Old 04-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  

Default Time For serious Fun #101

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make sure and take a little time just for you today! You are WORTH it!

Dorothy

I will be back in a little later to check on everyone

Faye
Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday! I got up late today and nearly missed my swim - I was a bit disappointed about missing it, so in the end I gulped down a quick cup of coffee and raced down there! I ended up having a really good swim and had alot more energy than I've had over the last few days.

Dorothy - Well done for managing to stick within your points. I did WW for a bit and that exact thing happened to me once - I bought a 'healthy eating' type pizza and guessed the points would be about 10 - it turned out it had 37 points!! Well done for still managing to stay on track - it would have been easy to think 'oh well I've blown it now, might as well pig out!!' - or maybe that's just me!

FAYE - Thanks for clearing up that birthday alarm thing - it's nice and clear now! Keep safe during the storms.

To Carri, Nikki, Julie, Sandy and Susan!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:20 AM   #4  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday's Future. Give everyone an example of what you would like to happen in the future with your weight loss, ie, smaller wedding dress, etc.

POINTS WRAPUP:

Amanda

back a little later girls

Faye
Old 04-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #5  

Hi Girls!
Been staying OP and drinking my water. Works been crazy so I have been a bit tired, but hanging in there.

Amanda-Thanks! Usually, I would've just blown it, but been trying really hard to stick with it and think this time I'm actually getting back into the groove of things. I dont want to gain all the lbs I lost last time. By the way I hear swimming is a great exercise, good for you, for sticking to it also and going.

Oh I think I have a mini zoo at home now, yesterday I was given a free parakeet. Its a girl or at least I think, judging from its cere color. She's yellow with light black speckles and a little green by the tummy. Not sure what to call her yet, any suggestions?? She's sweet and still very young, lets me pet her and everything. Think I could really train her well. Now remember I already have the 2 cats (Kit & Nemo) and the chihuahua, Gizmo, lol...my mini zoo.

Okay talk to you girls later...take care.
turningleaf4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:24 PM   #6  

Hello, ladies - hope you are all ready for the weekend...I'm doing some painting in my sunroom. Have the trim to do - the part I hate the worst - then I'm making some new window treatments and it'll be done.

Didn't get my exercise in yesterday but did stay OP and drink my water. Same for today, so far. It's been raining so I can't get out and walk...or at least that's the excuse for today.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #7  

Dorothy

Dorothy: You do kind of have a zoo going. I just have the cat and dog. Ok, this is corny, but if she is yellow with black spotting, why not Bee or Bumblebee? Kind of crazy, but then, remember my dog's name is Fortune!

I just finished The Same Sweet Girls, which was an awesome book. Boohooed through the end of it, then a little later put in the DVD the Notebook and major boohooing on that. I know it is partially because with both the book and the movie it is about older people and with the movie, both my grandfather and mother had Alzheimer's and every time I forget or can't bring something to memory fast enough it creeps me out so I just bawled and bawled thinking about Jack being in that position 20 years from now. It is a good movie though.

I hope everyone has a great weekend this weekend. Tomorrow is my grandson's very first soccer practice so I am all excited about that.

You all take care. TTFN

Faye ***JULIE WE MISS YOU BUNCHES GIRL!***
Old 04-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi,

I got 4 points yesterday. Stayed up till 5am playing computer games with Nigel!

DOROTHY - I love amimals too - I have a cat and we are going to get a kitten soon for him to play with. I have a bird phobia so could never keep a bird - my actual phobia is of dead birds - so birds and cats in the same house - that's asking for trouble!

FAYE - My dad had a 'funny turn' recently where he completely lost his short term memory - I'm praying it's not Alzheimers. I always remember my mum saying to me when I was a teenager - if I ever get like that (senile) just kill me'. It must have been horrible to see your mother go through it, and of course worry about yours and Jack's health.

SUSAN - Well done for staying on track with your food and water.

JULIE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU HON??? PLEASE CHECK IN - WE MISS YOU!

Love Amanda x
Old 04-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share your thoughts with us!

I will do pts etc later. Gotta run to the soccer game soon

Faye
Old 04-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well I had a bit of a wobbly day yesterday - I think PMS is on it's way. I didn't feel up to exercise as was really tired and emotional, and then went 300 cals over my 1600 limit because I bought 150g of full fat brie and ate it all! Oh well, today is a new day! I did a review of my week and stayed under 1600 cals for 4 days out of 7, and exercised for 5 days - I feel I am slipping a bit and need to get back to 7 days OP and 6 days exercise. I've found it harder than I thought cutting back to 1600 cals, so it's a bit of a time of transition and I'll get used to it soon.

Have a fab weekend all!

Love Amanda x
Old 04-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... hope you all are doing well, well we went to the neuro surgeon for my dh and he said it is a herniated disc or scar tissue from the back surgery that he had in high school so he suggested that he have a steroid injection epidural, he says that it takes away the pain completely in 6 out of 10 people, now I am praying ( and I need you all to pray ) that he is one of the lucky 6 !!! He is very nervous about having the procedure done and so am I, he has it done on Tuesday afternoon, I will let you all know how it goes...

As far as diet goes I did stick to my plan of my first phase which was to not have any soda all this week, and boy did I suffer, the caffiene withdrawal was maddening, the headaches were severe, but I stuck to it ... so now on to phase two tomorrow...

Faye - Should be nice weather for dg first soccer practice, have fun!!!

Amanda - You are doing a great job, keep it up, dont worry about the cheese, you will walk or swim it off this week !!!

Julie - We do miss you, stop in and say "hi"

Everyone else I missed "hi" and everyone have a great weekend!!!

Later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #12  

Amanda (Thur)

Carri: Hope hubby's news will be good come Tues and he will be fit as a fiddle.

Ok, this morning was good and bad. My grandson was sooooo cute during practice, BUT the soccer park was a huge MUD PIT. I had on dress pants and sandals because I needed to go shopping afterwards. Ruined my shoes, almost slipped and popped my knee out in the mud and yuck, had to endure the brat from **** and she was in fine form. She chewed her dad out in front of strangers practically screaming at him, then ignored us and sucked up to her in-laws the whole time. Not only that, but we didn't bring chairs and had to stand for 1 1/2 hours and my feet, ankles, calves and knees have been screaming ever since. My dd did not even once offer to let me sit down for a few minutes. We went out and bought some chairs, but I am not going back into that mud pit. Hopefully it will be dry Thur for practice. The one thing that was funny is T does NOT like to have dirty hands and of course he had to take his turn as goalie and catch a filthy ball. After the first time, he told the coach, "I am not going to be a goalie anymore because they get dirty hands!" The coach laughed, but he made him do his part. T would come over to his mom after every session and wipe his hands off. They tried to get him to wipe them on his shirt, but he said he didn't want to get dirty (unfortunately, he had fallen in the mud and his whole backside was muddy as well as legs, socks and shoes. ) I will post a pic as soon as dh downloads them.

Hope you are all having a fine day!

Faye
Old 04-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #13  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our poll this week is, What do you fear most about getting old?

It is going to be a pretty day again today. I have to go to the dreaded commissary and get groceries. UGH!

As for the poll, being what is now considered middle age, having lived over half my life now, able to join AARP and get some seniors discounts, I guess a lot of women would stress out of just being older. My only fear is losing my husband. I can deal with illness, inability to do things, less vision or vision problems, arthritis, whatever, but something happening to my husband would be devastating to me. My dh watched the Notebook after I had gone to bed Friday night and yesterday said to me, "I watched part of that movie." I thought he meant Friday Night Lights as we just got that from Netflix and he has been waiting a long time to see it. I asked if that is what he meant and he said, "No." then a big pause. I said, "Oh, the Notebook. Disturbing isn't it?" He looked at me and had tears in his eyes and said, "It is US." I said, I know. Anyway, sometimes being very very wrapped up with one other person can be difficult when it comes to getting older and facing mortality. DH is convinced that since we both truly believe God brought us together that he will let us die together and not leave one of the other of us alone. I have tried to tell him not to think that way, but haven't ever made any headway. Anyway, that is what scares me about aging.

Everyone have a good day!

Faye
Old 04-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #14  

Hi Girls!
Well I blew it...sort of... on Saturday. My mom flew in and we all went to my sis's house, there was food everywhere. I went over my points, but I had all my 35 flex pts I hadn't used so I think i actually did manage to stay OP that day, lol. Yet, I really didnt want to use up my flex pts, but oh well, that's what they're there for. I weighed in today and I am 162lbs, means I lost 3lbs...yay! Today i am heading out to go to the movies with a friend, I'll check in later.

About the poll...Although I am 27yrs old now ever since i turned 24yrs old I always worry about wasting my time and not accomplishing much with my life. I know i exaggerate, but still it worries me. For example, once i get my income tax return I want to invest money in the stock market, so I guess my fear is more towards being financially stable when I am older. Which I guess also has to do with the fact, that I am single and although I would like to meet someone lately, (after breaking up with Andy- remember my ex with the drinking problem?) I am just not eager about sharing my life with someone. I find it hard to trust and open up, guess I just need more time, but its been over a yr now. Anyway, dont want to ramble here, hehe.

Amanda- Good girl! Mess up one day, but just pick up on the next day and take it from there. You're doing good.

Carrie-I'll have you and your dh in my thoughts, best of luck.

Faye-Hehe, your dg sounds adorable. Can't wait to see the pics. Oh and the bird i think I'll name it(not sure yet if a girl or boy) Tweedle Lee, lol...just because i can't whistle so I say something that sounds like that and it responds by singing, so think unless i come up with something else it'll be Tweedle Lee, lol. Oh, and sorry to hear your dd is still giving you two a hard time. About the Notebook, I loved that movie!

Julie-I hope you're doing good and that we hear form you soon.

Okay girls, enjoy the day!
turningleaf4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #15  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to make exercise a normal part of our life. It is probably the most difficult thing to find time to do, but the most important. Find time to make exercise part of your life everyday!

Dorothy: I like the name you decided on. It's cute. We had some friends a long time ago that lived in Indiana and had a canary and named him Larry Bird.

Julie: I am beginning to get worried about you now. I don't remember you saying you were going on a trip or anything. I hope that is the case. We need you back here to be part of us!

Everyone have a good day!

Faye