a week off and spent half of it visiting my best friends in Delaware (at the beach) and the other half at home doing some things around the house, getting laundry caught up, errands, etc.

Thanks for sharing some info about you!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #7  

[QUOTE=corningkat]then i'm up all nite.[\quote]

That's my least favorite part of taking Dyazide! Since I forgot to take my meds Monday, I was up three times peeing last night making up for it! LOL

Quote:
do you or anyone reading this ever eat the lean cuisine dinners? i was at my local grocery store tonite and i saw they have a new look and some new flavors as well.
No, I haven't tried any. I'm not a big frozen dinner fan. I don't like most of the full fat ones much less the lowfat ones; and, even among the lowfat ones, I have never cared for the Lean Cuisine brand. However, on my healthy eating board, there are several women who have tried the new whole grains selections and said they were quite good. Let us know how you like them. Maybe I will change my mind!

If you have the Michelina brand of frozen dinners where you live, you might want to check those out. Back when I was eating frozen dinners for lunch after going to the gym (about 5-6 years ago), I would find the Michelinas on sale quite often and found them pretty tasty. Of course, I am a very picky eater so I mostly ate the 3-cheese lasagna one--believe it or not, it is lowfat! They have some other lowfat entrees as well.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #8  

On the frozen dinner issue, I read oxygen magazine and they recomend Ignite dinners, there's a good source of prtein. I've tried them and they're good as far as frozen dinners go. What is really impressive is the quantity compared to other frozen dinners.
journeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #9  

Default hi

hi singles! sorry to be missing a few days. they have been a whirlwind of appts...because i sold the house!!!!! i am so happy, but now i have to do the packing. (yuck)

sheriava-first while we're on the question thing...is your name just sheria???or sheri??? anywho, we must have different tastes. i don't care for the michelena's, but i like some (not all) lean cuisines. i won't eat anything that has those little red peppers for flavoring. they have revamped the line and i like them. i usually add more veggies to them though.

jods-i am from corning, ny. i am 30, single and the "girls" are a lab/shepard and a cocker spaniel. i also have friends staying with me (till i move that is) and they have a rottie and the mother cocker spaniel of the one i have. and a cat!! so i have a house full right now. they have always been around each other so they all are like sisters. i feel bad for my friend's fiance being around 7 girls all the time.

on the other subject...don't ever not visit with us just because of a bad spell. that is why we are here. i have lots of bad spells but i still visit. we enjoy your company thru good and bad.

well, big day tomorrow. work from 5am - 9am and then it's off to start packing and organizing. hopefully for the last time!!! have a good saturday!
kathy
Old 04-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
they have been a whirlwind of appts...because i sold the house!!!!!
Yea! Congrats on selling the house, Kathy! Good luck with the packing.

Quote:
sheriava-is your name just sheria???or sheri???
My name is Sheri. SheriaVa = First name (Sheri) + First initial of last name (A) + Location (Virginia)

Quote:
on the other subject...don't ever not visit with us just because of a bad spell. that is why we are here. i have lots of bad spells but i still visit. we enjoy your company thru good and bad.
I completely agree! In fact, I find it quite helpful to talk through my bad spells and to get support during them. Helps me be accountable to others as well as myself, which helps me get back on track faster and stop beating up on myself.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #11  

Default hi

hi singles! popping in to say hi! i have been busy trying to get some packing and planning done. i don't want to wait to the last minute. if i had a closing date set in stone, i'd be out of here pronto. i hate the anticipation.

not having too bad a week. all this moving business is helping to keep the brain busy with something other than food. i plan on having a little home gym at the other house and i ordered the "total gym" from qvc the other day. it was their daily special and quite a deal. i can't wait to get it. when i was going to physical therapy, they had one and reccomended it. it did help strenghten my knees quite a bit. when i sell the house i am going to get a good treadmill. where i'm moving to is out in the boonies and i don't like to walk too far because the last time i tried that i ran into a rabid raccoon.

well, i hope you are having a great week!
kathy
Old 04-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #12  
Tired of being FAT!

HI there everyone! I'm single, new to this website, and way way fat, lonely and low self esteem. This is a great concept. I hope I can find some support and talk to others who have the same problems I do. It's so awful feeling out of control and not having someone to share my life with.
pebs410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #13  

Default hi

welcome beth! glad to have you join us! it's been awfully quiet around here. we will give all the support we are able to. i have many of the same "symptoms". i am always struggling with my eating, trying to get on the exercise bandwagon, and of course, being single, always lonely. this board helps. i do a lot of reading and it helps because i know i'm not the only one with these problems.

i am getting better at the exercise thing, now that it is getting nicer. i took the "girls" (dogs) for a nice long walk today. i don't know why it is so hard to exercise...because once i get going it feels great. i think it is a mental thing.

well, i hope everyone has a good thursday!
kathy
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #14  

Default hi

hi singles! what a beautiful day today and i had it off from work. now they cancelled our overtime so i get a 3 day weekend!

i went to my ww meeting last nite and i lost 1.5 for a total of 6lbs. now. i know it's not much, but i am happy.

sheri - more good news! the girl that is buying my house wants to rent it for a month till the closing. now i can really get moving! which is a good thing because i think work has gotten out about my dad passing and we are getting a lot of trespassers. the sooner i get moved the better. i will be busy so don't think i got lost if i don't check in for a few days at a time. i will probably be offline for a week too while i move.(i'll let you know when) i have to get slow poke old dial up because there is no cable or dsl out there in the boonies.

well, i'm off to do some packing. have a good weekend!
kathy
Old 04-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #15  

Hello all! So sorry I have been missing in action this week but I hope everyone had a good week. That flu I had last weekend took a while to get completely over...my tummy was still irritated for days so I was eating soft foods like rice and soup clear into my work week. The appetite monster returned on Wednesday with a vengeance! It felt good to go have a long, hard workout at the gym today after missing workouts all last weekend. I did upper body weight training, an hour-long step aerobics class, and another 30 minutes on the treadmill after that...plus hours of shopping after. Whew! I think I will sleep well tonight. LOL

Kathy: Good going on the weight loss, girl! And great news about the girl renting the house before closing...extra income can't hurt!

Beth: Welcome! Sorry I wasn't hear to welcome you sooner. Please talk to us about what kind of support would be most helpful. We can talk about food, cooking or exercise tips or emotional support...or all of the above!